BOBTHEBALL's Helping Center

BOBTHEBALL

Hello all! I'm BOBTHEBALL. You can call me BOB for short. I'm an above-average player who knows what he's doing and has quite a bit of knowledge of the game. Specializing on the Asia server but also can easily play on EU and NA. I'm here to help everyone! If you have any questions, please ask. I'm here to help. No matter how dumb or stupid the question may seem, feel free to ask it here. I am always here to help. 

I also am graced by the best of helpers. Some very good friends and clan-mates:
@RX160S_Byarlant_Custom
@qw1
@disa_destroyer
@GMMF

If you have questions and see I'm not around, don't worry; they're there to help you. They're just as good, if not better, at answering your questions than me.

I hope we can make this a successful and thriving thing for the forums, and I am very excited to see where this ends up!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

• BOBTHEBALL changed the title to BOBTHEBALL's Helping Center
45 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Hello all! I'm BOBTHEBALL. You can call me BOB for short. I'm an above-average player who knows what he's doing and has quite a bit of knowledge of the game. Specializing on the Asia server but also can easily play on EU and NA. I'm here to help everyone! If you have any questions, please ask. I'm here to help. No matter how dumb or stupid the question may seem, feel free to ask it here. I am always here to help. 

I also am graced by the best of helpers. Some very good friends and clan-mates:
@RX160S_Byarlant_Custom
@qw1
@disa_destroyer
@GMMF

If you have questions and see I'm not around, don't worry; they're there to help you. They're just as good, if not better, at answering your questions than me.

I hope we can make this a successful and thriving thing for the forums, and I am very excited to see where this ends up!

Hello, and thanks for being here.

Yesterday, during @Ensign Cthulhu's Twitch stream, he was sailing the Ashitaka and she was sporting the Makoto Kobayashi - Ashitaka camouflage.

I was wondering about the meaning of the Kanji written on the camouflage.
Are you willing to help with the translation from Kanji to English, please?  🙂 

On the off-chance you're willing, I've enclosed some references.

World of Warships - Ashitaka Makoto Kobayashi

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you for your time.  🙂 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I was wondering about the meaning of the Kanji written on the camouflage.
Are you willing to help with the translation from Kanji to English, please?  🙂 

I would be willing if I spoke Japanese but well, I don't so I have absolutely no idea what it says.

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I would be willing if I spoke Japanese but well, I don't so I have absolutely no idea what it says.

Thanks for writing-back.  Seems you're in the same "boat" I am, for this situation. 
Oh well.  Didn't hurt to ask.  🙂 
Perhaps someone else will swoop-in to "save the day"?  🙂 

Come to think of it, the translation of the characters would have been an excellent addition by the Wargaming art department.  Now you have me wondering exactly what it says.  I know a couple of members here can read Japanese, so hopefully, they will jump in and give us an idea.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, ole_seabee said:

Hi Bob i read your posts on discord. But I'm glad you're here i prefer this format.

Hello! Happy to see someone who already knows what I have to say. 😎

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bob,

I'm sizing up an idea to make a small app that creates a file folder structure where the file folders are the names of ships (or whatever).  So, I'm trying to find that list of ships that was posted on this website, somewhere.  Can you point me to it?

5 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Can you point me to it?

Is this what you are referring to?

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Is this what you are referring to?

Yeah, I believe it is!  Thanks.

On 11/5/2023 at 10:38 AM, Justin_Simpleton said:

Yeah, I believe it is!  Thanks.

While I won't be covering ship lines for now I might in the future, a bit busy atm. 

• 2 weeks later...

Using ASW with Alsace.  The ship has two attack flights and the cooldown is 30 sec.  I launch one flight and two seconds later I launch the second.  After 30 secs, I have one flight available and the other has >20 secs before the cooldown is over.  It seems I have 2 attack flights available once then it's one.  I could find nothing in the wiki about this cooldown period.  What's up?

8 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Using ASW with Alsace.  The ship has two attack flights and the cooldown is 30 sec.  I launch one flight and two seconds later I launch the second.  After 30 secs, I have one flight available and the other has >20 secs before the cooldown is over.  It seems I have 2 attack flights available once then it's one.  I could find nothing in the wiki about this cooldown period.  What's up?

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Anti-Submarine_Warfare_(ASW)#Depth_Charge_Airstrikes

With the development of aviation, it became clear that aircraft made not only a great vehicle for traveling large distances, but also for scouting and attacking enemies. Patrol aviation became necessary to defend a country’s coastlines and shipping, as well as attack enemy submarines. Flying boats became the prime means of conducting these tasks, due to their ability to land and takeoff at sea, the vast amount of bodies of water, and low engine reliability of early aircraft. Equipped with searchlights, radar, and depth charges, they became a major threat to submarines throughout the course of World War II.

Found on all Tier V+ battleships, all Tier VI+ aircraft carriers, and some Tier V+ cruisers, Depth Charge Airstrikes (aka ASW airstrikes) are the other, arguably superior anti-submarine weapon in the game. They operate similarly to airstrikes on Dutch cruisers, where after a delay, they arrive at the designated area to drop their payload, but cannot spot ships or deal damage to other classes. Like shipborne depth charges, they have a low fire chance, but all depth charges from airstrikes have a 100% chance of causing flooding[5], as well as an increased chance of incapacitating a submarine’s sonar. Depth Charge Airstrikes on cruisers and battleships have a 30 second reload, with a 375 meter explosion radius (300 meters in the case of Ägir, Mengchong and Siegfried). Depth Charge Airstrikes found on aircraft carriers have a 25 second reload with almost double the explosion radius, at 600 meters. In addition, the Depth Charge Airstrike on aircraft carriers is automatically controlled, activating when a submarine is detected, leaking fuel or emitting pings within the airstrike’s range. The full characteristics of Depth Charge Airstrikes are listed below:

"... Depth Charge Airstrikes on cruisers and battleships have a 30 second reload, ..."

If one uses the link (provided above) it will lead to the quoted material, and a chart listing ship types and tiers and their capabilities with Depth Charge Airstrikes.

Does that help answer the question?  Or is there something more specific?

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Anti-Submarine_Warfare_(ASW)#Depth_Charge_Airstrikes

With the development of aviation, it became clear that aircraft made not only a great vehicle for traveling large distances, but also for scouting and attacking enemies. Patrol aviation became necessary to defend a country’s coastlines and shipping, as well as attack enemy submarines. Flying boats became the prime means of conducting these tasks, due to their ability to land and takeoff at sea, the vast amount of bodies of water, and low engine reliability of early aircraft. Equipped with searchlights, radar, and depth charges, they became a major threat to submarines throughout the course of World War II.

Found on all Tier V+ battleships, all Tier VI+ aircraft carriers, and some Tier V+ cruisers, Depth Charge Airstrikes (aka ASW airstrikes) are the other, arguably superior anti-submarine weapon in the game. They operate similarly to airstrikes on Dutch cruisers, where after a delay, they arrive at the designated area to drop their payload, but cannot spot ships or deal damage to other classes. Like shipborne depth charges, they have a low fire chance, but all depth charges from airstrikes have a 100% chance of causing flooding[5], as well as an increased chance of incapacitating a submarine’s sonar. Depth Charge Airstrikes on cruisers and battleships have a 30 second reload, with a 375 meter explosion radius (300 meters in the case of Ägir, Mengchong and Siegfried). Depth Charge Airstrikes found on aircraft carriers have a 25 second reload with almost double the explosion radius, at 600 meters. In addition, the Depth Charge Airstrike on aircraft carriers is automatically controlled, activating when a submarine is detected, leaking fuel or emitting pings within the airstrike’s range. The full characteristics of Depth Charge Airstrikes are listed below:

Expand  

"... Depth Charge Airstrikes on cruisers and battleships have a 30 second reload, ..."

If one uses the link (provided above) it will lead to the quoted material, and a chart listing ship types and tiers and their capabilities with Depth Charge Airstrikes.

Does that help answer the question?  Or is there something more specific?

This reference to the information in wiki does not explain why only one attack flight is available after the 30 sec. reload.

33 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

This reference to the information in wiki does not explain why only one attack flight is available after the 30 sec. reload.

I'm guessing they're reloading or on cool-down consecutively instead of concurrently?

Example:
Strike 1 launches and begins a reload/cooldown cycle.
Strike 2 launches and begins to reload after strike 1 is finished reloading.

53 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm guessing they're reloading or on cool-down consecutively instead of concurrently?

Example:
Strike 1 launches and begins a reload/cooldown cycle.
Strike 2 launches and begins to reload after strike 1 is finished reloading.

That appears to be what is happening.  I've been messing up waiting for the second squadron to come off reload while holding my aim (and turning the main guns away from my immediate threat).

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Sorry I haven't been around to help much, but yeah they reload on cool-down.

The important thing to know is they reload sequentially not simultaneously like torpedoes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

wrong post

Edited by Aethervox

5 minutes ago, Aethervox said:

I need help with the Gneisenau for Cpt skill builds. I have 14 pts, 10 assigned which are PM, GtG, BoS & FPE. What should be next?

I'm a traditionalist as I took PM & BoS which are not recommended skills according to Wedgie. I think they are worth it.

Can the Gneisenau forgo the 4 pt secondary battery skill? Can it ignore secondaries? Should it use the 3pt secondary skill? Will CE work for it?

My current Gneisenau Captain Build  (10 points utilized out of 13 available)

Preventive Maintenance
Grease the Gears
Long-Range Secondary Battery Shells
Fire Prevention

Equipment
Main Armaments Modification 1
Damage Control System Modification 1
Secondary Battery Modification 1
Steering Gears Modification 1

Consumables
Damage Control Party
Repair Party (4 charges)
Fighter plane consumable (3 charges)

Signal-Flags
Currently, Sierra Mike flag for +5% top-speed.

I offer this for comparision's sake.  

• Thanks 1