PSA Warning about the Battle Pass Screen Do not Click Yes

Admiral_Karasu

Folks,

There seems to be a new devious ploy in the interface. When I clicked on the BP to open the interface, the first screen displayed rewards with a 'yes' button. Don't click on the 'yes' unless you are planning to pay dubs for the premium BP.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Volron said:

Did you already have the Prem Pass?  If not maybe it is because you didn't? cap_hmm.gif.b39a7d139a4843dee1fbf1aa7d487f14.gif

Absolutely I didn't. I don't have a screenshot, but I nearly clicked on yes until I realized I was going to be deducted 2500 dubs for the premim BP if I did.

I fell into this trick a in June and it took 8 days to revert. 

In my case I didn't notice my phone was hitting the enter key and auto agree everything it pops up, thus it deducted 6250 dub.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Absolutely I didn't. I don't have a screenshot, but I nearly clicked on yes until I realized I was going to be deducted 2500 dubs for the premim BP if I did.

I think I've had this happen before, but I know for sure I didn't have Prem Pass.  I didn't have the dubs, so it was like: "Get more dubs to get prem pass".  Thing is, if I were to splash the 6250, would it retroactively award me the bonuses that would come with it (the +5% or whatever)?  Or would it just give me "base"?  I would think it would retroactively award me, but this IS WeeGee we are talkin about...

• Like 1

The pop-up will generate on the last Friday of an update cycle, since at least early 2023. I am on the free pass as well, so I have noticed it every patch. 

It is an intentional design feature - faulty UI to bait careless players into spending doubloons. Borderline predatory. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Folks,

There seems to be a new devious ploy in the interface. When I clicked on the BP to open the interface, the first screen displayed rewards with a 'yes' button. Don't click on the 'yes' unless you are planning to pay dubs for the premium BP.

And now we know why no one should EVER link any account to any game..... 

• Like 1