Some Players Simply can not create a Division !

Asym

Ok, calling all smart WoWs technical experts.

We division almost every night.  We have one player whom simply can not create a division.  We have to have some one else create the division, add him, and then, turn the leadership over to him....

The last patch ate his lunch.  He has uninstalled and then reinstalled the game.  Ran the validation routine and had no errors and, still can't create a division???

Anyone else see this happen?

I suspect a mod could be the cause. The same happened to my brother. He had to delete the mods from WoWS Modstation one at a time to find the culprit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2023 at 3:41 AM, Asym said:

Ok, calling all smart WoWs technical experts.

We division almost every night.  We have one player whom simply can not create a division.  We have to have some one else create the division, add him, and then, turn the leadership over to him....

The last patch ate his lunch.  He has uninstalled and then reinstalled the game.  Ran the validation routine and had no errors and, still can't create a division???

Anyone else see this happen?

If we are talking about something like the Modstation mods (I assume others work the same way), just installing the mods is not going to be enough to fix it. They need to be uninstalled, the game checked and repaired and additionally Gamecheck has to be run.

Gamecheck isn't usually required, only if the mods have corrupted some of the vanilla game files. Sometimes it's also good to run the 'install additional software' because this updates all the Microsoft related libraries etc.

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 3:43 PM, Admiral_Karasu said:

If we are talking about something like the Modstation mods (I assume others work the same way), just installing the mods is not going to be enough to fix it. They need to be uninstalled, the game checked and repaired and additionally Gamecheck has to be run.

Gamecheck isn't usually required, only if the mods have corrupted some of the vanilla game files. Sometimes it's also good to run the 'install additional software' because this updates all the Microsoft related libraries etc.

Yes, we have an Operations player that simply can't create a Division and has done everything possible......even, submitted two tickets and hasn't heard a word back in two weeks now....   We can't even see him as an active player (but, not 100% of us can't see him !)  something really weird is going on at the server/mod station/code level cause my game imploded yesterday when I wasn't even playing !  I logged off yesterday morning and everything was fine.  Tried to log back on at 1 PM and simply couldn't......

And, no one has any idea why?

Edited by Asym

2 hours ago, Asym said:

Yes, we have an Operations player that simply can't create a Division and has done everything possible......even, submitted two tickets and hasn't heard a word back in two weeks now....   We can't even see him as an active player (but, not 100% of us can't see him !)  something really weird is going on at the server/mod station/code level cause my game imploded yesterday when I wasn't even playing !  I logged off yesterday morning and everything was fine.  Tried to log back on at 1 PM and simply couldn't......

And, no one has any idea why?

Are you using mods? Those are probably the most common source of issues, malware might be another explanation. Hope you are making use of at least some kind of AV software, there are decent ones for free as well (unfortunately Bitdefender is no longer an option in this regard). Incidentally, I always find it hilarious that Malwarebytes always flags WoWS as malware.

• Thanks 1