Polar Adventure

Gaelic_knight

players thoughts on this garbage  missions that will take us to december  and the garbage rewards with even more tokens , as if theres not enough going on already 

shot-23.10.07_12.11.05-0595.jpg

shot-23.10.07_12.11.19-0911.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I've already got 2 of the 4 ships on offer...

...and I'm fully free2play without having played more than 5000 random battles.

Is there anything really interesting in there?

• Bored 1

I'm just playing my normal game.  If I happen to finish a task, it is just free stuff for my inventory.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I've already got 2 of the 4 ships on offer...

...and I'm fully free2play without having played more than 5000 random battles.

Is there anything really interesting in there?

There will be additional rewards added to the tab in the Armory over the course of the event.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/voyage-to-the-north-pole/

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

players thoughts on this

I'm participating in the mission(s).
I don't object to having missions & tasks available for me to play.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Activating Sarcasm Mode

-----

Oh No!

A Tier 8 Premium Ship and all we have to do is play the game to earn it?

image.thumb.png.b342fd50c3c5257af5f7bc54dcef1d6b.png

How *dare* WG reward us for playing make us play the game to get a free ship!

-----

End Sarcasm Mode

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 3

13 hours ago, HamptonRoads said:

I'm just playing my normal game.  If I happen to finish a task, it is just free stuff for my inventory.

^This!

• Thanks 1

I think these tokens will allow purchase of some "free" black friday premium containers when the time comes, so I'll casually do them.

If not, then... oh well.

The boat really isn't interesting, but never underestimate magic soviet bullets!

• Like 1

The Elephant in the room is that RO's are not included modes of play.....  It is amazing, how a corporation can frustrate and anger an entire part of the game community and think somehow, we are going to spend money on their products?

All these discriminatory actions do is further reinforce not spending a cent......

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i wonder if this is the only way to obtain the black friday containers then meh 

They will be available for direct purchase when the Black Friday event starts... it's one of the better values in the sale of intrinsically valueless stuff.

Best regards!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2023 at 7:14 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

players thoughts on this garbage  missions that will take us to december  and the garbage rewards with even more tokens , as if theres not enough going on already 

shot-23.10.07_12.11.05-0595.jpg

shot-23.10.07_12.11.19-0911.jpg

I don't really think it's a garbage event. I mean we earn a currency to get premium containers that offer premium ships. While the end of the mission gives us a brand new tier 8 premium ship. It's a bonus on-top of the rewards we already get and it's a great bonus imho. Just play the game normally to complete it, it's weird how I see complaints on getting bonus rewards for just playing the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

34 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

While the end of the mission gives us a brand new tier 8 premium ship.

Well, to be fair, the ship in question is very, very, butt cheeks levels of bad on paper. Honestly, unless she gets some massive buffs, WG basically has to give away DMPZ in her current form. WG could've just given her away just for logging in honestly during this patch and made this even a separate deal.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

Well, to be fair, the ship in question is very, very, butt cheeks levels of bad on paper. Honestly, unless she gets some massive buffs, WG basically has to give away DMPZ in her current form. WG could've just given her away just for logging in honestly during this patch and made this even a separate deal.

I mean in OPs she looks to be fun at least, I'd enjoy another cruiser to run around with. Something different to Bayard.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I mean in OPs she looks to be fun at least, I'd enjoy another cruiser to run around with. Something different to Bayard.

as mentioned earlier its kutuzov class type of ship so it shouldnt be to bad 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

as mentioned earlier its kutuzov class type of ship so it shouldnt be to bad 

Yeah and she has the short burst smokes so you can easily smoke up for every different situation and her AP is way better than normal Russian 152mm guns as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

Quite an ok event imo, just do the missions alongside daily grinds and should done most of them by each week. The tokens are enough for 3 BF premium crates which should be the best choice, as 12% is worth hoping for.

Though I get my hopes high for nothing on week 3, the Italian dude being a mystery reward is kinda hilarious cuz he does nothing other than seizing one slot. Can only hope there's something good at week 7. 

Pozharsky can work in ops like Hampshire, memorize spawn points and move to the side preemptively so you can farm the broadsides, and does it safer than Hampshire since you can break line of sight with smoke to avoid focus fire from bots. But will suffer when farming DDs due to that 25mm arming threshold while Hampshire gets full pen and enjoys benefits from AP skill; which means poz will feel inferior on maps like cherry blossom. 

Edited by GMMF

On 10/25/2023 at 10:43 PM, BOBTHEBALL said:

Yeah and she has the short burst smokes so you can easily smoke up for every different situation and her AP is way better than normal Russian 152mm guns as well. 

Short burst smoke would only be good if you had Acceleration/deceleration bonuses', which DMPZ lacks. So unless your at a near complete stop, you'll outrun the smoke and waste it. The AP shells better than normal, but saying their way better is a bit of a stretch. Their better, but not enough to actually matter. She has slightly better than normal angles, but not the good pen angles(60-67.5°) that would make her work. Her lack of HE is a huge nerf.

On 10/25/2023 at 8:36 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

as mentioned earlier its kutuzov class type of ship so it shouldn't be to bad 

She is an attempted to fix Kutuzov, but nerfed into the ground so hard that she's basically hot garbage. She has no HE, a short burst smoke with less charges than normal and worse than Kutuzovs smoke, her torps are a window dressing essentially(aka useless), and situational at best AP. Her AP has slightly higher DPM, penetration and slightly improved pen angles(not that you'll notice, its only 5° improvement over standard), but the lack of improved fuses make her DPM unreliable compared to Kutuzovs HE(not to mention fires). WG was so afraid of creating something as good as Kutuzov was, they overreacted and over nerfed DMPZ. As far as light cruisers go, she's amongst the worst in the game.

Edited by MBT808
  • Like 2
  • Bored 1

2 hours ago, MBT808 said:

WG was so afraid of creating something as good as Kutuzov was, they overreacted and over nerfed DMPZ.

Hmmm… this sounds familiar…

image.jpeg.9ddb603acd78ec9ddc8113ea0ee4717b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/29/2023 at 11:38 AM, MBT808 said:

Short burst smoke would only be good if you had Acceleration/deceleration bonuses', which DMPZ lacks. So unless your at a near complete stop, you'll outrun the smoke and waste it. The AP shells better than normal, but saying their way better is a bit of a stretch. Their better, but not enough to actually matter. She has slightly better than normal angles, but not the good pen angles(60-67.5°) that would make her work. Her lack of HE is a huge nerf.

She is an attempted to fix Kutuzov, but nerfed into the ground so hard that she's basically hot garbage. She has no HE, a short burst smoke with less charges than normal and worse than Kutuzovs smoke, her torps are a window dressing essentially(aka useless), and situational at best AP. Her AP has slightly higher DPM, penetration and slightly improved pen angles(not that you'll notice, its only 5° improvement over standard), but the lack of improved fuses make her DPM unreliable compared to Kutuzovs HE(not to mention fires). WG was so afraid of creating something as good as Kutuzov was, they overreacted and over nerfed DMPZ. As far as light cruisers go, she's amongst the worst in the game.

Lots of text to just say she's not gonna be as good as Kutuzov which is fine I'm not saying it's broken OP. But it's not gonna be giga dogwater either. No need to exaggerate on your end we can all calm down. She'll be alright, defo better than some tier 8s we already have so I ain't complaining. Oh also it's free so even less of a reason to complain. Thank you yes ik I'm right.

• Like 1

Free is free and if you got that much time to play good for you. If it's free, it's technically not supposed to be good, but because of the economy nerf, T8 premiums have increased in value. Therefore congrats to those who are getting their first or second or third free T8 credit machine.

• Like 1

On 10/7/2023 at 4:22 PM, HamptonRoads said:

This^^^^^ also