WG Will Do Anything And Everything To Get You To Sign Up On Everyone Of One There Social Media

tm63au

I got one more square to fill out of the mural and I have to follow them on Face book, this pisses me off no end.

Join YouTube, join discord ,join this join that for stupid codes, just give me a mission you morons.

AARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH   

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asym said:

Compulsion: accept it or reject it, there is not try........

one square and i'm finished, don't even know if I followed them properly, I cant see where my followers are on this stupid social media site  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Oh no, you have to click a button on a website. How horrible.  

I figure that depends upon how strong one's aversion is to associating their real name with their in-game name.
We used to be able to have "cool names" on Facebook, until a number of years ago when they tightened their protocols and required identification.
Perhaps other social media are less strict?  I'm simply not familiar with Twitter, for example.  So I don't know.

But generally speaking, I tend to avoid doing things which make my in-game name less anonymous.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, tm63au said:

one square and i'm finished, don't even know if I followed them properly, I cant see where my followers are on this stupid social media site  

1: You don't have to follow them to get the code.

2: You don't need a FB acct to see their FB posts. It will ask you to sign in/up for FB when you go to their page but you can still scroll their posts as a guest (most recent anyway). 

3: They haven't posted the code yet. Today is the date it is supposed to be there but they haven't actually done it yet (checked about 5 mins ago).

4: You can always just monitor this forum and reddit where someone will most certainly post the code later today.

I have no issue with WG promoting their SM sites. It is what businesses do these days. The thing is we don't have to participate in that. As a rule you can view their SM sites as a guest and the codes almost always get posted on the forums/reddit. Unless they tie the code to actually following/subscribing it is a non issue if you don't want to do SM.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, tm63au said:

I got one more square to fill out of the mural and I have to follow them on Face book, this pisses me off no end.

I have one more square left, also.  It tells me to watch a YouTube video and it was released Sept. 17.  I've watched at least a half-dozen videos and I don't know if they will tell me the code or I'm supposed to look for a clue somewhere on their site.  I'm done with this treasure hunt because it has nothing to do with enjoying the game as advertised which is to play ships. 

1 hour ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I have one more square left, also.  It tells me to watch a YouTube video and it was released Sept. 17.  I've watched at least a half-dozen videos and I don't know if they will tell me the code or I'm supposed to look for a clue somewhere on their site.  I'm done with this treasure hunt because it has nothing to do with enjoying the game as advertised which is to play ships. 

if you can find that video the code is quite possibly in the 2 minutes or its a set of numbers and letters that display on something like a radio.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, tm63au said:

if you can find that video the code is quite possibly in the 2 minutes or its a set of numbers and letters that display on something like a radio.

Okay, it's sort of like that easter egg hunt on the display port a couple years back.  Naw, I don't want to do that.  I would rather try to remember amor plate values.

• Like 1

WG certainly isnt doing anything or everything to get me to give them personal meta data to sell...

...the 'rewards' on offer are insultingly low value to me.

3 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

1: You don't have to follow them to get the code.

2: You don't need a FB acct to see their FB posts. It will ask you to sign in/up for FB when you go to their page but you can still scroll their posts as a guest (most recent anyway). 

3: They haven't posted the code yet. Today is the date it is supposed to be there but they haven't actually done it yet (checked about 5 mins ago).

4: You can always just monitor this forum and reddit where someone will most certainly post the code later today.

I have no issue with WG promoting their SM sites. It is what businesses do these days. The thing is we don't have to participate in that. As a rule you can view their SM sites as a guest and the codes almost always get posted on the forums/reddit. Unless they tie the code to actually following/subscribing it is a non issue if you don't want to do SM.

I don't think I got to see their FB page at all, I only see the banner and then the log in 'suggestions' always pops up telling me I need to log in to see the page.

20 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I don't think I got to see their FB page at all, I only see the banner and then the log in 'suggestions' always pops up telling me I need to log in to see the page.

You can close the popup (X in upper right corner) and then scroll the site

Image1.thumb.jpg.45cab1540ae913ac77bd4f7cb144ce25.jpg

Image3.thumb.jpg.0ba7f7eb5b1875bfdc6b81524b87cdb9.jpg

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

@AdmiralThunder Verry interesting...

...because I can't. I get this follow up... closing this one just makes it pop up again... and again and again...

image.thumb.png.23eb08736e48ab3b7efb1b73dfbfcfdf.png

Ok. That doesn't happen to me?

4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Ok. That doesn't happen to me?

2 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

It doesn't happen to me either. 

You two guys make me feel special. I don't want to feel special.

• Haha 2