What historical ships or ship designs would you like to see added to the game?

disa_destroyer

Anything goes, as long as it is reasonable to believe it will be added. Give the tonnage and weight of shells/rockets/bombs, plus mass of explosive charges in the HE/SAP ammunition and torpedoes used or intended for use. (or you can just mention the gun/hull/torpedoes/bombs/rockets if it is used already in game). And give me a link to the design.

• Thanks 1

chatea10.pngchatea15.png

French cruis- I mean, destroyer, Chateaurenault (D606).

Formerly Attilio Regolo of the Regia Marina, ceded to France for war reparations. There they were refitted in 1951 and re-entered service in 1954. Instead of the 4x2 135mm that the Capitani Romani-class originally had, they were refitted with 3x2 105mm/65 SK C/37 guns (the same ones found on Bismarck/Scharnhorst, and Z-42 in game) in an AXY arrangement. The AA suite was replaced with 5x2 57mm/60 MLE 51s, the same model as the ones on high-tier French ships (most notably Jean Bart, which had them irl). The torpedoes concentrated near the bow were 4 racks of triple 550mm tubes. A later refit removed the Y turret and 2 torpedo tubes for improved radar capability, as shown in the bottom image. 

Compared to Regolo her speed would be lower (around 39kn), and have lower DPM. I personally want it to be a classic French destroyer with some German characteristics mixed in like a 6km hydro and HE pen/AP alpha retained on the guns, like a weird Marceau sidegrade? I'd really like to see it in the game though because it's a bit of an odd duck.

• Like 2

8 years in and still waiting for Commonwealth tech trees. Before all the haters jump on the band wagon stating they're just reskinned Brits, just look at the Pan Asian and Pan Am lines. Premiums could be Ontario or Quebec Cruisers and cv could be the Bonaventure our last carrier.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Ships I would like to see added:

X New Jersey (as @Wulf_Ace suggested, but also with secondaries)

XI Forrestall (Supership for Essex line), X I-401, X Shinano, VIII Akagi, VII Dorsetshire, VI Arkhangelsk, VI Houston, VI Nevada (refit), VI Oyodo (Hybrid), VI Royal Oak, VI Wasp

• Like 2

USS Houston

R class BBs

SMS Blucher (WW1)

SMS Scharnhorst (WW1)

Too many others to list but it doesn't matter becuase not Tier 9+ so WG just ignores

He he 

Lots of US fans:

So I be a little different

Though I want 1 US ship Lexington with 7 funnels and 10-14 inch guns fragile BC at Tier 7.

Swedish ships:

Tre Kronor (ofc) original version Göta Lejon after modernisation, new bridge in British style etc

Ansaldo Pansarskepp design 6-28 cm (3x2) A-X-Y config. Modified speed to say 27-28 kts T7 cruiser.

Gotland - hybrid cruiser T5, fantasy planes to make it work

Dutch DDs tech tree line.

RU ship:

Torp battleship,

Alexander III so that Mikasa can get an opponent T2

Greek:

BB Salamis

Early Italian design for Russian navy 6x3 12 inch turrets (See Mc Laughlin)

IJN Plenty of designs from Hiragas Archives:

If you have like me the Japanese book of the Hachi-Hachi fleet there are plenty of interesting designs there with Amagi in a 6x2 version like Ise or 3x4Quads and many variants also of the 18 inch gunned ships that are different from those in the new branch. I bought the book despite that I do not understand anything but lots of designs and plans.

This is the book:

https://www.hlj.com/battleships-and-battle-cruisers-of-hachi-hachi-fleet-kjs81504

I guess that he might have been prolific on cruisers too but I have not any books on those subjects, there are not that many scetches in Lacroix bible.

RN Endless almost. Gloruius as designed with 4-15 and Furios w 2-18 and as completed hybrid with 1-18 because why not.

No subs!

• Like 2

HMS Cavalier is the first that comes to mind, plus HMS Plonker (even if she'd probably just be a re-done HMS Nelson)...

• Like 2

And, I'd love to see these as well....   With their surface radar !

image.thumb.jpeg.3e9fc84f7a0bc92153dbac5dba140500.jpeg

2x2 M2 50 cal Browning MG's.

2 - 20mm Oerlikon cannon (shooting API)

1 - 37mm M4 Autocannon (the same cannon on the P-39 Aircobra) (shooting API)

1 - 40mm Bofor cannon (shooting HE or Proximity)

2 - Mark 50 rocket launchers (16 HE rockets and 1 reload.)

6 - Depth charges

4 - Mark 8, 21 inch Torpodoes  in game range of 6K  - no reloads

Speed in game, 60 kts  (speed boost (2 minutes) available to purchase - 70 Kts)

Smoke is a full speed coverage for 20 seconds

8k Surface radar

Detect at 1/2 speed 3 Km and at full speed 5 KM.

Now, let's talk about how "Dazzle" works with a PT boat !!!

2 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • Prince of Wales

I dearly hope the version they field is the later version of her sister ships that had AA worth a crap.... 

Some British emergency program destroyers, like the V/Z/C class, might sound a bit boring due to them all being standardly equipped with 4 main guns/8 torpedo tubes, but they do play a role in the war and there's hundreds of them being built, could be nice if one or two is in the mid-tier. 

As well as the French Le Hardi class DD since the in-game tech tree opted for the large destroyer option of Fantasque and Mogador class, the squadron destroyers, i.e. Le Hardi class is untouched, Zf is equipped with German armament and flying the German flag so would be nice if there's a French counterpart.
C-class destroyer (1943) - Wikipedia
Le Hardi-class destroyer - Wikipedia

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

8 years in and still waiting for Commonwealth tech trees. Before all the haters jump on the band wagon stating they're just reskinned Brits, just look at the Pan Asian and Pan Am lines. Premiums could be Ontario or Quebec Cruisers and cv could be the Bonaventure our last carrier.

As a Kiwi, HMNZS Achillies.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Paladin1954 said:

Im currently working on a tech tree line of Commonwealth carriers.

Thinking...

Tier 6: HMCS Puncher

Tier 8: HMAS Vengeance

Tier 10: HMAS Sydney

Tier 11: HMCS Buonoventure

Support CV line which focuses on ASW and fighter defense.

Tier 10 and 11 to have ASW Helicopter consumables like dutch airstrikes that provide full spotting of subs within range for a period of time.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Im currently working on a tech tree line of Commonwealth carriers.

Thinking...

Tier 6: HMCS Puncher

Tier 8: HMAS Vengeance

Tier 10: HMAS Sydney

Tier 11: HMCS Buonoventure

Support CV line which focuses on ASW and fighter defense.

Tier 10 and 11 to have ASW Helicopter consumables like dutch airstrikes that provide full spotting of subs within range for a period of time.

Why not the D39 HMAS Hobart.  1968 through 1970's coastal gunfire support in Viet Nam.

Or, WW2 version

image.png.070a2f3e1851efb6b83d9a40cfeb0d0c.png

A long life of combat operations.

RN Carriers. Argus / Eagle / Formidable / Victorious (jet age), or perhaps a support line - Argus / Unicorn / Triumph / Albion

All the other missing real-world carriers from WW2 - Wasp, Saratoga (with 8 inch battery), Independence, Hiryu, Soryu, Zuikaku, Zuiho, Taiho, Unryu, Shinano, Avenger, Bogue

Notable real-world German ships - Blucher (either of them), Scharnhorst Mk I, variations on the Panzerschiff, Wiesbaden, Emden II, the Narvik destroyers (1934A/1936 class)

Speedy cruiser / Minelayers - Adventure, Manxman, Brummer

Commonwealth Destroyers and Cruisers

Pan-American Destroyers - the last of the gunslinger DDs

Pan American Battleships - I can't be the only one to think Atlantico and Agincourt are fun, surely? 

Dutch DDs (laden with aircraft, Tromp style)

A Mediterranean Fleet of Greek, Turkish, Spanish, Yugoslav Destroyers

A Northampton Class cruiser as built, with torpedo tubes

Georgios Averof

Krasny Kavkaz

HMS Cavalier and HMS Skate 

26 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

RN Carriers. Argus / Eagle / Formidable / Victorious (jet age), or perhaps a support line - Argus / Unicorn / Triumph / Albion

We have HMS Eagle (R05) in game now. Its the Audacious class one. Or, did you mean the older HMS Eagle (94) that was a CV that was a converted Chilean BB hull that was sunk in WW2 by a German Sub?

26 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

All the other missing real-world carriers from WW2 - Wasp, Saratoga (with 8 inch battery), Independence, Hiryu, Soryu, Zuikaku, Zuiho, Taiho, Unryu, Shinano, Avenger, Bogue

Upcoming US CV line split will have Independence returning as the T6 on the support side (Yorktown at T8 and Essex at T10). Bogue is the odd man out and unless it is made a T6 Premium (could be a US Bearn type) there is no room for it barring another line split. There has been no word I have seen from WG on Bogue coming back?

When the IJN CV line splits Zuiho returns at T6, Hiryu returns at T8, and Taiho returns at T10 on the support side. 

I would like to see Wasp added.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Italian armored cruiser San Giorgio

RN_San_Giorgio.jpg&key=40e320a1b6a3a91b8

Spoiler

Displacement    10,167 t (10,006 long tons)
Speed    23 knots (43 km/h; 26 mph)
Armament As of May 1940 after refits:
                                    2 twin 254 mm (10.0 in)/45 guns
                                    4 twin 190 mm (7.5 in)/45 guns
                                    4 x 2 100 mm (4 in) / 47 caliber dual purpose guns
                                    1 x 1 100 mm (4 in) / 47 caliber dual purpose gun on the forecastle
                                    6 x 1 Breda 37 mm (1.5 in) AA guns
                                    6 x 2 Breda Model 35 20 mm (0.79 in) AA guns
                                    7 x 2 Breda Model 31 13.2 mm (0.52 in) AA machine guns
Armour    
The ships was protected by an armoured belt of 200 mm (7.9 in) thick amidships and reduced to 80 mm (3.1 in) at the bow and stern. The armoured deck was 50 mm (2.0 in) thick and the conning tower armour was 254 mm thick. The 254 mm gun turrets were protected by 200 mm of armour while the 190 mm turrets had 160 mm (6.3 in).

french AA / secondary abomination

The French battleship Jean Bart was incomplete when she was captured by the Germans. she sat in the harbor of Casablanca until the US Army landed there in late 1942.

The Allied French army wanted to take her to the US and complete her using US equipment. one of the  proposals to refit the ship was to convert the ship into an “AA battleship”.

main-qimg-9a2aa15ae76512640e41b1a3a59897

Spoiler

Main Armament of four 380mm guns, 32 127mm dual-purpose guns in 16 twin turrets, 52 40mm AA guns in quad mounts, and a ton of single 20mm AA guns.

planes and yolo DDs

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Otago_F111 said:

As a Kiwi, HMNZS Achillies.

Absolutely. Its about time us Kiwis have representation in game

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • Prince of Wales

3 hours ago, Asym said:

I dearly hope the version they field is the later version of her sister ships that had AA worth a crap.... 

The only issue I see is that the AA will likely be crap as it was the tropical weather that rendered her AA ineffective.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

The only issue I see is that the AA will likely be crap as it was the tropical weather that rendered her AA ineffective.

Could give her a boosted DFAA to shred planes instead of strong AA.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, disa_destroyer said:

Could give her a boosted DFAA to shred planes instead of strong AA.

they could, but I have doubts.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Asym said:

If we get another KGV-class, it will likely be Anson or Howe at tier VIII. We already have two ships of the class at tier VII and PoW’s loss in 1941 makes placing her at a higher tier unlikely.

It’s a bit odd that after all this time we still only have one tier VIII British BB premium (Vanguard). One of the later KGVs or the preliminary 12-gun design would be a good fit for the tier, as would be Rodney.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2