KM Schill in armory - a TVIII for mere 80€

Yedwy

So this is the new "inflation meta" by WG I guess...

And yeah I know its "early access" and the thing will later end up in armory but it used to be one could buy a premium ship for normal price when it came out and nowadays well...

Now we wait for "early access" T10 premium for 200€ eh?

shot-23.10.03_07.49.58-0528.jpg

• Like 4
  • Bored 1

did you notice how many of money events, auctions and etc are in the last few months? not to mention all of them are ultraaaaa expensive

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

did you notice how many of money events, auctions and etc are in the last few months? not to mention all of them are ultraaaaa expensive

Yep

Yeah, this is redonkulous.  I miss the days when you had 3 purchase options for a ship:

1. Base purchase, gets you just the ship with like a 3pt commander.
  2. "Mid-ranged" purchase, gets you the ship, a 6pt commander, various prem consumables, and if I remember correctly, 7d PT.
  3. Admiral purchase, gets you the ship, a 10pt commander, ship flag, larger amount of pre consumables and 30d PT.

Wish that was a thing still, not this crap.  *sigh*  The days when WoWs devs were decent.

Won't be able to see for myself for another 3 1/2 hrs, but "oof" regardless.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Volron said:

Yeah, this is redonkulous.  I miss the days when you had 3 purchase options for a ship:

1. Base purchase, gets you just the ship with like a 3pt commander.
  2. "Mid-ranged" purchase, gets you the ship, a 6pt commander, various prem consumables, and if I remember correctly, 7d PT.
  3. Admiral purchase, gets you the ship, a 10pt commander, ship flag, larger amount of pre consumables and 30d PT.

Wish that was a thing still, not this crap.  *sigh*  The days when WoWs devs were decent.

Won't be able to see for myself for another 3 1/2 hrs, but "oof" regardless.

there is no way this offers attracts players who play this game for longer time. Only new players, but still even they have to see how expensive it is...

Btw does this ship has heal?

Just now, Wulf_Ace said:

there is no way this offers attracts players who play this game for longer time. Only new players, but still even they have to see how expensive it is...

I do not know.  As I said, it won't show in the armory for me for another few hours.  EU sees things before NA does.

As for the previous setup not attracting long time players; While I cannot speak for other long term players, I can easily say that I've spent a lot more money on WoWs then than I do now.  Too much loot box now.  It is a major change from how things were in CBT.

11 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

Yep you can see her consumable specs at the bottom of that page

dqwdqw.jpg

Of course. WG needs all the money they can get to fund the salary increases of their developers who make submarines and carriers the favored class in World of Warships. 😄

Congratulations in advance to those who will be blessed by RNG! 1 credit for a Premium Tier VIII ship is amazing. 

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

Of course. WG needs all the money they can get to fund the salary increases of their developers who make submarines and carriers the favored class in World of Warships. 😄

Congratulations in advance to those who will be blessed by RNG! 1 credit for a Premium Tier VIII ship is amazing. 

👍

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

What?  It isn't just subs and cv's ya know.  They also gotta pay for that million dollar home and the ferrari that comes with it....

• Haha 4

To anyone considering playing the lottery for the ship, be aware that Schill has the same 60s fire duration as most CBs (Graf Spee burns for 45s). I bring this up because she was initially announced with standard cruiser 30s fire duration and extended fire duration is not mentioned as a “con” in her armory description as it is for other ships of the type:

Schill:

DA33FB6A-9234-4AA9-9BBE-4A06EF25762E.thumb.jpeg.8e0d1419afbbcd90c408f33d3b5616e7.jpeg

Agir:

90E09C93-E9A8-4207-B196-7C15E4195483.thumb.jpeg.83d7d2a68d38d9c2478cd0a63119e0cc.jpeg

Congress:

0E138B47-0CD5-4B7F-A347-AE43BC233BE0.thumb.jpeg.fd8025826be9bff2846f58145ba0b096.jpeg

Azuma:

C1CBAC8D-3B7B-44FC-BF24-05A047F49625.thumb.jpeg.5f8fa2a9a72ede3313b24d098c3017ed.jpeg

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

WG is releasing a ship called Shill?

Yes named after a Prussian officer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand_von_Schill

24 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

To anyone considering playing the lottery for the ship, be aware that Schill has the same 60s fire duration as most CBs (Graf Spee burns for 45s). I bring this up because she was initially announced with standard cruiser 30s fire duration and extended fire duration is not mentioned as a “con” in her armory description as it is for other ships of the type:

"Miscommunication." Nothing more.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... a special schip for wehraboos who also happen to be WG image.gif.471100aafc91c66a81c9f50ff5f3cccd.gif

Noice looking ship, though.

Not really that. The naming is correct for the period, seeing as Kriegsmarine used Napoleonic era officer names for some cruisers.

And the P-Class ships were fully designed and ready for construction.

Edited by Aragathor

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

Not really that. The naming correct for the period, seeing as Kriegsmarine used Napoleonic era officer names for some cruisers.

A fact which explains why it looks the part unlikely those fantasy ships WG keeps pulling from the LCNC*.

Spoiler

*Lesta Cafeteria Napkin Cabinet for those who are not in the know yet.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

So... a special schip for wehraboos who also happen to be WG image.gif.471100aafc91c66a81c9f50ff5f3cccd.gif

Noice looking ship, though.

No the ship is fine, a souped up Spee at T8 with Sharnhorst guns and MBRB + new sec upgrades for cap skills will make her a boss in farming ops, coop and brawl type stuff but that pricetag, jesus

Edited by Yedwy
Typo
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Not really that. The naming correct for the period, seeing as Kriegsmarine used Napoleonic era officer names for some cruisers.

She’s not a precise match for the P-class, as some of the armaments don’t match those of the final P-class design. Her secondary armament is more in line with that of the D-class ships that were cancelled in favor of the Scharnhorsts, but she swaps some of the 150mm guns for some more DP 105mm guns.

She’s an interesting ship, and as a higher tier Graf Spee it looks like she ticks all the boxes while improving on that ship’s biggest flaws, namely her armor (Graf Spee never got 25mm extremity plating like other tier VI-VII German and American heavy cruisers) and gunnery (Schill has cruiser dispersion). She burns for longer than Graf Spee, though, and 20s reload on six guns is long, especially since 283mm guns have much less overmatch potential than they used to now that most mid tier cruisers have 25mm decks (this was the change that hit both Scharnhorst and Graf Spee pretty hard). The reload booster looks to be a tacked-on attempt to remedy that, but I think most would have preferred a faster reload.

Then again, I’m pretty sure the reason WG went the route they did is because Prinz Eugen already exists as a tanky tier VIII German CA with a heal. 283mm guns don’t really have that much advantage compared to 203mm at the tier, so the MBRB (and 8km torps) seems to be how WG is hoping to differentiate her.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Yedwy said:

No the ship is fine, a souped up Spee at T8 with Sharnhorst guns and MBRB + new sec upgrades for cap skills will make her a boss in farming ops, coop and brawl type stuff but that pricetag, jesus

Maybe WG is repositioning themselves as a more upmarket company, catering for a very select clientele only.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV3kewV1FWg&pp=ygUWbWFzc2l2ZSB3aGFsZXMgc3BvdHRlZA%3D%3D

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Now we wait for "early access" T10 premium for 200€ eh?

We've already been there, qualitatively if not quantitatively. Napoli was early access for 35,000 dubs before she became a coal ship. 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

For WoWs but not other publishers. Given there's a war going on with many customers as the participants inflation and experimental marketing is to be expected. The rest is dependent on the KM database to give to such practices.

7 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

there is no way this offers attracts players who play this game for longer time. Only new players

Actually not true and I say that as someone who has played this game since 2016.

There are many long time players who are willing to spend beyond something's dollar value if it is something they want (look at the ship auctions for doubloons and the crazy heights the prices reach). For many people WOWS is their entertainment so spending on overpriced pixels doesn't matter to them as they will enjoy what they buy.

I used to fall into that Mega Whale group ^ but have mellowed a bit with my spending on the game and am more a Guppy now; but I will still spend some. I did spend some on this and got the ship for about $17 USD as it dropped in one of the earlier bundles (I also did the 2 Coal crates so approx. $17 USD + 30K Coal). I set a limit as to how far up the bundle chain I would go and if the ship dropped great and if not I decided I would be ok with the other stuff I got and just stop buying the bundles. I ended up with some Coal (don't need it but a good reward), FXP, and quite a few blue boosts which always come in handy. The camos and combat flags are fluff. In the end I am happy with what I received value wise for $$$ spent. I would have said the same if I did not get the ship. You have to be ok either way or just don't do it.

WG has a right, and frankly a business need/responsibility, to monetize the game so it can stay afloat. I have no problem with that. If you personally find something too $$$ then just don't buy it. It truly is as simple as that. There is nothing sold that is required to play this game and that anyone needs; least of all a mediocre at best T8 Premium Cruiser.

You can play WOWS 100% free. WOWS is not 100% free for WG to develop and run though. So stuff will be sold for real money and there is nothing wrong with that. If you feel the price is too high then vote with your wallet and pass on it. If enough players do that WG will have to lower the prices. However, if enough players buy then it signifies the market will support the price and they will keep the pricing there.

It is a player's choice to buy into these things or not. It is not mandatory. So if the price is too high just pass. Not everyone will agree with you and especially when structured like this where lower bundles are cheap and there is a chance at a big score even if it is a small chance.

1.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

Another pass for me, I only spend $50 a year on WOWS ... I buy the 12,500 doubloon package with the 100% cashback coupon for my birthday every November. I don't do the gambling and overpriced stuff.

• Like 1