PSA: Spend your 8th Anniversary Festive Tokens TODAY (too late NA)

AdmiralThunder

I meant to do this yesterday but forgot as IRL intruded heavily on me. Sorry to NA players for my lapse.

If you are on EU at least (not sure when SEA gets the update? might be too late for you too and if so I apologize to you as well) you have today to use your 8th Anniversary Festive Tokens before they go away tomorrow when update 0.12.9 drops with NO COMPENSATION given! That is right, WG is not giving any compensation, in any form, for unused tokens.

spacer.png

It is unbelievable to me they are doing this as those tokens were EARNED! They should at least give a decent credit amount for unused ones and especially so as a lot of people have left over ones they can't spend as the cost for available items is too high to buy anything and there are no low cost ones to use up our "loose change" so to speak. I myself had 9 left with nothing I could buy with them so in effect 9 of my ships got no reward despite me knocking the flake off. It's unacceptable really.

EDIT to ^ - it isn't 9 ships wasted. Each ship gave a minimum 30 tokens so it isn't that 9 ships got me nothing, it's that I had 9 unusable tokens left. I was thinking more in terms of 1 flake 1 ship out of habit as it used to be. But the fact remains unused tokens getting absolutely nothing is wrong.

Frankly I find this pretty damn scummy of them. This was yet another nerf to the Anniversary that was kind of unnoticed (as they hoped for I am sure) by most people who don't read all the fine print in the news articles. In the past every ship earned a set reward for knocking the flake off so it was guaranteed you got something. Now, with these tokens, most will have some left over and get nothing for them and I feel for the poor folks who had a bunch and didn't realize the event was ending who get NOTHING; not even some credits.

Just when you think WG can't stoop any lower they do something that is in fact lower. Just disgusting.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Not that I agree with no compensation but how do you figure 9 of your ships got nothing. T5 ships gave 30 tokens so the loss is less than 1/3 of a T5.

WG still working hard at being perceived as a Scroogelike miser...

I only had five unused tokens...but credits would have been nice.

The funny thing will be their surprise when we mock them for being so stingy.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

21 minutes ago, Farmers_Only said:

Not that I agree with no compensation but how do you figure 9 of your ships got nothing. T5 ships gave 30 tokens so the loss is less than 1/3 of a T5.

Well 9 nothings = nothing right.

I had 9 tokens left that will get me nothing. You are right that it was a minimum 30 tokens p/ ship so yeah it isn't that 9 ships got me nothing. I was thinking more in terms of 1 flake 1 ship out of habit as it used to be. But the fact remains unused tokens getting absolutely nothing is wrong. 

In the past every flake knocked off every ship got something guaranteed. This event they went with tokens and didn't provide us a way to use ALL of our tokens by providing a 1 token item. They further compounded that bad decision by not giving the usual 15,000 +/- credits for each token left over when the event ends. 

So anyone who had left over tokens because they didn't have enough to buy something got sort of screwed. It just isn't right and for darn sure was intentional on their part. Obviously it wouldn't have been a lot of stuff missed out on here. It is just the whole concept and that they think that is ok. Typical WG.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

In the past every ship earned a set reward for knocking the flake off so it was guaranteed you got something. Now, with these tokens, most will have some left over and get nothing for them

In the past, players without Tier 10 ships were locked out from receiving Supercontainers. This year, things changed to allow them to have access to those. Maybe you should consider that being worth having a tiny bit of left-over small change you can't spend? Tearing your hair out and yelling at WG because SOME people couldn't find a way to spend every last token before it all wrapped up is not choosing the best hill to die on.

35 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

and didn't realize the event was ending

You're basically accusing them of being incapable of managing a deadline.

47 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I meant to do this yesterday but forgot

Your omission is not Wargaming's crime. 

• Like 1
  • Bored 3

Ty, needed that. Because for no real good reason I'm checking here instead of sleeping in the middle of night.

Realised I had some tokens unclaimed in the season pass too.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In the past, players without Tier 10 ships were locked out from receiving Supercontainers. This year, things changed to allow them to have access to those. Maybe you should consider that being worth having a tiny bit of left-over small change you can't spend? Tearing your hair out and yelling at WG because SOME people couldn't find a way to spend every last token before it all wrapped up is not choosing the best hill to die on.

Please just go away. OMG what is wrong with you?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Farmers_Only said:

There were boosters for 15 tokens a piece= 1/2 troy ship. It's how you spent them that dictated how much you got from them.

I combed through old news articles and it looks like WG broke with their precedent. This is the first time that temporary tokens expire the same update that one could earn them, without compensation. Previously you had either:

• Tokens carry over to the next update (most events)
  • Tokens expire on last day of update, but are automatically converted to some other resource (holiday event)

For instance, in last year's Christmas event, unused tokens were turned into the small Santa crates: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-01111-new-year/

• Thanks 1

Glad I looked at the "clock" beside them (there was another finishing as well) in the amoury which said "4 hours until end". 

spent all mine. 

The lack of compensation for "unused tokens" was the reason I didn't bother dusting off all of the available ships (used a bunch of extra rewards to dust them off and had a minimal amount of spare rewards (I think I had 3 unspent rewards.)

I guess it makes sense that all the "events" where you can buy and earn tokens stay up after they end so you can buy more and spend more. Whereas the one that you just earn tokens goes away as soon as you can no longer earn them. I forgot to spend my remaining ones because I caught a sudden case of too damn tired and went to bed rather than get on to spend them, my mistake , my loss, a minor annoyance at the end of the day.

Edited by Darlith

20 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It is unbelievable to me they are doing this as those tokens were EARNED!

Frankly I find this pretty damn scummy of them. This was yet another nerf to the Anniversary that was kind of unnoticed (as they hoped for I am sure) by most people who don't read all the fine print in the news articles.

Just when you think WG can't stoop any lower they do something that is in fact lower. Just disgusting.

Again, thanks for the heads up a few days ago.  I know, I am blocked but one has to be honest and thank those whom help !

19 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Look Mate, we all have "moments" when this is but a game and not real life.  If it weren't for @AdmiralThunder 's alert to spend what we earned, I would have "missed the boat" completely !!!

Please, it maybe simple for you and reminding me and everyone else is "priceless and altruistic" and greatly appreciated. 

Trying to make any of us sound stupid simply is wrong.....  Please, stop.....ok?

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Trying to stop venting by throwing around ad hominem attacks?

He has a valid complaint and you decide to attack him for it?

Respect for the audacity of your negativity...

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This was in Discord on Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.2edeca591ecc8616069bd79b91b399d9.png 

Discord is essentially a twitch stream...with such horrific moderation that many people actively avoid it.

Claiming this is sufficient notice or reminder is laughable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Respect for the audacity of your negativity...

Discord is essentially a twitch stream...with such horrific moderation that many people actively avoid it.

Claiming this is sufficient notice or reminder is laughable.

I don't even understand the reasoning for his attack on me? I know what his motivation is but the reasoning used escapes me.

• I was done weeks ago with the flakes and claimed all I could. I posted my haul results and he knows it. I missed nothing personally that was possible for me to claim. So I wasn't complaining that I missed some deadline WG didn't make clear. My complaint was that we couldn't use all the tokens to buy stuff and got nothing for unused tokens but that is not what I am taken to task for.
  • My post was a PSA trying to HELP OTHERS by pointing out that the deadline was here to use them while you can as there is no compensation for unused tokens. How is that bad? I play the game daily and follow all articles and such but being disabled I have the time to do so. People with demanding jobs, family obligations, and just the average casual player may not have known about the deadline so was trying to help folks like that. Boy, how dare I right?
  • The whole your omission is not WG's crime thing? WHAT THE ACTUAL BLEEP is that? What did I omit and then blame WG for? If he meant my apology for not doing it the day before, which meant it was too late for NA players, where did I blame WG for that? I took the blame for forgetting to do it when I had intended to and felt bad for failing to post the PSA in time to remind NA players. Boy what a horrible person I am.

I just don't get that one and never will. Ignore is a great feature of forums and I take full advantage of it to ignore those deserving of it. But, sometimes, you are informed of something said and you have to respond.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

In the past, players without Tier 10 ships were locked out from receiving Supercontainers. This year, things changed to allow them to have access to those.

That is true. No one is disputing that.

22 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Maybe you should consider that being worth having a tiny bit of left-over small change you can't spend?

But that one is grossly impertinent to the topic of the OP.

Next time you stay on topic instead of attacking posts with impertinent comments. The more you try to defend Wargaming, the more impertinent and irrelevant your comments become.

And this is not the first and only time you were easily lost in your comments. The most recent one I can remember is in this post of yours, where you twisted my comments and that of another forum member. In this post, I have to remind you that the issue was the missions could have been made in such a way that it could have been as inclusive of all modes as much as possible, just to steer the topic to back on track.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hurt people hurt people.

13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't even understand the reasoning for his attack on me? I know what his motivation is but the reasoning used escapes me.

I believe there was no reasoning at all. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/12/2023 at 8:48 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This was in Discord on Tuesday:

image.thumb.png.2edeca591ecc8616069bd79b91b399d9.png 

If ever there was a time for an @everyone on discord that was the post. 

Along side that a in game popup would not be out of line. I do find it weird there were no conversions to credits for this event. 

• Like 1