WargamingUnited: A Charitable Initiative by Wargaming

Wolfswetpaws

Partial quote from the page.

ROLL OUT FOR UKRAINE

Over the past year and a half,  has been contributing donations to help Ukrainian civilians, including 1 million USD donated for medical assistance and equipment during the first week of war and 100,000 USD donated to the victims of the Kakhovka disaster. Hundreds of our employees have been making donations through their own initiatives, including launching an internal fundraising campaign and raising 200,000 Euros to purchase ambulance cars for Ukrainian medics. Now, we're inviting you to join us in support of those who have been affected by the war: we're launching our biggest charity project yet—WargamingUnited.

PURCHASE SPECIAL BUNDLES AND SUPPORT THE PEOPLE OF UKRAINE

Starting today, we're inviting our community across six of our games—World of Warships, World of Warships: Legends, World of Tanks, World of Tanks Blitz, World of Tanks Modern Armor, and World of Warplanes—to unite around this global initiative. Each game will be featuring special Ukraine-themed bundles with customization elements crafted by the artists at our Kyiv studio. With these time-limited offers, you can both show your support and receive valuable in-game content.

We'll donate 100% of proceeds* from sales of each "WargamingUnited" bundle via UNITED24, the official fundraising platform of Ukraine, for buying C-Type ambulances that will take on the duty to save lives.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/wargamingunited/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bored 2

Incidentally, for thems as plays more than one WG title: the equivalent offers for WOT Blitz and full-fat WOT are - IMO - arguably better than those for WOWS.

(I've nabbed a WOT Blitz one, for example.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Partial quote from the page.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/wargamingunited/

Oh boy....  Talk about a "what the, what the, who???"    Part of my brain is screaming that we already are supporting half of that conflict just by having this game loaded on our computers and we just happen to have a "Russian Server;" and now, they want us to "donate" to the other side as well.....

Gosh, to quote a great old SITCOM:  "I'm so confused !" 

Edited by Asym
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Asym said:

Oh boy....  Talk about a "what the, what the, who???"    Part of my brain is screaming that we already are supporting half of that conflict just by having this game loaded on our computers and we just happen to have a "Russian Server;" and now, they want us to "donate" to the other side as well.....

Wargaming dropped Russia and moved the game design studio. The old studio became a separate company still in Russia that only runs the former Russian server. 

I have heard that since Tanks still has Russian players that any Russian citizen caught buying bundles via tanks will be charged with treason.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Asym said:

WG no longer handles the Russian server; Lesta does.

Because WG pulled out of Belarus due to Lukashenko being Putins puppet and provided assistance to the war, one of WGs VPs was charged with supporting terrorism.

Anyways, bought the bundle since it helps Ukraine. Slava Ukraini!

• Like 3

I feel like WOWS is sort of lacking here - while WT and WOWP are selling new vehicles WOWS is just selling useless visual stuff packaged together. Don't get me wrong I like the idea and initiative but I think that WOWS could do a bit more... 

Edited by Elijah2159
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Asym said:

Essentially, I considered this topic to be "Game news", so I shared it.  
Participation is optional.
That said, if folks do their due diligence and ascertain there's no harm and that they have spare money they're looking for a way to spend, then this may be worth consideration.

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised.  

Though, to be fair, this isn't the first WG/WOWs charity event.  There have been several others in the past.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Essentially, I considered this topic to be "Game news", so I shared it.  
Participation is optional.
That said, if folks do their due diligence and ascertain there's no harm and that they have spare money they're looking for a way to spend, then this may be worth consideration.

Personally, I'm pleasantly surprised.  

Though, to be fair, this isn't the first WG/WOWs charity event.  There have been several others in the past.

I mean, it is an official thing Wargaming is doing for all their games, including WoWS, so I would say it counts as game news.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

After discussing this topic internally, we have decided to lock this thread to any further discussion.  Despite being "news" promoted by World of Warships/Wargaming as a "charitable initiative," some could also view this as a "political or divisive issue." 

Our guidelines state: "Inappropriate and sensitive topics -  Do not post about religion, sex, politics, or socially divisive issues," and we intend to adhere to those guidelines.  This in no way reflects our personal or your opinion on the topic discussed, but rather guidelines established by DevStrike.

The link to the original announcement will remain - how and to whom one donates, whatever the cause, is personal.

• Thanks 2

• HogHammer locked this topic