Passing of Captain of Satisfaction - A Commander of his ship, contributor and moderator

HogHammer

Hello everyone, this is Captain of Satisfaction‘s sister. Unfortunately, he has passed away. He loved this game.  If you want to see the real person under legacy.com. His real name is Rand Herron. Thank you for providing such entertainment for my brother, who was disabled, and he was a great person, Genna Saxe 

Rand Herron Obituary (1959 - 2023) - Legacy Remembers

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Sad 16

Sad news, I never really got to know him as I was never part of the NA community, my condolences.

• Like 5

May He Rest in Peace.

I have never interacted with him due to being from another server realm. Yet, merely the fact that he has gallantly struggled from his teens against such severe disability obligates me to pay respect.

• Like 5

43 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Hello everyone, this is Captain of Satisfaction‘s sister. Unfortunately, he has passed away. He loved this game.  If you want to see the real person under legacy.com. His real name is Rand Herron. Thank you for providing such entertainment for my brother, who was disabled, and he was a great person, Genna Saxe 

salute.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Thank you for sharing the news.  May the @Capt_of_Satisfaction's next gig be Heavenly.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Captain of Satisfaction was the one who informed and invited me to join Devstrike.net. Prior to that, we've been commenting on posts at the old forum when it was still open. I could easily recognize we had roughly the same likes in music whenever we commented about it in World of Warships gameplay videos.

Rest In Peace, Captain!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

He gifted me, a total stranger, a ship when he was the Anonymous Benefactor on the old forum. He reminded me that in this crazy world there are some very nice people out there.

Fair winds Captain...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

Very sad news. My condolences to his family. Farewell Rand, valued community member, devstrike.net moderator, friend. May your skies be clear, your spirit light.

• Like 6

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
1 hour ago, palestreamer said:

He gifted me, a total stranger, a ship when he was the Anonymous Benefactor on the old forum. He reminded me that in this crazy world there are some very nice people out there.

Fair winds Captain...

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction

Captain's sis here. -. I love seeing your post! Rand told me about being an anonymous benefactor. I was so impressed with him as just simply a good human despite untold suffering. Many times he couldn't play and it was frustrating for him because he struggled to sit up at the computer. Thank you all for your kind words... Fair winds to You all!

3 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Was a very nice guy and cared for ops also

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away”…

as the anonymous benefactor, capt should have quite a few ripples. 

• Like 6

1.jpg.f7d5d228c6bc64c27537e162372e0a02.jpg

"Along the shore I spy a ship
As she sets out to sea;
She spreads her sails and sniffs the breeze
And slips away from me.

I watch her fading image shrink,
As she moves on and on,
Until at last she's but a speck,
Then someone says, "She's gone."

Gone where?  Gone only from our sight
And from our farewell cries;
That ship will somewhere reappear
To other eager eyes.

Beyond the dim horizon's rim
Resound the welcome drums,
And while we're crying, "There she goes!"
They're shouting,  "Here she comes!"

We're built to cruise for but a while
Upon this trackless sea
Until one day we sail away
Into infinity
."

RIP Captain

• Like 12

I bought one of those tiny airline-sized bottles of Captain Morgan's and poured it out in his memory. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1