Take to the seas for Canadian Thanksgiving and earn rewards from the Great White North! & Your Portal Chips:

Wolfswetpaws

History of Canadian Thanksgiving Day

Let me spin you a tale of Canadian Thanksgiving, steeped in the rich waters of history. In the early 16th century, explorers like Jacques Cartier and Martin Frobisher sailed the treacherous North Atlantic in search of a Northwest Passage to the riches of the Orient. These brave souls, who hailed from distant lands, gave thanks for safe harbors and bountiful catches in their maritime adventures.

But it wasn't until 1578 that the first official Canadian Thanksgiving feast was held. Martin Frobisher, seeking elusive passage, gave thanks to the Almighty for his crew's survival, a tradition that would later take root on Canadian soil. Over time, the celebration's date ebbed and flowed like the tides, until 1957 when Parliament declared the second Monday in October as a time for Canadians to gather, not just as sailors, but as a nation, to give thanks for the harvest and the blessings of the sea. So, as you raise a toast and carve a turkey this Canadian Thanksgiving, remember the seafaring souls who helped shape this tradition on the rugged shores of the Great White North.

How to Participate

To take part in the event, you must first click the “Participate” buttons below.

Starts: Oct 6, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: Oct 6, 06:00 AM

Ends: Oct 20, 03:00 AM PT (UTC-7) / your local time: Oct 20, 06:00 AM

Prizes
While most prizes have a limited number of rewards depending on what place you finish, one reward is available to all participants who earn the required Portal Chips within the duration of the event.

Earning as many Portal Chips as possible during the event will give you a better chance of netting the following in-game prizes.

Place                                                                                    Prize
Top 1-3 Portal Chip Earners                                               VII HAIDA with Maple Leaf Skin

Top 4-10 Portal Chip Earners                                             1x Premium VI Container, 10x Canada Day Expendable Camouflages

Top 11-25 Portal Chip Earners                                            5x Rare Expendable Bonus,  10x Canada Day Expendable Camouflages

Top 25-50 Portal Chip Earners                                           5x Special Expendable Bonus,  10x Canada Day Expendable Camouflages

All Participants that earn more than 100 Portal Chips      1x Canada Day Flag

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

I read it a couple of times ... just to be sure I understood it.

In that the chip earnings for COOP are significantly lower than those for Random/Ranked ... I figure that there's no way I'll be among any of the high chip earners ... so the only thing I'm likely to see from this event is a Canada Day Flag.

I have little interest in flags, and no interest in this particular flag ... so I figure I'll skip the event, thereby relieving WG of the need to keep track of my portal chips. This will permit them to save resources and consequently make the game just that little bit better for everyone.

Such philanthropy! Smile_trollface.gif.54fa9cced482993e9b392c91e064fbb5.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

👍

All that effort and only 3 people will get a Haida?

Dang...such miserly cheapness.

Ah well.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is this feast turkey friendly? 🦃

Sadly, it's NA only. As Martin Frobisher is an Alumni of the town I live in (you can still see his impact on the street plan) it's a bit annoying, but there you go...

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 6:17 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

In that the chip earnings for COOP are significantly lower than those for Random/Ranked ... I figure that there's no way I'll be among any of the high chip earners ... so the only thing I'm likely to see from this event is a Canada Day Flag.

I have little interest in flags, and no interest in this particular flag ... so I figure I'll skip the event, thereby relieving WG of the need to keep track of my portal chips. This will permit them to save resources and consequently make the game just that little bit better for everyone.

Such philanthropy! Smile_trollface.gif.54fa9cced482993e9b392c91e064fbb5.gif

A Pass for me as well....  Get what is free and who cares about the rest.  Really, kind of insulting that so little effort is put into an entire country's holiday...  All of these "Country - holiday events" are prime marketing pieces.  It seems our host can only dust off the clone event from the previous year and change for stuff to make it look new...

Pass for me.