Mouse right button and the guns?

Admiral_Karasu

A quick question if anybody knows the answer (and saves me an hour of googling stuff) about how I remember the mouse right button used to work, and why it no longer works as I remember it.

IIRC, it used to be so that by keeping the right mouse button pressed you could look around while keeping your guns locked on the direction they were aimed at. Now, when I try to do that now the guns start moving around as if I was just using the regular mouse to look around.

Has something changed in general with how the controls work, or have I likely messed up something at my end and if so what it might be?

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Has something changed in general with how the controls work, or have I likely messed up something at my end and if so what it might be?

Works for me. Must be on your end.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Works for me. Must be on your end.

Do you happen to remember what that function is called by any chance?

RMB still works as stated on the can. If the RMB actually still works (context menu on desktop, e.g.) you're gonna need to check your settings. Will that be camera?

Yeah, here

image.thumb.png.70d2994ff020bc2cfa27660701e972e5.png

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A quick question if anybody knows the answer (and saves me an hour of googling stuff) about how I remember the mouse right button used to work, and why it no longer works as I remember it.

IIRC, it used to be so that by keeping the right mouse button pressed you could look around while keeping your guns locked on the direction they were aimed at. Now, when I try to do that now the guns start moving around as if I was just using the regular mouse to look around.

Lock turrets with control and X?

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

but in general you are right, sometimes if you move the camera with free look turrets still turn. maybe beacouse free look doesnt lock turrets.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Do you happen to remember what that function is called by any chance?

free look camera

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Okay, thanks. I'll need to check what my settings in game say, but not tonight, mañana, as they say.

• Like 1

A few times in this patch my right mouse click functionality has been wonky. Sometimes the drag-and-drop cursor would get stuck and not release even though it didn't function as if enabled. Right about the same time, I was not able to change my chat box from team to all. I restarted the game and it was fine after that. I also notice that there is a very slight lag in the snappiness of the UI when switching from the port to the armory or the different tabs. 

• Like 1