Carolina Reaper pepper dethroned

Slammer58

'Pepper X,' is three times as spicy as a Carolina Reaper.  🥵  I'll stick with jalapeños. 

proxy.php?request=http%3A%2F%2Fa57.foxnews.com%2Fstatic.foxnews.com%2Ffoxnews.com%2Fcontent%2Fuploads%2F2023%2F10%2F1862%2F1046%2FAP23285505309991.jpg%3Fve%3D1%26amp%3Btl%3D1&hash=80f84df0b2eebb0295af94affd80a38f2a85d66b

The Guinness World Record for "hottest chili pepper" has been awarded to Pepper X, which clocks in 2,693,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU), the publication announced in a press release on Monday, October 16.

Pepper X is a specially crossbred pepper created by Ed Currie, the owner of Puckerbutt Pepper Company in South Carolina. His Carolina Reaper pepper previously held the world record for hottest chili pepper.

The Carolina Reaper came in at "only" an average 1,640,000 million SHU. As the Scoville scale is logarithmic, that means that Pepper X is about three times as spicy as the Carolina Reaper. 

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/new-guinness-world-record-spiciest-pepper-pepper-x-three-times-spicy-carolina-reaper

Edited by Slammer58
  • Thanks 2

I wish they would get the Dragon's Breath certified. It also passes the Reaper, although its developer still has it clocking 200k SHU less than Pepper X. Of course, I am not sure if the Dragon's Breath is even commercially available, given that it was developed as an anesthetic with medical applications and not as food. 

• Confused 1

Love Carolina Reaper, that stuff is awesome, have to give the new one a try, if i can get my hands on it. :classic_biggrin:

We need an American clone of the Smolensk with three ammunition types. HE and AP as normal, and then the F button loads a two-shot burst of "Pepper X" ammunition with a 95% fire chance and a 2-minute cooldown. 😈

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Puckerbutt Pepper Company? For real?

I've seen small bottles of hot sauce with a warning that it will make the user bleed from their anus.

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I've seen small bottles of hot sauce

Some things I'll just never understand. Add to category: self-flagellation.

15 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Puts me in mind of this stuff, it does what it says on the label.

1390843391_476c279cbd.jpg

*Scrumpy is a farm produced hard cider in England, usually around 8.5% ABV.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

That’s the last thing that’s going to happen if you have one of those peppers.