How's Your Kitakami Resource Grind Going?

Scrubby_McScrub

Where are we all at with this? I did a tally this morning and I currently have 75 of the 80 stages covered with what I have in hand today. I more than likely will have the 80 stages covered by the time the event starts. 

I'm really curious because I want an idea of how much of a nightmare randoms is going to be when all those are unleashed. 

LOL

I'm not going for Kitakami...

I'll be playing my Midway when they release it.

Yum yum, free food.

• Haha 1

Until they give it a battery of six CIWS mounts, not interested.

A better question might be how many times you'll see one of these that -aren't- a yellow?

Edited by Jakob Knight

36 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

LOL

I'm not going for Kitakami...

I'll be playing my Midway when they release it.

Yum yum, free food.

Same here, starting to sound like a broken record at this point, but playing subs you dont really care. BS free zone. And dont care to get it, killed one in 2 seconds the other day.

Kitakami is  a scam. But I'm going to grab the other ships. Because at this point I'm sitting on enough RB points and Coal to just grab it, and there's nothing else I really want to buy.

PS: Pity the Flags are separate. Would have been nice to get the one for Elli.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I , Like many here , could get it Day 1.

HARD PASS.

Now , Give it HOMING torps like the subs get and MAYBE....

Still..

NOPE

• Haha 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Where are we all at with this? I did a tally this morning and I currently have 75 of the 80 stages covered with what I have in hand today. I more than likely will have the 80 stages covered by the time the event starts. 

I'm really curious because I want an idea of how much of a nightmare randoms is going to be when all those are unleashed. 

Just outa curiosity, what is the cost of all that you mentions (all those stages)? 

• Like 1

I have enough now, but would wait until I earn more to have more flexibility as to what to use, as well as to avoid emptying the larder of some resources. 

Now, I have to decide if its actually worth it. I am pretty much settled on going as far as Defence. 

4 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Just outa curiosity, what is the cost of all that you mentions (all those stages)? 

All stages up to Kitkami and excluding flags in:

Research points - 192.000

Steel - 136.000

Coal - 1.520.000

The Kitakami costs 50% of that.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Kitakami is  a scam. But I'm going to grab the other ships. Because at this point I'm sitting on enough RB points and Coal to just grab it, and there's nothing else I really want to buy.

PS: Pity the Flags are separate. Would have been nice to get the one for Elli.

I agree, the Kitakami is not worth it.  I am thinking of just getting the Greek cruiser. Anyone know what it takes to get just it? I haven't even looked at the event. 

10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I agree, the Kitakami is not worth it.  I am thinking of just getting the Greek cruiser. Anyone know what it takes to get just it? I haven't even looked at the event. 

8 stages total up to Elli, that's 152k coal, 13.6k steel, or 19.2k RP.

I'd go for coal.

• Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

All stages up to Kitkami and excluding flags in:

Research points - 192.000

Steel - 136.000

Coal - 1.520.000

The Kitakami costs 50% of that.

Daaaamn!

@Scrubby_McScrub You almost have half of this!!!

Sweet Baby Jesus!

How do anyone just "get" 70 000-ish steel and 100 000 RB points?

Gotta say, seen 3 of them (Supertesters) in battle and killed one of them. Felt like facing a T4-5 cruiser at T10. Dont EVER get spotted in this thing, it doesn't have Smolensk magic over pen armor.

Still gotta love the gimmick factor tho!

Edited by OldSchoolGaming_Youtube

2 hours ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Oh-Kay, I am missing something?  What Kitakami event?

48 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Daaaamn!

@Scrubby_McScrub You almost have half of this!!!

Sweet Baby Jesus!

How do anyone just "get" 70 000-ish steel and 100 000 RB points?

Gotta say, seen 3 of them (Supertesters) in battle and killed one of them. Felt like facing a T4-5 cruiser at T10. Dont EVER get spotted in this thing, it doesn't have Smolensk magic over pen armor.

Still gotta love the gimmick factor tho!

Those figures are if you ONLY use those to get it. For example, if you JUST use Coal it will cost 1.5 Million to get Kitakami (and you also get the other 3 ships). It isn't all those added up. You can mix and match them, to lower the cost of the various resources, but all are not required.

Also, don't think anyone has mentioned this yet but you CAN (not saying you should) buy up to 16 of the needed 80 stages to get Kitakami with Premium Time (60 days p/ stage).

• Like 1

Well, I could get it straight up for Coal right now if I wanted to and could (LOL). I admit I am tempted as it will be somewhat rare due to the cost and WG has said it won't be coming back for at least 2 years (if ever).

I have most ships in the game now so I am intrigued. I just have to get by all the choking and gagging I will do at the cost as I detest these resource sink events. Also, the cost is tempered a bit by the fact the final cost is for FOUR total ships not JUST Kitakami. If you get Kitakami you also get T6 EU CL Elli, T7 ITL CL Ferruccio, and T10 CB Defense as well. That helps to mitigate, somewhat, that insane total cost. I mean people just paid 680K Coal for Smolensk B so is 1.5 Million Coal for 4 ships that different?

I also am factoring in snowflakes. They will be going on at the same time. If I went 100% Coal it would wipe me out but I will be getting north of 160K Coal from flakes not to mention the Coal from Santa crates I get with my T10 certificates and the dockyard assuming it rewards Coal (I expect it will). I will be back to 200K Coal in no time. I can also use some PT, Steel, and/or RB pts to soften the Coal blow if I want too. Snowflakes will bring me between 16-17K Steel and Santa crates and the dockyard a few days of PT most likely. RB pts I will probably save as they are harder to come by in the amounts needed for a ship.

Currently I have...

• Coal: 1,531,201
  • Steel: 28,727
  • RB Points: 21,487
  • Premium Time: 1812 Days
Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hope its enough for defence, since that will be the one I aiming for. Still gotta reset a few times and collect all the points during Christmas.

image.png.3ec7df7a4c0b31c021d419ab421f3b13.png

2 minutes ago, Asym said:

Thanks for the information...  Is this a Public Test event?  There wasn't a join button and I don't see it or have seen it in the News ?

No that is what will happen on the live server next update for Christmas (12.11 - not sure why they call it closed test it is supposed to happen in 12.11). Other pertinent devblogs about 12.11/Christmas below...

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/492

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/490

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Asym said:

Is this a Public Test event?  There wasn't a join button and I don't see it or have seen it in the News ?

image.thumb.png.f30d30a7f12549a024397409e18dfae7.png

Next patch stuffs, but won't be available on pts.

• Thanks 1

I can get Kitakami if I choose to do so without paying a dime.  I just finished harvesting the x16 RB points I had on the Harugumo line.  I had been planning on getting Slava, Gibraltar and Siegfried with the points.  I also have almost 700k coal as I lost the Smolensk B auction by just under 20k coal, so I still have all my coal reserve.

• Coal: 682,597
  • Steel: 17,190
  • RB Points: 185,113
  • Premium Time: 551 days

4 minutes ago, GMMF said:

Hope its enough for defence, since that will be the one I aiming for. Still gotta reset a few times and collect all the points during Christmas.

image.png.3ec7df7a4c0b31c021d419ab421f3b13.png

You need to buy 40 stages to get Defense. Stages cost

• Steel = 1700 p/ stage
  • RB pts = 2400 p/ stage
  • Coal = 19,000
  • Premium Time (max 16 stages) = 60 days p/ stage

So your current resources can buy...

• Coal = 25 stages (with a little left)
  • Steel = 36 Stages (with a little left)
  • RB Points = 27 Stages (with a little left over)
  • Total stages possible = 88

So you can easily get Defense by mixing and matching. You also have enough, should you desire it, to get Kitakami which requires 80 stages.

• Thanks 2

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

So you can easily get Defense by mixing and matching. You also have enough, should you desire it, to get Kitakami which requires 80 stages.

Thanks for helping, I figure using RP might be the best deal compared to steel & coal which takes a bit longer to accumulate, so I am resetting a couple lines right now. Won't touch premium time as I don't have a lot of them saved up. Will see if I can reach Kitakami at the end of the event, if not then its ok as well since her reputation isn't the best right now. 

2 minutes ago, GMMF said:

Thanks for helping, I figure using RP might be the best deal compared to steel & coal which takes a bit longer to accumulate, so I am resetting a couple lines right now. Won't touch premium time as I don't have a lot of them saved up. Will see if I can reach Kitakami at the end of the event, if not then its ok as well since her reputation isn't the best right now. 

If I get Kitakami it will fully be for the collector aspect of having a rare ship that will not be available again for at least two year.  I would expect Kitakmi to be a port queen, perhaps taken into co-op if I need a lot of torpedo hits.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GMMF said:

Now for me RB pts are the hardest to come by as I refuse to regrind a line I have already done. The few times I have done RB (Ohio, Slava, Illinois, Gibraltar) I always used FXP + stacked reset bonuses on the Harugumo line. I also go out of my way to be sure I earn all free RB pts rewards and will spend money (like on dockyards) when they are involved as rewards to help build them up.

GL to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1