12.9 Battle Pass Completion

NMA101

12.8 Battle Pass  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Were you able to complete all battle pass stages during this update?

• Yes, old system https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/381
    • No, old system
    • Yes, new system
    • No, new system

One of the more underhanded features WG introduced in this update was randomizing the battle pass missions. 

A few of you were blessed with RNG to receive 45K base XP weekly missions, requiring 36K in victorious battles. @Aragathor @Andrewbassg

Edited by NMA101
corrected version number
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, NMA101 said:

One of the more underhanded features WG introduced in this update was randomizing the battle pass missions. 

A few of you were blessed with RNG to receive 45K base XP weekly missions, requiring 36K in victorious battles. @Aragathor @Andrewbassg

Well, yes. Actually I got both versions Eu old /NA new. On NA employed a bit of a tactic, played ranked first, then played more ops to fulfil the "winning" requirement. 🙂   Aaand.... i play a LOTA48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gifso.....

But I would greatly prefer the old system.

Edited by Andrewbassg

Bit premature isn't it? 0.12.9 is still a few hours away from going live. Did you mean 0.12.8?

If you meant 0.12.8 and how they did the BP tasks a bit different I was fine with it. Old or new doesn't matter to me.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

I had one of the new BP variations, two sets of weekly missions with no dailies. Both required base XP for the first few and base XP in winning battles for the later missions, with the second chain having slightly higher BXP thresholds than the first (IIRC, mission 3 of one was identical to mission 4 of the other, etc).

I finished with 42 stages, which is a bit less than I normally accumulate. Then again, I also have played a lot less during this patch than typical (I actually just finally finished the third-to-last set of dockyard missions), so it’s difficult to assess if the lesser progress was primarily due to the mission structure changes. I will say though that getting partway through the week and having all the missions locked behind a win condition was frustrating.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

I would like to know the definition of complete, to level 40 right?

To level 40 yes, but collecting all possible battle pass reward it is no.

I am in trial version

Edited by a252
  • Thanks 1

Managed to finish the BP while having only one weekly mission. Buuuut I had several days off this month due to having worked public holidays, so I managed to get some extra games in.

Not a fan, especially with the increased bXP costs.

• Like 1

there were changes in the BP mechanic ? that feature is not for me so I do ignore any articles about it 🙂 but at least I learned something here

3 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

there were changes in the BP mechanic ? that feature is not for me so I do ignore any articles about it 🙂 but at least I learned something here

The mechanics of the BP never changed, but there were several variations of daily/weekly battle pass mission chains distributed last patch as part of some type of test. 

I never noticed a change. I usually complete it in a quick manner. I am disabled so, I have lots of time to play. 
The update went live yesterday (Wednesday 10/12/2023) and I just cleared level 19. Even after I complete it, I still do the Daily Trials. (I'm greedy) 

1 hour ago, Malum0ne said:

I never noticed a change. I usually complete it in a quick manner. I am disabled so, I have lots of time to play. 
The update went live yesterday (Wednesday 10/12/2023) and I just cleared level 19. Even after I complete it, I still do the Daily Trials. (I'm greedy) 

The OP is actually asking about 12.8 (last patch), which just concluded. This patch has returned to the normal BP mission setup.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

The mechanics of the BP never changed, but there were several variations of daily/weekly battle pass mission chains distributed last patch as part of some type of test. 

semantics ... the missions don't make sense without the BP so they are part of the BP mechanics ...

12 hours ago, Hugh_Ruka said:

semantics ... the missions don't make sense without the BP so they are part of the BP mechanics ...

Not really. The mechanics of the battle pass are how the BP itself works. That never changed, with the same reward structure, etc. What changed was the format of the missions needed to earn the BP stages for some (not even all) players.

It’s a subtle, but important distinction.

Edited by Nevermore135