Low Tier Fun • Duguay-Trouin

Frostbow

This French ship is my favorite Tier IV tech tree cruiser. Just like that Friant, the Duguay-Trouin is just one fun light cruiser to play in a tier that has been yearning for some love and attention from Wargaming. The ship is not overpowered, thinly armored even, but her speed and ballistics are comfortable.

The first time I saw this ship was on Narai. At that time, I was still grinding my first tech tree line, the IJN cruiser line. Duguay-Trouin was always the first one to blow up in that Operation whenever it was Narai week. LOL!

image.thumb.png.b924de154ba9e5966e910854818747c1.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

Just like that Friant

Friant is hilarious. She's like a baby Kleber in cruiser form. In fact, when the French destroyers were introduced and Kleber was revealed, I said "Hey, that's just Friant at Tier 10!!"

• Like 1

I remember how much fun these were, and how wonderful Emile Bertin was before they nerfed the torp range from 9km to 6 km in one go. 

• Like 1

Duguay is probably the strongest T4 cruiser. Excellent gun rage and very good torps, and she doesn't explode when you look at her funny like Danae.

14 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

Duguay is probably the strongest T4 cruiser. Excellent gun rage and very good torps, and she doesn't explode when you look at her funny like Danae.

Oh yeah! 😄