Is there a reason to Div up for Co-op once in the game?

Arcus_Aesopi

I don't get it.   Perhaps I just don't know a reason for it. 

Makes sense if you want to play with a buddy before you queue, but there's no achieves or extra rewards for joining within a Co-op that I know.

Let me know if I'm wrong and missing out on something 🙂

Thanks!

Edited by Arcusaesopi
Speltin suks
  • Like 1

I've run co-op divisions with a couple of clan mates to earn division stars. It's easy to do, and the rewards for division stars are okay. I've also seen other clans run co-op divisions frequently (maybe they're breaking in new guys, or trying out tactics). Or, it could just be a couple of friends who enjoy playing together.  

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Makes sense if you want to play with a buddy before you queue, but there's no achieves or extra rewards for joining within a Co-op that I know.

Thanks!

Aside from the obvious of having fun with people you know or have met in-game?

Occasionally there are in-game incentives to play in a division.

Once in a while, I've encountered people during a Co-op battle who create a division and begin sending division invitations to everyone else at the beginning of the battle.
My guess is that they were trying to participate (in those "in a division" criteria missions and incentives) by reaching out to strangers in the hope of getting favorable responses.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My guess is that they were trying to participate (in those "in a division" criteria missions and incentives)

Yup...I forgot about that. Some missions require playing in a division. This can be accomplished quickly and easily in co-op.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldblackdog said:

I've run co-op divisions with a couple of clan mates to earn division stars. I

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

My guess is that they were trying to participate (in those "in a division" criteria missions and incentives) by reaching out to strangers in the hope of getting favorable responses.

1 hour ago, oldblackdog said:

Yup...I forgot about that. Some missions require playing in a division. This can be accomplished quickly and easily in co-op.

I've never paid attention to the division stuff since I'm almost always alone online... my guild's motto is "Always Sleeping..." and rarely do we get on at the same time... bunch of old codgers with varying schedules 🙂

Thanks for the head's up.. I'll pay attention to that as I assumed that those achieves were probably randoms only... nice that WG is more inclusive about co-op.

• Like 2

There are the divi stars (which you can only get one unless you go into Random for the other two), but there is also the simple reason of just "shooting the spit" while playing.  Another few reasons are, to help a friend complete the annoying spot damage mission, since they are feast/famine.  They take something like a CV or a fast ship while I sit in the back with a long range BB far enough behind a rock that I can get shells over without directly spotting the target.  Kaga/Musashi comb works in that one.  Aircraft kills are another, by one bringing a CV there is a guarantee to get that one done.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Thanks!

Division stars is one of them;  but, a real reason is Defended Ribbons and Spotting Damage.

If you work the entire cap as a Division, a single player can "clear most of the reasonable" event tasks in two matches !!!  If your division controls that cap, the DD of the Div can intentionally farm what comes in.   Spotting damage is even better because the DD lays smoke and your div mates sit in it in fast firing CL/CA's while you sit at the border of the cap spotting what they are shooting....!  Sometimes it takes three COOP matches and then, you trade positions and your mates do the same.

• Like 2