Commander skills reset only works once! - UPDATE - Apparently now fixed.

Verblonde

Flamu again:

image.png.062f60c6aae15014b04b953ccf924ea9.png

This will be relevant to NA folk right now, and EU et al from tomorrow.

Previous freebie resets have allowed you to reset individual commanders for free, for a period of time (although the 'reset all' button only worked once); it appears that the latest iteration allows you to 'reset all' and then after that you have to pay as normal.

For example, this is some random low-tier KM DD commander (on my NA account) where I assigned the first point only (after triggering 'reset all'), and then went to the 'reset' option in the commander page:

image.png.cc8576d66bcd4fcfff0ad0d66982a7bc.png

UPDATE: this is apparently now fixed (see comments further down the page).

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

I thought it worth flagging: previous resets have provided an opportunity to test 'different' captain builds, whereas this one doesn't.

If you're used to the previous methodology, this might trip up a few people.

• Like 2

I pushed the button to participate without knowing it resets every single commander on every single ship when all I wanted to do is reset my Napoli. So now I have to go through and redo all my captains.  I wouldn't have "participated" if I knew every single ship would be reset because I have over 400 ships, and some have had the same captain skills for years and I don't remember exactly how I had them set up. It's quite disheartening to be honest.

Edit: Just wanted to note that I am over feeling down about it. Just kinda shocked me when I went to do the skills after clicking the button that every one of my captains were reset.  And by the way... Napoli with 11km secondaries is a beast, even in Randoms. 😄 

Also... just wanted to explain, when I clicked on the button, thought that's what you had to do to get the resets like how you have to these days to get certain missions. The free resets weren't working at the time when I logged in. They got fixed later. So that is the main reason why I clicked the button to do the resets. It worked, but way too well, lol.

Edited by Colonel Potter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

I pushed the button to participate without knowing it resets every single commander on every single ship when all I wanted to do is reset my Napoli.

Aye, the messaging changed this time around; my recollection is that previous iterations made it a lot clearer that the relevant button reset all commanders.

Personally, I like the 'reset all' option (even though I have a ridiculous number of ships too, on EU anyway), but the previous approach was certainly more customer-friendly i.e. you could reset everything if you wanted to, or just individual commanders.

Edit: I just logged into my main EU account (to give my clan a heads-up, in case people hadn't seen this), and found that I still have a bunch of ships with commanders still reset from the last time WG messed with the commander skills! It's mostly low-tier stuff that I don't play much, but still...

Edited by Verblonde

Another item to put into your 'WG's Micommunication Moments' collection.  Please note that this collection does not have an end date or limited number of items in it, and so should provide entertainment for years to come!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Colonel Potter said:

I pushed the button to participate without knowing it resets every single commander on every single ship when all I wanted to do is reset my Napoli. So now I have to go through and redo all my captains.  I wouldn't have "participated" if I knew every single ship would be reset because I have over 400 ships, and some have had the same captain skills for years and I don't remember exactly how I had them set up. It's quite disheartening to be honest.

I sympathize with the "time suck" sentiment.

Hmmm… today’s NA stream will be interesting.

WG was also going to apparently revamp the in-game “recommendations,” many of which were pretty terrible. I wonder if the new ones will be better.

I don’t see this ending well, and I am continually amazed by this company’s ability to repeatedly shoot itself in the foot.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Wait.. Do you mean, if I click on this:

image.png.4bf09a5e14cc644de7f2a10f738bde8b.png

it'll reset all my Commander skills for all ships?

I mean, I don't get to choose ships I want to reset?

Surely, that cannot be?

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
Edited to add Surely bait... :D
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Surely, that cannot be?

That's exactly what it is. I already did it D4250899-7637-4DB1-9393-24C11B63FACC.gif. I'm soo frakkin mad I see red now...

Edited by Andrewbassg

3 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Wait.. Do you mean, if I click on this:

Well, at least that's how it worked in the past, push the button and you reset "ALL" of your commanders, i don't have as many ships as many of the other forum members here, but i remember quite well, how much time it took me to respec all my commanders, so be sure you really want to invest that much time, before you push the button.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

this might trip up a few people

Might?...... I'm soo livid Im gonna make the stream chat VERY interesting....

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yup!

The crucial difference this time is that the ability to reset individual captains appears to have gone (on NA anyway; presumably, EU will be the same on the morrow).

Edit: to reiterate - previous versions also allowed you to reset individual captains multiple times (for a limited period of time); that has also gone. So, don't set a captain for some weird experimental build unless you want them to stay that way (or you don't mind paying to reset them afterwards).

Edited by Verblonde
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ahskance over at the WOWS Discord has admitted there is a problem with their implementation. 

I suspect there was another element at play on the part of WG.

• Thanks 2

FYI, from Reddit:

DA4C1DDB-9D5A-4979-86C8-937B944AADD8.thumb.jpeg.085f59039e8d80d961a6654e1a3228c3.jpeg

Looks like this is a case of poor quality control. At least the fix was prompt.

Edit: Ninja’d

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3

Welp, guess I won't touch my captains till they fix it.

Usually I do the manual resets on captains I'm interested in changing during the event, and then right at the end I reset them all with the button.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

Confirm that NA appears to be fixed; here's my hapless DD commander from the earlier example, as of a few moments ago:

image.png.334b6e2ee4096c44c3265bdcb68a3ead.png

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

According to Ahskance it is fixed:

image.png.13e56e309e41ae14c0fc87430d71b4a6.png

What does "The button has been updated with additional functionality" mean?

Is the number of resets unlimited?

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Confirm that NA appears to be fixed; here's my hapless DD commander from the earlier example, as of a few moments ago:

image.png.334b6e2ee4096c44c3265bdcb68a3ead.png

yep.

BTW IT WORKS ONLY FOR DUBS!!!

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1

• Verblonde changed the title to Commander skills reset only works once! - UPDATE - Apparently now fixed.

Whew!

but wait, I still don't get it. The button is still for all Commanders, and there's no way to reset just the 3 or 4 that I want?

• Like 1