ASYMMETRIC BATTLES, CLAN BATTLES AND MORE - CLOSED TEST 12.10

Clodenjoy

Asymmetric battles for all tiers from Tier 6 is very nice! 

From the article (bold emphasis mine):

Asymmetric Battles will also have the following changes compared to the previous iteration:

• Divisions of up to 5 players can be formed (one aircraft carrier, two battleships, two destroyers, two cruisers, and one submarine)
  • Bot ships are now more likely to focus on the highest HP ship closest to them.
  • Bots will now be less effective at dodging torpedoes.
  • Bots are now more likely to head toward Key Areas to capture and defend them.

Based on collected data and player feedback, we decided to include these changes in order to improve the gameplay experience for non-battleship classes, which was one of the main concerns put forward during the previous iteration. 

Well done, WG.

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm happy to see Asymmetrical battles return but I hope they make their adjustments with some finesse.

Obviously it's a PR release with little real detail ... but it worries me that they are going to go too far with the targeting criteria tweaks and we'll see bots behaving like they do in COOP, ignoring ships as they steam in and dump a load of torps into their broadsides.

On 10/6/2023 at 1:26 AM, SunkCostFallacy said:

Interesting. I'm happy to see Asymmetrical battles return but I hope they make their adjustments with some finesse.

Obviously it's a PR release with little real detail ... but it worries me that they are going to go too far with the targeting criteria tweaks and we'll see bots behaving like they do in COOP, ignoring ships as they steam in and dump a load of torps into their broadsides.

Well true, but I expect Asymmetric go through several iterations, so one method is to tweak a lot in the other direction of focus fire and bot torp avoiding mechanics to get reliable results. I.e. you start with the first iteration = deadly for cruisers, now you try the opposite way to maybe get results that you see well it was too much the other way and then you adjust somewhere in between? We will see. What I really like is the ability to play more tiers.  I foresee a lot of Asymmetric play for me provided it is not completely awful this time.

Grinded several captains the last time. Played Musashi, Missouri , Pommern, Why T9 (well the bots got lower if you were T9) , I tried a few in the other classes (DD, Cruisers).

Smoke cruisers worked  (Smolensk). My green but especially blue credit and elite XP boosters were depleted a lot last time.

• 5 weeks later...

Looking forward of getting asym. battles back. Random is currently reason for a lot of frustration and anger due to unnecessary gimmicks, unbalanced subs/cvs and hopeless MM. It's nice to have an alternative. Hopefully rewards won't be cut down even more, under the niveau of the last time. Good fighting bots with less focus fire on cruisers would be a great gift too. 🙂

Edited by OT2_2
additional information
  • Like 1