Late Bloomer? Luck over skill any day!

Jakeshuffle

I love the game, can't say I'm great at it but this match was particularly satisfying with two It's Just a Flesh Wound! achievements from torpedoes. I absolutely love the Black's slow torpedoes and I never thought I would say that. Excuse the Econ Bonuses, the Black is my farmer.

image.thumb.png.7b67c3135527164699727f423828d477.png

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

this match was particularly satisfying with two It's Just a Flesh Wound! achievements from torpedoes.

It's a pity you weren't here in the good old days, when a flood would last for ages and a ship that couldn't DCP it or heal through it was a dead boat walking. 

The crowning glory of my noobness was a couple of torps from my Tier 2 Sampson that got me a Liquidator (a now-retired achievement), a Devastating Strike (because I bled out > 50% of his health from the flood and the torp damage) and a Flesh Wound all from the same torp salvo. 

The Black Lulz continue today, though, since they're so slow and so long-ranged. I remember panic-dumping Black torps once, one lot at the ship that was hunting me and another in a likely direction. Nailed the ship I was aiming at; then about a minute later, a random enemy Cleveland exploded. How far apart were yours?

43 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It's a pity you weren't here in the good old days, when a flood would last for ages and a ship that couldn't DCP it or heal through it was a dead boat walking. 

The crowning glory of my noobness was a couple of torps from my Tier 2 Sampson that got me a Liquidator (a now-retired achievement), a Devastating Strike (because I bled out > 50% of his health from the flood and the torp damage) and a Flesh Wound all from the same torp salvo. 

The Black Lulz continue today, though, since they're so slow and so long-ranged. I remember panic-dumping Black torps once, one lot at the ship that was hunting me and another in a likely direction. Nailed the ship I was aiming at; then about a minute later, a random enemy Cleveland exploded. How far apart were yours?

There should be an award for "Oooops !  Did I do that>?"  kills....  I had a double, with a third almost when COOP had their MM bug and 2x7 matches.....  That was magical.

Edited by Asym
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Asym said:

There should be an award for "Oooops !  Did I do that>?"  kills....  I had a double, with a third almost when COOP had their MM bug and 2x7 matches.....  That was magical.

There almost ought to be a multi-strike award (two or higher) for kills by torpedoes launched as part of the same salvo (e.g. within five seconds of each other), regardless of how far apart the kills are. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

There almost ought to be a multi-strike award (two or higher) for kills by torpedoes launched as part of the same salvo (e.g. within five seconds of each other), regardless of how far apart the kills are. 

It's like on Killer Whale, when the furthers two Transports are sailing "in echelon" and a single BB salvo kills them both !  Gosh, awards like that would be fun to chase !!! 

Double shot guns and double shot Torps.  And, I'd add an AA award called "Eliminator" where you kill two complete waves of planes in a row.

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

I had no idea that one can get double "Flash Wounds"......

I'm guessing it was a typo instead of a couple of ero-sennin opening their trenchcoats and searing the retinas of bystanders.  🙂 

I've sailed between two red-team ships with my Yudachi (in  Co-op).
Torpedo one ship, then use torpedo-reload-boost to reload and then torpedo the other ship within seconds.
I remained afloat, too.  

If it were randoms, I might have gotten two dev-strikes.  That said, I think @Jakeshuffle has earned some bragging rights here.
Well done!  🙂 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

I had no idea that one can get double "Flash Wounds"......

Same! I got two BBs with seperate torpedo waves. I was sitting drinking my coffee getting mentally ready for work and then two sinks! I wish I could do that so casually every time haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm guessing it was a typo instead of a couple of ero-sennin opening their trenchcoats and searing the retinas of bystanders.  🙂 

I've sailed between two red-team ships with my Yudachi (in  Co-op).
Torpedo one ship, then use torpedo-reload-boost to reload and then torpedo the other ship within seconds.
I remained afloat, too.  

If it were randoms, I might have gotten two dev-strikes.  That said, I think @Jakeshuffle has earned some bragging rights here.
Well done!  🙂 

Yep, good catch 🙂 .

Otherwise , I've got double devstrikes but not yet double flesh wounds...

• Thanks 1

Years ago I got a triple.

Yoloed a Smoke cloud with torps. Knew there was a Smolly in it.

Got Him AND 2 DDs that were in the same cloud.

Pure dumb luck🤣

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Asym said:

It's like on Killer Whale, when the furthers two Transports are sailing "in echelon" and a single BB salvo kills them both !  Gosh, awards like that would be fun to chase !!! 

Double shot guns and double shot Torps.  And, I'd add an AA award called "Eliminator" where you kill two complete waves of planes in a row.

In Killer Whale, I've used a Leander to fired single torpedoes at each of the transports.  Sank them all within 10 seconds of the first kill.  Got the Fox in the Henhouse award for that one.  I've done similar things in Narai, but the transports spawn in two different locations making killing in a really short period is nearly impossible.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

In Killer Whale, I've used a Leander to fired single torpedoes at each of the transports.  Sank them all within 10 seconds of the first kill.  Got the Fox in the Henhouse award for that one.  I've done similar things in Narai, but the transports spawn in two different locations making killing in a really short period is nearly impossible.

Yeah !  Well done.....🫡  These icons suck !   I will try that later today if I can get the OP.