Dropping by to say hello!

ArIskandir

Hi guys,

Just heard about Rand and came by to pay my respects, I really loved the guy... so sad he is no longer around 😢

Anyway, seemed unpolite to not take the chance and say hello to all of you rascals! Hope you are doing fine!

As for myself, I pulled the plug on WoWS after the Forum closure and really haven't had any more contact with anything game related. I've had a a handful with RL stuff, very busy at work and having fun moments with my family. As for gaming I went back to my solo Off-line Shennanigans... already went through Jagged Alliance 3, Phoenix Point and currently having a blast on Gran Tactician: The Civil War. 

My best wishes for all of you guys and the awesome team that pulled Devstrike! ahead, I'm sure I'll be coming on here from time to time to hang with you guys and read the latest gossip!

Cheers

• Like 11
  • Thanks 8

46 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

Anyway, seemed unpolite to not take the chance and say hello to all of you rascals! Hope you are doing fine!

1D75112E-BF21-4AAF-BCBE-33DE12EB84A6.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

FIINAAALLY the bear come out from his hybernation!!! Glad to see about you and I'm hope that you will carry your furr.......hkhmmm.....skin  around a LOT more often!!.  

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

Just heard about Rand and came by to pay my respects, I really loved the guy... so sad he is no longer around 😢

As for myself, I pulled the plug on WoWS after the Forum closure and really haven't had any more contact with anything game related. I've had a a handful with RL stuff, very busy at work and having fun moments with my family. As for gaming I went back to my solo Off-line Shennanigans... already went through Jagged Alliance 3, Phoenix Point and currently having a blast on Gran Tactician: The Civil War. 

My best wishes for all of you guys and the awesome team that pulled Devstrike! ahead, I'm sure I'll be coming on here from time to time to hang with you guys and read the latest gossip!

Cheers

Glad to see your words and hear the news of your adventures.  🙂 
Best wishes for you, also.

image_2023-09-05_200611905.thumb.png.8102f2f649a2183368a7b1ad7a5f0101.png

• Thanks 1

Arlskandir,  Your thoughts, insights and sharing of your WOWS experience has been sadly missed .... . All the best.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

'Ey! So taking a long/perma break from WoWs then? I should probably do more of that to actually finish up my single player games, but I do play way less nowadays. Wondered if we'd see you after the old forums shut down.

See you again when you do come around!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Grasshopper I have missed you.  I am so happy to see all is well and that you are on the right path please keep in touch and remember .

The godfather don corleone a man who doesnt spend time with ...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Even with the plug pulled...you live on @ArIskandir

Yay thanks!. I'm glad if it helps people to enjoy the game!

16 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Good to see you, mate @ArIskandir. Do stop by again sometime. We haven't given up hope on snagging you...

Oh you can snag me mates, it is WoWS who has very slim chances of snagging me back 🙂 

16 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

FIINAAALLY the bear come out from his hybernation!!! Glad to see about you and I'm hope that you will carry your furr.......hkhmmm.....skin  around a LOT more often!!.  

Hey hey, look who got freed from the ban!!! What's up mate?  Hope all's fine overthere for you and your loved ones

15 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Glad to see your words and hear the news of your adventures.  🙂 
Best wishes for you, also.

Glad to hear about you Wolf, in a world of changes is comforting to know good people like you still endure and thrive! Best wishes mate!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Bumblegoose said:

Arlskandir,  Your thoughts, insights and sharing of your WOWS experience has been sadly missed .... . All the best.

Thanks for the kind words mate!. Wish you lots of fun!

17 hours ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

1D75112E-BF21-4AAF-BCBE-33DE12EB84A6.gif

Hello.gif | Trouble Free Pool

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, MnemonScarlet said:

'Ey! So taking a long/perma break from WoWs then? I should probably do more of that to actually finish up my single player games, but I do play way less nowadays. Wondered if we'd see you after the old forums shut down.

See you again when you do come around!

Yeah, knowing myself and as I see things, WoWS would need to offer a very different playing experience to get back my attention. At this point is more of a "Been there, done that" feeling than anything negative about the gameplay loop. Meanwhile on the outside gaming world there's a literal universe of new stuff waiting to be explored and discovered: Baldur's Gate 3 and Starfield are lining up, just waiting for a sale. 

Glad to know you are doing fine mate, see you around!

10 hours ago, clammboy said:

Grasshopper I have missed you.  I am so happy to see all is well and that you are on the right path please keep in touch and remember .

The godfather don corleone a man who doesnt spend time with ...

I've also missed you master Clam, I do fondly remember you, really. What's really important in life and what means to be a good man!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hope you are doing fine!

Yep. Best wishes to you! You know where to find us if you want to come back.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Thanks Squidhead, best wishes to you too. I'll be lurking around now that I finally signed up. See you around bud.

• Haha 1

Wow, kinda shocked you stopped playing. Hope life’s a little better either way. 

I wanted to ask a question to you, about the game, but I’ll refrain. 

22 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

I'll be lurking around now that I finally signed up

So it was written, thus it must be. Thou art Snagged. 🙂

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Good to see you again, my friend.  Please don't be a stranger.  We're still that same lovable bunch of reprobates as always, with a few additions and unfortunate subtractions.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Sorryyoucannotaddanymorereactionstoday_screenshot_08-16-2023_.thumb.jpg.4ee7e5225c7755f5837050c8d6a530d2.jpg
Hmmm..
Oh well.  Here's your thumb's up.  👍

25 minutes ago, That WoT Player said:

Wow, kinda shocked you stopped playing. Hope life’s a little better either way. 

I wanted to ask a question to you, about the game, but I’ll refrain. 

If it is something within my knowledge to answer I would gladly do, just consider it's been some months now and I'm not up-to-date with any recent changes. 

15 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Good to see you again, my friend.  Please don't be a stranger.  We're still that same loveable bunch of reprobates as always, with a few subtractions and additions.

Hey!!! quack to you too my palmiped friend, nice to see most of the old bunch around!

• Like 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, ArIskandir said:

Hi guys,

Cheers

Hope to see you around here more! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I'll be lurking around now that I finally signed up.

Please make sure you do Grasshopper I really did miss you. I was lost for a little while and the good folks who put together this web site deserve mucho comps for the great job they did. Even if you dont play I want to know how you and the family are doing. Sometimes you make a connection with someone and it's lasting I like hearing from you young grasshopper. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 6:29 PM, ArIskandir said:

When I took my hiatus (in retrospect, about six months or so) due to a combination of RL events and WOWS fatigue, I thought I might never come back.  Didn't burn any bridges.  Just mised a few days, then a week, then six months.

But as the RL events settled down and my fatigue wore off, I decided to give it a go again....and got hooked again. 

You put a LOT of effort in things surrounding this game.  Nothing wrong with coming back after your break just to play.  The extra stuff your provided was great.  But you don't have to come back at that level.  Once the fatigue wears off, nothing wrong with just jumping in a ship and having a go.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, SoshiSone said:

When I took my hiatus (in retrospect, about six months or so) due to a combination of RL events and WOWS fatigue, I thought I might never come back.  Didn't burn any bridges.  Just mised a few days, then a week, then six months.

But as the RL events settled down and my fatigue wore off, I decided to give it a go again....and got hooked again. 

You put a LOT of effort in things surrounding this game.  Nothing wrong with coming back after your break just to play.  The extra stuff your provided was great.  But you don't have to come back at that level.  Once the fatigue wears off, nothing wrong with just jumping in a ship and having a go.

Thanks for the kind words Soshi. 

I really don't have any negative feelings towards the game, not even a significant fatigue as I feel I still have many aspects I can still improve and perfect. But there's a feeling of "being there, done that"... I'm just not interested anymore at this point. Of course it can change at some point in the future if the game changes to offer something different, this isn't the first time I leave WoWS, I already left the game back in '17 and was away for 3 years... it took reworked CVs and Subs to get me back into the game. If WoWS in the future were to offer more interesting Game Modes, I would be coming back. 

Aggravating the issue, the market is choke full of cool, interesting games bearing the promise of new experiences... gotta try them! 🤪

I consider well invested my efforts in this game as I had a LOT of fun, some of it even outlasting the actual experience as is interacting with all the good, funny and interesting people I met here or even rewatching old WoWS videos! 

Keep having fun pal, cheers!

• Like 1