This feels like the most money grubbing patch, ever.

Subtle_Octavian

75,000 doubloons to buy 75 bundles, plus 20,000 for the Bungo.

That is $380 USD 

The Black Friday token? 60 for a premium container. That is probably a 2 week grind to get one container for free.

AND you get to turn ALL your resources in to get some camos, and economic booster, and Champagne, a very hard ship to play due to the special mechanics.

It just feels so very repetitive and tedious that every patch cycle is $400 or wait two months. 

I guess I will do what I did last time, take off two months...

• Like 3

I am wildly overjoyed to be able to exchange some of > six years of Premium Time for something, got the Normandie camo and a T8 bonus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

every patch cycle is $400 or wait two months. 

So wait two months. But in the meantime...

1 hour ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

...you may want to give this a thought.

1) How much can I get from this event without paying money for it? (I won't know the answer for sure until I've looked at the game interface and seen exactly how many event tokens I can guarantee.)

2) How much XP will it take to grind through the Nagato as if I were trying to unlock the Amagi again? (Yumihari's research price hasn't been posted yet, but taking Amagi as a reasonable guide gives 135,000 from a standing start.) Take that number and divide by 56. Then get to work on it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 3

51 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

That is $380 USD 

The Black Friday token? 60 for a premium container. That is probably a 2 week grind to get one container for free.

AND you get to turn ALL your resources in to get some camos, and economic booster, and Champagne, a very hard ship to play due to the special mechanics.

It just feels so very repetitive and tedious that every patch cycle is $400 or wait two months. 

Dont forget, its 380 dollars for something you get for free later on hahahah.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So wait two months. But in the meantime...

...instead of flinging your toys across the room and storming out, perhaps you should bend a few neurons to asking of yourself the following questions:

1) How much can I get from this event without paying money for it? (I won't know the answer for sure until I've looked at the game interface and seen exactly how many event tokens I can guarantee.)

2) How much XP will it take to grind through the Nagato as if I were trying to unlock the Amagi again? (Yumihari's research price hasn't been posted yet, but taking Amagi as a reasonable guide gives 135,000 from a standing start.) Take that number and divide by 56. Then get to work on it.

isnt Yumihari free to get via tokens?

53 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

That is $380 USD 

can you screenshot the offer? the ones where you pay 1000 doublons per bundle I cant see it yet in EU.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

can you screenshot the offer? the ones where you pay 1000 doublons per bundle I cant see it yet in EU.

image.thumb.png.ef7748d0a3c506d8afd258b6fb41ed2b.png

Remember, the order of the bundles is different for everyone. Some lucky bastard is going to get Tsurugi and Ise first up for dirt cheap. 

Unless you do, don't go diving for them.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

isnt Yumihari free to get via tokens?

To get Yumihari will need 4,500 tokens (500 for some dross, then 1500 for a Yumihari-keyed perma-econ-bonus, and then 2,500 for the ship) , and while the amount of tokens you can earn is technically unlimited, it depends on exactly what the various personal challenge missions ask of you. 

My rough guess, having not yet seen the missions, is that most players SHOULD be able to get the econ bonus plus finish the collection for the permaskin if they go for it seriously. Getting the ship in pre-release may require a substantially more intense effort, and might be beyond the capabilities/time available of some.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

This update is different from past updates?

Shrug.

It's the business model.

Since it's Wednesday patch day, I'll look at this later...

...but I just started a resource efficient idea Factorio factory while waiting for the servers to come back here.

Maybe I'll work on that instead tonight.

Lord knows it might be more fun than being harangued for saving a star with my Pobeda in bronze ranked... 😄

Highly amusing to see people taking bronze ranked seriously...

23 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Remember, the order of the bundles is different for everyone. Some lucky bastard is going to get Tsurugi and Ise first up for dirt cheap. 

Mmm.......Im afraid that picture is incomplete....

bpzOFlr.png

Each resourse represents 2.5% so in order to have meaningful progress ( like 25%) means 10 as ten times that resource. Plainly

25% - 5000 dubs or

-300 days or

-12000 RB or

-3.600.000 CXP or

- 100.000 coal or 

- 100.000.000 silver

And....

Jo6s5LY.png

PLUS

kW8dQj8.png

And.....

1JCk75G.png

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

...instead of flinging your toys across the room and storming out, perhaps you should bend a few neurons to asking of yourself the following questions:

May I suggest re-wording that a bit.   We all aren't as smart as you.  Or, our Neurons are old and slow.....

I appreciate all that you contribute to this Forum, I really do;  but........some days...........sigh.  [face slap icon]

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I have ISE, what is the compensation for having ISE?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Mmm.......Im afraid that picture is incomplete....

bpzOFlr.png

Each resourse represents 2.5% so in order to have meaningful progress ( like 25%) means 10 as ten times that resource. Plainly

25% - 5000 dubs or

-300 days or

-12000 RB or

-3.600.000 CXP or

- 100.000 coal or 

- 100.000.000 silver

And....

Jo6s5LY.png

PLUS

kW8dQj8.png

And.....

1JCk75G.png

Salavage for victory lasts 15 days and the next x2 multiplier for RB points is in 19 days, smart WG 😄

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Salavage for victory lasts 15 days and the next x2 multiplier for RB points is in 19 days, smart WG 😄

Also.....

hDpCa3m.png

So yes.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I am treating the current update in the same way I treat all update content that looks for my money.  I ignore what costs real money and just play.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pugilistic said:

I am wildly overjoyed to be able to exchange some of > six years of Premium Time for something, got the Normandie camo and a T8 bonus. 

I don't know if I want what they are offering but i'm in the same boat.  No way I will be here for another 6 years,  and if history is any indicator, I will pick up ANOTHER 6 mos to a year this Christmas. 🤨

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Same... did the same 🙂   The Normandie camo looks pretty cool and since it's permanent, will continue to look great on that port queen 🙂

I noticed that I couldn't buy all the way to the end  of the bar with the Premium Time... stops after the T8 ship which I didn't do since I have them and the steel wasn't enough to tempt me.

Hope they do this again!  I still have years of Premium time and as @Col_NASTY says... probably get another batch in the Santa crates... *sigh*

1 hour ago, Asym said:

May I suggest re-wording that a bit.   We all aren't as smart as you.  Or, our Neurons are old and slow....

It's just basic math.

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I have ISE, what is the compensation for having ISE?

2000 dubs. So basically they refund what it cost you to take that shot, and they give you enough for an extra to boot.

They make it easy to pass when they do stuff like this. I laughed big time when I looked at this salvage mess. Can’t say NOPE loud enough.

tenor.gif?itemid=7863332

Sadly a lot of people will do it which enables WG to keep on screwing people. I don’t get it? But to each his or her own and spend as you see fit.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

This update's features are pretty skippable, aside from the BB line which sorta interests me. But, you know.

>300+ dollars to get the T10.

Yeah no, I can grind that myself, thanks. Nagato is not even a hard grind, and would be done already if I hadn't done RB several times with that line, which moved all the XP off of her.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pugilistic said:

Finally

56 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

This update's features are pretty skippable, aside from the BB line which sorta interests me. But, you know.

>300+ dollars to get the T10.

Yeah no, I can grind that myself, thanks. Nagato is not even a hard grind, and would be done already if I hadn't done RB several times with that line, which moved all the XP off of her.

The number of Japanese Tokens that can be obtained for free during the event is sufficient to obtain sequential bundles that hold 
VIII YUMIHARI
, a bonus package for her, and the Japanese Battleships commemorative flag.

So dont know why you keep saying grinding Nagato

10 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

The number of Japanese Tokens that can be obtained for free during the event is sufficient to obtain sequential bundles that hold 
VIII YUMIHARI
, a bonus package for her, and the Japanese Battleships commemorative flag.

So dont know why you keep saying grinding Nagato

Because, grinding out most BB lines is fairly trivial to me, and doesn't require me to play much.

Whereas to do this FOMO time limited event would require me to play more during a period of time, which I may not feel like doing. Seriously, look at my monthly games on WoWs Numbers. I don't play this game a whole lot anymore. You play a lot more than I do now - I'm very checked out nowadays.

So I might get enough tokens for Yumihari, or I might not. But I can definitely easily grind this line out over time if I don't play enough during the event, with not a whole lot of games spent to do it.

• Like 4