WG/Lesta ?

armory

Hello to all forum members! I have a question to which I would like your answers.

If WG divided rU and the rest of the world then:

1. How do new ship models, photos of new captains, new mechanics (mines, air smoke...) get to the Lesta company? They give it all to her or sell it (why, since they separated?).

2. Why doesn’t Lesta develop its own ruSSist, ships with stars and “heroes” of world conquering captains, for example put-ler.

3. If after the separation of Ru/By our company WG is so difficult, then why did we players begin to put so much pressure on our wallets? main content ONLY for doubloons, so I play less and less. Is this beneficial for the WG company?

"...greed did not love Beale, greed destroyed Beale...".

Thank you for your opinions and answers, you are my best friends and like-minded people! 

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, armory said:

then why did we players begin to put so much pressure on our wallets?

Whatchoo talkin’ ‘bout, Willis???

Man, the tightest my wallet ever sleeps is when I’m playing WoWs.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Based on what we've seen since the break, I've been convinced the break is not as complete as it was first presented.  It seems both companies are indeed independent financially and management-wise, but collaborate on design, game adjustments, production, and outsourced work.  While WG does maintain its own capabilities, I suspect the needs of keeping the game progressing without a halt to production work made it more beneficial to keep some of the work division as it has been since the game launched.

Will this continue as we move on?  Will the companies diverge more and more as they make different decisions for differing markets?  Will the political situation change and the two merge once again?  Will the countries where Lesta is located degenerate to the point it has to close?  I don't think anyone knows the answers to these questions, so we'll have to keep a weather eye on the horizon.

• Like 4
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, armory said:

Hello to all forum members! I have a question to which I would like your answers.

1. Q. How do new ship models, photos of new captains, new mechanics (mines, air smoke...) get to the Lesta company? They give it all to her or sell it (why, since they separated?).

A. I don't know. The split between the two companies is widening and noticeable now. For example the Korbelli studio is nerfing CV and sub game play. Which leads me to believe the pro-CV WoWS developers have moved to the west. I don't think we will see the same changes done on the NA/EU/SEA servers. But that is my opinion.

2. Why doesn’t Lesta develop its own ruSSist, ships with stars and “heroes” of world conquering captains, for example put-ler.

A. They are. You need to look at the Russian WoWS Dev blog. There is a lot ships listed there. Nothing has been mention on our blog for the same ships.

3. If after the separation of Ru/By our company WG is so difficult, then why did we players begin to put so much pressure on our wallets? main content ONLY for doubloons, so I play less and less. Is this beneficial for the WG company?

A. You can still get some good rewards these days. WoWS rewards will not be like it was 5 years ago.  Maybe we are in the down cycle for WoWS, where it has suffered from pandemic, war, greed, mismanagement, etc? Play the way you want to. The object is to have fun with WoWS. If its no longer fun, then maybe you or I need to move on.

Thank you for your opinions and answers, you are my best friends and like-minded people! 

Here are some Flamu videos for some comparison analysis.

Edited by Tpaktop2_1 NA
  • Bored 2

1 hour ago, armory said:

1. How do new ship models, photos of new captains, new mechanics (mines, air smoke...) get to the Lesta company? They give it all to her or sell it (why, since they separated?).

I am not sure we should be discussing this.... 

Truth about finances and where profit goes isn't something we should be guessing on..... 

• Thanks 1

I would say we have started to see the results of the separation that was first announced in April 2022 over the last few months, as there are now significant balance changes being made for one game and not the other, completely different collaborations, etc. A lot of newer assets are still being used between the two games (new ship models, the “retrofuturism” content being visually the same as the MK-exclusive collaboration, etc), but we also don’t know how long those assets have been in the development pipeline and just how gradual the disengagement has been over the last year and a half.

Developments over the next few months are likely going to provide a lot of insight into just how complete the separation has become. If we still see both games using the same art assets there is obviously still some sort of collaboration occurring.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

I would say we have started to see the results of the separation that was first announced in April 2022 over the last few months, as there are now significant balance changes being made for one game and not the other, completely different collaborations, etc. A lot of newer assets are still being used between the two games (new ship models, the “retrofuturism” content being visually the same as the MK-exclusive collaboration, etc), but we also don’t know how long those assets have been in the development pipeline and just how gradual the disengagement has been over the last year and a half.

Developments over the next few months are likely going to provide a lot of insight into just how complete the separation has become. If we still see both games using the same art assets there is obviously still some sort of collaboration occurring.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

In the long term all monies from all servers goes to Victor Kisly and his extended family. They can add, subtract, multiply, divide, dodge and deflect all they want, but the result remains the same

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jakob Knight said:

Based on what we've seen since the break, I've been convinced the break is not as complete as it was first presented.  It seems both companies are indeed independent financially and management-wise, but collaborate on design, game adjustments, production, and outsourced work.  While WG does maintain its own capabilities, I suspect the needs of keeping the game progressing without a halt to production work made it more beneficial to keep some of the work division as it has been since the game launched.

Lesta has a license to develop and run WG's WoWs game.  Note the "develop" bit.  At the time of the split, both companies were working from the same 2-year+ development schedule, so it looked like they were collaborating.  They weren't.  We have started to see divergence now.  (I have some teammates who follow the RU devblogs etc.)  For instance, there was a recent round of ship changes by Lesta that were not mirrored by WG.  (Including bringing Henri IV back to its pre-nerf stats.) 

There are a few places where there is cooperation, of necessity.  But as far as I can tell, no one in Wargaming pays attention to what Lesta is doing, except perhaps as a matter of curiosity. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

This is pretty much it.

We know from past WG videos that the ship design and modeling process (for new ships, not clones) is about two years. Likewise, other game content is probably on that same two-year design/production schedule. So a lot of the design/ship/event similarities between the two games so far started pre-split.

The next few months would be where we see the actual divergence starting, since we’re running out of that 2+ years of scheduled content. If we’re still seeing a lot of similarities after that point, then we know there’s more collaboration going on behind the scenes.

For example, there have already been different balance changes between the two games. RU Schill is now a torp focused cruiser with faster torp reload, better range, and torp reload boost. Tsurugi recently got buffs to dispersion and heal that we haven’t. (Edit: and of course we get a dev blog as I’m typing this — our Tsurugi got an accuracy buff too (although to Azuma/Yoshino dispersion instead of “cruiser” dispersion, but that could be a translation issue on the RU blog), but no heal change. And then there’s the long list from a bit ago of old ships getting buffs (like Henri getting her engine back). 

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The can be only one...

Spoiler

Lesta Cafeteria Napkin Cabinet in existance.

There, that should see any and all your queries adequately answered. image.gif.e6c02d71baba3f27e944d9eb24a533ab.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thank you everyone for your opinions!

Now I understand that WG works like I live with my neighbor: During the day we are enemies and at night (well, you get the idea). It benefits her and me.

Edited by HogHammer
Descriptive language edit
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, armory said:

It's fake they are one parent company, elseways there would be all kinds of copyright issues in lesta copying WG content.

But there isn't, why because it's the same company...

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

It's fake they are one parent company, elseways there would be all kinds of copyright issues in lesta copying WG content.

But there isn't, why because it's the same company...

Wouldn't the "License(s)" mentioned by @iDuckman solve such concerns?

Quote:

19 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Lesta has a license to develop and run WG's WoWs game.  Note the "develop" bit.  At the time of the split, both companies were working from the same 2-year+ development schedule, so it looked like they were collaborating.  They weren't.  We have started to see divergence now.  (I have some teammates who follow the RU devblogs etc.)  For instance, there was a recent round of ship changes by Lesta that were not mirrored by WG.  (Including bringing Henri IV back to its pre-nerf stats.) 

There are a few places where there is cooperation, of necessity.  But as far as I can tell, no one in Wargaming pays attention to what Lesta is doing, except perhaps as a matter of curiosity. 

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Wouldn't the "License(s)" mentioned by @iDuckman solve such concerns?

Quote:

Irrespective of this you cannot disprove they are the same company

• Bored 1

Just now, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Nor can anyone prove they are.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

So this is moot point then

So this is a forum. Neither absence of proof on any subject nor inability to obtain proof of same has ever stopped anyone from believing or propounding anything.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Utt_Bugglier said:

Nor can anyone prove they are.

Well.. technically speaking, if it were a case that Lesta Studios and Wargaming were one company, that would need to show up on all corporate related material, specifically tax and financial records. If it didn't, and it was the case that they are all one company, it could get very sticky for them very fast when that was found out.

Another question is who owns these companies, who has the controlling interest in them. That still wouldn't make them one company, but if the same people or companies were holding the controlling interest in both of them, it would make them very closely related. Personally, I have no idea how closely connected they were before the split to begin with.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

I suggest that we all stick to the facts we can prove and/or cite sources for.
Otherwise we're merely engaging in speculation, at best.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I suggest that we all stick to the facts we can prove and/or cite sources for.
Otherwise we're merely engaging in speculation, at best.

True, but speculation is such wicked fun, isn't it?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It makes for a good movie plot.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I am not so sure having to uninstall a game you like is fun. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

So this is moot point then

No, because you made a specific claim.  Failure to prove the contrary does not make your claim true.  Rather, there is evidence, in the form of testimony, that your claim is false.  Further, now that the two products are diverging, there also is some objective evidence that they are not the same company.  Further still, we know that Wargaming executed a "develop and run" license with a Chinese company.  China does not allow the corporate shenanigans that you're suggesting.

Why would you insist that they are the same company?  Does it make you feel better to uncover "a conspiracy"?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

54 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I'm reminded of the phrase, "truth is stranger than fiction".

Edited to add:  If I want entertainment, I know of plenty of places to get it.  

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1