Oh what fun...

Arcus_Aesopi

So I was in a Halland and couldn't get a cap because.... 3 Klebers in my match...  only Klebers got kills... nobody got caps... everyone under 300 bxp (during naval battles with 2 star bonus on EuroDD) except the Klebers...  Game over in under 2 minutes...   4 DDs is bad enough but 3 of em Klebers! *sigh*

I usually only get this treatment in BBs...   At least I was IN the cap (8 seconds to go when it ended) while the poor Des Moines behind me didn't even get there...

That's not just RNG... it's poor design (and RNG is part of design).  Asymmetric co-op again please... at every level!

Hope your co-op naval battle goes better...  (How dare those darn Klebers do exactly what I was planning to do in the Halland... :)

/vent

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

So I was in a Halland and couldn't get a cap because.... 3 Klebers in my match...  only Klebers got kills... nobody got caps... everyone under 300 bxp (during naval battles with 2 star bonus on EuroDD) except the Klebers...  Game over in under 2 minutes...   4 DDs is bad enough but 3 of em Klebers! *sigh*

I usually only get this treatment in BBs...   At least I was IN the cap (8 seconds to go when it ended) while the poor Des Moines behind me didn't even get there...

That's not just RNG... it's poor design (and RNG is part of design).  Asymmetric co-op again please... at every level!

Hope your co-op naval battle goes better...  (How dare those darn Klebers do exactly what I was planning to do in the Halland... :)

/vent

It's designed that way to actually frustrate you into playing Randoms....  Sorry, it's that our host simply is so far behind what is 1st world quality, we get screwed....

It's not going to ever change.  It will get worse if the Random population starts to fail.

Sometimes MM gives you a raw deal.  You just play the game as best you can.  I've had similar drops, but fortunately, none of the destroyer captains knew how to maximize their advantages, which allowed me to have a decent game.

On 10/20/2023 at 7:08 PM, Asym said:

It's designed that way to actually frustrate you into playing Randoms....  Sorry, it's that our host simply is so far behind what is 1st world quality, we get screwed....

It's not going to ever change.  It will get worse if the Random population starts to fail.

Yeah, that's not going to work.  Randoms wait indefinitely for the queue, then wait til the last 5 minutes of the game to play... no, thank you! 

I have enough good games to keep playing... for now.

• Like 1