Two 10 Point Commanders Sitting Around Playing Cards

tm63au

Got two I-401 Sub Commanders sitting around bored to death and they rehash ships which have been around since the dawn of time ( game terms ).

This was there chance to shine since Subs are the new flavour at this present time, I'm Pro Sub but I think even some of the Anti crowd would enjoy the I-401.

WG really got the there finger on the pulse NOT.

I-401.thumb.jpg.0e634ba15e740677a3959b757dcc47ea.jpg

Another " the lights are on but nobody is home " moment WG, keep up the good work on those clone Scharnhorst's

Edited by tm63au
  • Haha 3

This kind of illustrates a corollary of the captain rework that mildly gets on my t1ts: with the switch from 19 to 21 points (and the associated insane cost to get there) for a maxed-out captain, I only rarely get to use specific captains like this, even when the ship is available.

For example, I have several of the ARP ships, and I don't think any of them get run with their matching captain: I don't have the spare xp lying around any more to get them to a sensible level in most cases.

In terms of game impact, it really doesn't matter at all, as I have no shortage of good captains to use in such ships; it'd just be nice to make more use of more of the 'weird' ones that WG have taken the trouble to produce.

(Although, that's one minor positive of my being forced to exit Randoms - high point captains matter less in Coop. My 'Vanilla' Cossack is now meowing at me, for instance.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

(Although, that's one minor positive of my being forced to exit Randoms - high point captains matter less in Coop. My 'Vanilla' Cossack is now meowing at me, for instance.)

That's an interesting way of thinking about PvE - one that hadn't occurred to me.  Players come into the game, and over time become exhausted with the Randoms grind.  Without PvE, they'd likely just quit.  So think of Co-op as a retention mechanism, where players go to retire or recuperate. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tm63au said:

Got two I-401 Sub Commanders sitting around bored to death and they rehash ships which have been around since the dawn of time ( game terms ).

This was there chance to shine since Subs are the new flavour at this present time, I'm Pro Sub but I think even some of the Anti crowd would enjoy the I-401.

WG really got the there finger on the pulse NOT.

I-401.thumb.jpg.0e634ba15e740677a3959b757dcc47ea.jpg

Another " the lights are on but nobody is home " moment WG, keep up the good work on those clone Scharnhorst's

Why not give 'em some time to tell their story?  🙂 
https://www.devstrike.net/topic/40-if-our-captains-could-talk-again/