The Salty Sailor Saloon

Justin_Simpleton

Even though I'm restricted from using my native language which is basically English, I'll tell the tale of when I was in my Viribus Unitis facing double T6 CVs, double subs, and a few DDs to boot.

Domination. I was spawend on the left side with a sub and  DD and a thunderstorm was coming into our cap area.  I quickly, (23.6 knots) moved to the left border and picked off the enemy sub on our flank. Our sub helped a little. Then I held off a cruser and a BB while our DD took the cap.  The cruiser died by my mighty AP shells and of course my secondaries took out the enemy DD along with a little help from my allied DD.  I finished off two or three DDs on my way to cap B but then ran into a salmon which I just ran over and sunk.  

By now, the CVs noticed me heading through B to A.  I managed to dodge, DCon, and heal through the airstrikes and shooting down 67 planes in the process.

Of course we won and... I need another beer.  Cheers.

Edited by Justin_Simpleton
clarification
  • Like 2

....Oh, I'm just here to dance and serve drinks. Apparently this Saloon is short on Saloon Girls. Carry on, fine gentlemen forummites!! 😜

image.png.2d629393ecc10e7f5d5aad4d0564c39e.png

Y'all ordered a super salt? (heck, I'll make that a double!):

WestVirginia44_KRAKEN!_164k(6kills!).thumb.png.87e40c59d1a7ebbcaef6cad3ec04f536.pngWestVirginia44_KRAKEN!_184k(6kills!).thumb.png.493864bdbc022a72c2c0a7e6468f1d9e.png

When you just can't carry hard enough...😔

Edited by Sailor_Moon
  • Like 3

@Justin_Simpleton it is an outrageous crime that that game didn't go to Lord Zath for a replay showoff.

67 planes in a ship whose AA isn't much better than a mad Austrian with an 8mm automatic? Damn, son, you did well.

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

pleton it is an outrageous crime that that game didn't go to Lord Zath for a replay showoff.

67 planes in a ship whose AA isn't much better than a mad Austrian with an 8mm automatic? Damn, son, you did well.

Well, maybe I stretched story a little.  It was the Kansas that shot down the 67 planes in one game; the VU has a total of 4 planes killed.

Wanna see a replay of me dodging 72 torpedos with my Kremlin?  I caught 15%.

image.thumb.png.5459d467f8e5640845a1c89fcda9d888.png

I just updated ModStation and was doing a quick check to see if the mods were still working.  They are but what a horrible battle to endure to check it.  Tier V Iron Duke, Two Brothers, two CVs, two subs, and a couple dozen DDs.  The moment the game started I requested AA support and the reply was "Negative".  It was completely truthful.  My flank mates, a sub and DD died quickly, and the lemming train went the other direction.  One of the three enemy DDs got me afer chasing me from one corner to the other.

While I was treading water and looking for other survivors from my ship, I noticed the northern stars in the Northern Lights map.  There are way to many stars in the north and no bright stars.  Did someone move Earth to a different galaxy? Er, asking for a friend.

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

I read this title and I have know of a group, Steeleye Span for decades and decades....

Here's one of their "sailor songs"

Enjoy/

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Asym said:

I read this title and I have know of a group, Steeleye Span for decades and decades....

Here's one of their "sailor songs"

It might have been a subconscious thing on my part since I have been familiar with this group for decades. My favorite song 'Fighting for Strangers' always goes through my head when playing Queen Elizabeth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

It might have been a subconscious thing on my part since I have been familiar with this group for decades. My favorite song 'Fighting for Strangers' always goes through my head when playing Queen Elizabeth.

I have seen them perform in the 70's and 80" (when they were touring in the US.) and have all of their early albums....  Some of my favorite are Gaudete and Allison Gross.  Along with a lot of others "One Misty Moisty Morning" et al.....   It's a shame that so many of the musicians in the origins have passed.....  Maddie Prior, last I looked is still performing and of all of the "voices" I have listened to, hers is so unique, I believe this type of music was designed for her....

• Like 1

I swear, IRL but not in this forum, they are out to get me!

It was just going to be a short 3 hr. cruise in my Viribus. 

And THIS is what MM thinks I should play.  Double CVs, Triple subs, and ALL the enemy BBs are a tier higher.

image.thumb.png.d6867592d13c21d23bb3f9fa4e1bb2f9.png

Screenshot(428).thumb.png.6ccc07ac13f5c16d9c9f66b45786cfbc.pngScreenshot(429).thumb.png.68d798e395bd0af2879b14760b279813.pngScreenshot(430).thumb.png.0c24b60e6b8c3accae9524a39d129e52.png

It was a good day for our team and I lived. Replay available upon request.

• Like 1

I was drifting on the doldrums when I up and decided to play a DD.  How about a French one? Yeah, the only one is Friant.  But wait, it's has elite status so, I'll get the next one, the Guepard.  Funny thing was it came with the hull B and gun fire control system already unlocked. And it came with 167 ship xp. I checked my stats in-game and it doesn't show up because I never played it.  

42 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I was drifting on the doldrums when I up and decided to play a DD.  How about a French one? Yeah, the only one is Friant.  But wait, it's has elite status so, I'll get the next one, the Guepard.  Funny thing was it came with the hull B and gun fire control system already unlocked. And it came with 167 ship xp. I checked my stats in-game and it doesn't show up because I never played it.  

No time like the present to start grinding the French lines, eh?  🙂 

Two battles in so far.  I've improved from bottom to top of the bottom half!  Gotta review the tapes now.

3:55 seconds later...

Edited by HogHammer
Unplayable file (replay)

4 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Justin_SimpletonReplays at this time because the format cannot be uploaded.  That is on a to-do/take a look at list.

Replays are "perishable", in the sense that they no longer work after each WOWs update to a new version.
So, on this forum, they'd simply tie-up data-storage space.  I'm not sure of the pricing of data usage.  But perhaps we should consider cost-saving choices?

I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn how to convert my replays (while they still work) into youtube videos and host them on a youtube channel that I create.
That way they last longer.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'm thinking I'm going to have to learn how to convert my replays (while they still work) into youtube videos and host them on a youtube channel that I create.

Been working on that myself.  So far, OBS works for getting replays to mpg4 but not for editing the videos. I'm still working out why I would do that or if I can do something interesting with it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Replays are "perishable", in the sense that they no longer work after each WOWs update to a new version.
So, on this forum, they'd simply tie-up data-storage space.  I'm not sure of the pricing of data usage.  But perhaps we should consider cost-saving choices?

Well... there is Discord. I seem to have noticed that replays can be posted on Discord.

Your suggestion of converting them to videos is obviously better for a number of reasons. They can be viewed on a permanent basis, they can also be paused and rewound, or you can skip to certain parts.

• Thanks 1

Just visited the USS LST 325.  If anyone recognized me let me know.  I rate the ship safe for river travel but not for blue water.

• Like 2

A recent topic came up regarding the proper course of action to take in order to gain communication with the game developers.  One voice promotes the idea of gathering a bunch of players to quit the game en mass to... I don't exactly know what but the goal is to destroy the game.  There is another voice that says there is a better way to establish communication that avoids ending the game.  

I won't join any effort to destroy this game.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Whenever I see a pirate flag I always think of this band (The Sex Pistols) from the 80s. If you're easily offended I wouldn't watch it😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I knocked the snowflakes off my battleships starting with tier V and working up the tiers.  It was a pleasure playing all the ships until I got to tier 9 and 10.  My crappy ships did great.  Even the Iron Duke put in a fine performance.  But what is my problem with tiers 9 and 10?  I do well in tier 8 playing in tier 10, even with the Monarch.  So, I guess it's time to play those tier 9 & 10 BBs some more to figure out the meta in that group.  I still have to do the thing with cruisers but I may not bother.  

• Like 1