COMMANDER REWORK

Gaelic_knight

CHANGES TO COMMANDER SKILLS - UPDATE 12.10 - Development blog (worldofwarships.com)

does anyone know if there resetting  all the commanders skills  then we have to go through our ships over again  to put the skills selected back  of are they just changing the values of some of the skills  because i don't like the idea of having to go through my 556 ship all over again 

from the dev blog you linked

With the release of Update 12.10, all players will have a 100% discount on the commander skill reset for a limited time

There will probably be a news article that includes a 'Reset ALL my Commanders' button. They've done that with the past Commander Skill Resets.

Note: in the past the Reset All button only worked *once*.  If you want to use the button, do it toward the end of the free reset period. 

Also: In the past the Free Reset period started with the beginning of the Update *but* ended before the end of the Update. From memory, about two weeks or so.  Keep an eye on when the Free Reset ends and make changes/push the Reset All button before it ends..

----

So, like in the past, they will not reset your commanders skills unless you ask them to.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep - what Grant said.  No guarantees of a "reset all of them button" but they may offer one this time.  It does appear that you'll be able to reset commanders with a 100% discount as the article states - but not clear exactly how you'll be able to do that.  More details coming soon, I reckon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm suspecting this next commander reset will be another clusterf**k just like the last one. #1 - you have to figure out every ship to see what Cpt skill changes are necessary. #2 - do you trust WG to correctly auto-reset all your Cpt skills as you would want them? & #3 - how many will ignore the whole thing then have to spend real gold to fix their ships? Isn't this, again, just WG trying to scam the player base into spending more money? Does this sound familiar?

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

On 10/25/2023 at 3:50 PM, Aethervox said:

#2 - do you trust WG to correctly auto-reset all your Cpt skills as you would want them?

they don't reset them to new skills, they reset them to NO skills selected.

and I do trust that when I hit the 'reset all commanders' button it will reset all my commanders 👍

• Like 2

They will, like always, have a link on the main page to a single time only, all commander reset. It basically goes to your entry in the database and sets all of the skill fields to zero.

They sometimes really mess up the game balance doing this, so I usually leave the vast majority of the captains unskilled and use 2-3 special ones (ovechkin, znamesky, etc) for a patch cycle until the fix it.

When they released \ clawed back deadeye, it was two resets and a massive pain in the ass to redo all captains twice.

8 minutes ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

They will, like always, have a link on the main page to a single time only, all commander reset. It basically goes to your entry in the database and sets all of the skill fields to zero.

They sometimes really mess up the game balance doing this, so I usually leave the vast majority of the captains unskilled and use 2-3 special ones (ovechkin, znamesky, etc) for a patch cycle until the fix it.

When they released \ clawed back deadeye, it was two resets and a massive pain in the ass to redo all captains twice.

More accurately, though, I think the button to press for the free commander reset will be somewhere half way through the relevant update article.