CHANGES TO COMMANDER SKILLS - UPDATE 12.10

Clodenjoy

38 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

Am I wrong or this means buff to Napoli and Schroder and finally sec. build Agir and Sigfried? 🙃

Too soon to tell, I think.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Too soon to tell, I think.

Not too soon, it will be an alternative build for some ships for certain. For Schröder it will be a must have, as the ship depends on secondaries.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Not too soon, it will be an alternative build for some ships for certain. For Schröder it will be a must have, as the ship depends on secondaries.

Well.. how many times have we seen something very promising announced being in closed testing only never to hear of it ever again?

I see some French destroyers and cruisers potentially really benefiting here. Not to mention I think that change to Dazzle will be rather strong at letting destroyers that prefer hunting other destroyers extend engagements against their brethren that prefer Swift in Silence.

Hopefully when implemented they will follow past practice and give a free reset to all captains. You never know though.

33 minutes ago, Efros said:

Hopefully when implemented they will follow past practice and give a free reset to all captains. You never know though.

I'm pretty sure thats what written at the end of the article.

With the release of Update 12.10, all players will have a 100% discount on the commander skill reset for a limited time. All the details will be announced later.

• Like 1

Yay, on the one hand, ack on the other.  Usually with these free resets, I go and reset all my skippers and then assign skills as I play the ships.   A pain for me with over 100 ships.  I feel for those with even more ships than that.  Hopefully WG will have a "reset all" skippers button.

18 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

Yay, on the one hand, ack on the other.  Usually with these free resets, I go and reset all my skippers and then assign skills as I play the ships.   A pain for me with over 100 ships.  I feel for those with even more ships than that.  Hopefully WG will have a "reset all" skippers button.

They had a button like that last time, but it was on the webpage, in an article, not ingame. So you better check the related articles if the update comes out.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KJ82 said:

They had a button like that last time, but it was on the webpage, in an article, not ingame. So you better check the related articles if the update comes out.

Last time I actually ended up resetting all my commanders by accident but it worked out in the end.

Maybe it is not too soon to tell... Tonight put Agir and Siegfried in sec. mode (how much I can with slots), range of sec. is 9.5 km. If WG really put +20% range on that... Yep, with that and Lutjens... 😄 Napoli I wasn't check (range), and Schroder I haven't. 

Edited by WildWind84

1 hour ago, Slammer58 said:

over 150 right now in port... 😳

EDIT: 251 ship from t5-tX and 8 ships t2-t4... 

Edited by WildWind84

4 hours ago, Efros said:

Reading is over powered.

With the release of Update 12.10, all players will have a 100% discount on the commander skill reset for a limited time. All the details will be announced later.

Please note that all information in the development blog is preliminary. Announced adjustments and features may change multiple times during testing. The final information will be published on our game's website.
https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/482

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What a bunch of solutions in search of a problem.  🤔

How much "value" will we lose with these changes is the question since our host no longer has any interest in what we think or need....

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Asym said:

How much "value" will we lose with these changes is the question since our host no longer has any interest in what we think or need....

Wow, that is a really cynical thing to say about a change that is all buffs. The only value lost is for people who don't want meta to shift them out of their comfort zone, and that is a very greedy mindset. The only value question is how much this ends up making Schill better right as it is coming out for a whale's price. Otherwise, since there is a free commander reset involved, this is all on WG's dime.

Edit: There is also a chance these changes get Napoli pulled from the armory soon.

Edited by _KlRlTO_
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 1

55 minutes ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

Wow, that is a really cynical thing to say about a change that is all buffs. The only value lost is for people who don't want meta to shift them out of their comfort zone, and that is a very greedy mindset. The only value question is how much this ends up making Schill better right as it is coming out for a whale's price. Otherwise, since there is a free commander reset involved, this is all on WG's dime.

Edit: There is also a chance these changes get Napoli pulled from the armory soon.

Oh my, you believe face value from our host?  Oy vey !  The entire Skill Tree Change was a facade to lower overall player value.  To force players to "devalue themselves" under the guise of having choices.  A well calculated economy nerf overall.... GTG was an example I used when it came out and many players recognized that "Choice" = "Loss" of actual value earning capabilities....  Not by "large amounts" but rather, "death by a thousand cuts..."  

And, in the old Forum, I actually compared Mechwarrior's skill tree change to our skill tree change and detailed the economy mechanics of such changes.  After all, History repeats itself and those whom fail to study game histories are doomed to repeat the same errors...    Games only repeat what has happened before.......innovation is too expensive and dangerous.  MWO's changes killed the game.   WOWS changes seriously hurt this game......and, since this game relies on revenue from WG's other games, it won't go away.....

LWM answered and gave her opinions of these changes.  They weren't screaming "Oh my GoD, we are so blessed...."  Read it and ask yourself why would out host do this?   The answer isn't about "now and benefits now...."  It's what else we don't know that any of these changes will be fully understood as to what they cost us.....

Edited by Asym
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

We have too much history with WG refusing to give any value for free...or even low cost.

You trust them if you want to... unfortunately, our pessimism has been well earned by WG.

• Like 6

Just now, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

We have too much history with WG refusing to give any value for free...or even low cost.

You trust them if you want to... unfortunately, our pessimism has been well earned by WG.

81aih8.jpg

• Bored 4

1 hour ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

81aih8.jpg

If you just want to attack people for not sharing your opinion, get used to being ignored.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

81aih8.jpg

It is not the game we distrust, its the management. Deceit, smoke and mirror tactics, increased monitization, the treatment of LWM (and the other CC's), the Puerto Rico debacle.....the list goes on. Many of us have been around since the start and we just dont trust them anymore. We still enjoy the game, we just dont financially support it anymore.

Edited by hipcanuck
  • Like 6

8 hours ago, _KlRlTO_ said:

81aih8.jpg

I'm playing because I'm still having fun, regardless of the stupid stuff that WG have done.

Let's take it a step further though:

On the old WG forums I interacted with a certain CM both publicly and privately until his duplicity got to the point where I refused to have anything to do with him. I refused to respond to his posts on the forum, except in one particular case where I couldn't resist, and my (quite polite and rational) response got me a warning because I made him and WG look bad.

There were many people on the forums that I enjoyed interacting with, so I didn't stop using the forums because of that CM ... I just stopped interacting with that CM.

Same thing applies to WoWS. I have long had a low opinion of WG and the way they 'solve' problems. But despite that I'm still enjoying the game sufficiently so that I'm happy to continue playing. It is, after all, the only game in town ... it's not as if there are a dozen other naval arcade games which compete against WoWS.

But as the signature states ... I have every expectation that WG will reach a point where the game is no longer fun enough for me to put up with the mess, and I'll walk away ... the same way I walked away from World of Tanks and War Thunder.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/3/2023 at 5:01 PM, SunkCostFallacy said:

the same way I walked away from World of Tanks

Agreed. Plus many see WoWS headed the same way (unfortunately) - on a trajectory into a black hole.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1