Kleber or Henri 4? (can only afford 1 right now)

S7CentNickel

Been grinding my French DDs & CLs for the Dockyard and have both ready to purchase, but can only afford 1 at this time.  Which do you prefer?  I really enjoyed both the Mogador & St Louis, probably the DD more so.  Any opinion on the tier 10's would be greatly appreciated.  (I know, first world problem)

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Personally i prefer Cruisers over DDs, but in this case, i would take Kleber first, it's an awesome ship, i hate to see it in the enemy line up, it can be a very annoying and dangerous opponent. If you have the coal to spare, get the speed boost upgrade for her.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, S7CentNickel said:

but can only afford 1 at this time.

You need to slow down and start a savings plan!!

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Been grinding my French DDs & CLs for the Dockyard and have both ready to purchase, but can only afford 1 at this time.  Which do you prefer?  I really enjoyed both the Mogador & St Louis, probably the DD more so.  Any opinion on the tier 10's would be greatly appreciated.  (I know, first world problem)

Thanks in advance!

I would say Kleber but im a bit DD bias. They are quite similar, since Kleber is more a cruiser the DD anyways. Both are kiteing firespammes, one have somewhat overmatch, citadel and heals, the other has speed, range and French saturation.

Kleber can also ambush DDs and BBs very well from behind islands and can also cap caps late game. Henri was OP before but been nerfed in acceleration somewhat.

• Like 2

I'd say get the Henri. French dd's come with a high skill level requirement to play sucessfully. I'm primarily a cruiser main but like dd gunboats

• Like 1

23 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Thanks in advance!

I happened to grind/research the French Cruiser line faster than the Destroyer line.  So I have the X Henri IV in my Port.

Pick whichver one you want "right now".  You'll get the other one, later on.  🙂