Which Computer Monitor do you use?

MysticalWar

Is there an advantage with high refresh rate for WoWs? I use my home office monitors for the game, two Dell U2415s @1920x1200. 60 Hz and I think they're just dandy. Am I missing out on all the fun?

Edit: I play WoWs on 1 screen only - the second is for the forum, or even work...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I use the one built-in to my Laptop computer.

I do that to sometimes just to swap to extend the life of the monitor and laptop screen so it lasts longer. But going from 15.6 to 24 inches always seems dramatic 

13 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Is there an advantage with high refresh rate for WoWs? I use my home office monitors for the game, two Dell U2415s @1920x1200. 60 Hz and I think they're just dandy. Am I missing out on all the fun?

Edit: I play WoWs on 1 screen only - the second is for the forum, or even work...

For Rally games I use the 143 hz refresh and it makes the game immersion seem faster. For Wows the most my laptop can do is 100 fps so I think it seems a little smoother when I go back to 60 fps on the laptop screen it seems a little more jittery.

There are some advantages to the monitor for example better colors and I can change the black levels of colors.

I can also change the overclock speed of the refresh rate to make it more smoother. For example speed mode makes less ghosting and balance is good for better ghosting reduction depending on which refresh rate I am using.

It's also a space saver too since the stand is so small and my laptop sits next to the monitor so I get most of my desk.

Edited by MysticalWar

13 minutes ago, MysticalWar said:

I do that to sometimes just to swap to extend the life of the monitor and laptop screen so it lasts longer. But going from 15.6 to 24 inches always seems dramatic 

My Laptop has a 17 inch screen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My Laptop has a 17 inch screen.

Oh cool my laptop screen has huge big bezels on all sides and my monitor has nearly no bezel which makes it more sleeker and more screen space. 

• Like 1

I opted for a BenQ gaming monitor about 9 months ago and love it.  I have a BenQ professional photo monitor that is just outstanding, and getting a BenQ gaming monitor was an easy choice based on my experience with BenQ.

My gaming monitor is the BenQ EX3410R (ultra widescreen/3440x1440 resolution).  I find it just fantastic in so many ways and got it heavily discounted at the time of purchase.  The overall field of view is unbelievable in many games, especially WoWs, and the slight curve of the screen is something I've really come to appreciate.  There are a lot of nice features, the internal speakers (seldom used) are the best I've experienced in any monitor, and the screen colors are just outstanding.

Usually priced in the $450 neighborhood.  Picked mine up on sale for $299 - just like anything, wait and look for sales.

EX3410R 34" Ultrawide Curved Gaming Monitor MOBIUZ | BenQ US

BenQ Mobiuz EX3410R 34-Inch Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor Review: Maximum Curve, Color, and Speed | Tom's Hardware (tomshardware.com)

• Like 1

Mine is a GIGABYTE M27Q. I'm happy with it. BTW, how does your monitor test out on blurbusters? https://blurbusters.com/

Don't forget to make sure you have the correct connection cables. I wrote about it here

Make sure that Windows says you are at the 180hz refresh rate in the control panel for video setup.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

Mine is a GIGABYTE M27Q. I'm happy with it. BTW, how does your monitor test out on blurbusters? https://blurbusters.com/

Don't forget to make sure you have the correct connection cables. I wrote about it here

Make sure that Windows says you are at the 180hz refresh rate in the control panel for video setup.

image.thumb.jpeg.c2454954132ead212f20d939a2050330.jpeg

no dropped frames on blur busters

Edited by MysticalWar
  • Like 1

Have a Gigabyte M27Q. Massive upgrade from the laptop screen I was on before. 27in 1440p 170hz instead of like 17in 1080p 60hz. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mordt said:

Have a Gigabyte M27Q. Massive upgrade from the laptop screen I was on before. 27in 1440p 170hz instead of like 17in 1080p 60hz. 

Your monitor and stand look identical to mine which is cool 🙂 with me instead of KVM I have OSD display sidekick software which I use by plugging in a usb cord from my monitor to my laptop to control my monitor controls from windows.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 6:35 AM, MysticalWar said:

That is something my laptop can't do.

I hate to be the party of bad news (sorry I'm late to the delegation, health stuff). Laptops are not meant for gaming at all... I would never tell my best friend to get a laptop for "gaming" only by worst enemy.

Laptop monitors' are mainly used/purposed for more important matters like interior design. If you have to use a laptop for gaming.. Its my humble opinion its a fools en devour.

So its unfair to compare a desktop dedicated gaming monitor to a Laptop display.

3 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Aloha @Navalpride33 how are you and the family? Did you watch the super bowl good game?

The greatest  Super bowl of all time... You had your money's worth, full game PLUS overtime.. Ups and downs on both sides.

In the end... Special teams and injuries  is what seal the final outcome. If it wasnt for that... I know it would've went to double OT.  OR San Fran would've won.

Both teams played their hearts out and left their all in the field.

Hats off to the winners they really earned it because, the opponent made it made them sweat like sous chef at a 3 star Restaurant.

Everyone was beat up after that game both emotionally and physically.

As for me... I still have health issues Im battling with but other then that.. Im in good spirits.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The greatest  Super bowl of all time... You had your money's worth, full game PLUS overtime.. Ups and downs on both sides.

In the end... Special teams and injuries  is what seal the final outcome. If it wasnt for that... I know it would've went to double OT.  OR San Fran would've won.

Both teams played their hearts out and left their all in the field.

Hats off to the winners they really earned it because, the opponent made it made them sweat like sous chef at a 3 star Restaurant.

Everyone was beat up after that game both emotionally and physically.

As for me... I still have health issues Im battling with but other then that.. Im in good spirits.

Yes in the end it was the KC defense and special teams that gave KC a chance to win the game. KC defense was better inside the 10 yard line and won the game by holding 49ers to a FG twice. Hope your feeling better soon nice to see you again.