Botting

Efros

I know the general attitude to this is yay more XP for me, but to me it is just downright wrong and it is becoming endemic. The longer WG goes on without taking appropriate action the more and more botters we're going to see. These arsewipes should not be allowed to do this stuff, our game is in bad enough shape without these guys dragging it down further. WG needs to reinstitute the bot report which used to be available on the plays poorly menu on the team roster, and actually do something about the reports they are receiving. Currently they are evidently doing bugger all, as I see the usual suspects doing this crap on a daily basis, some of them have been at it for 6 months or more.

• Like 5

Yeah. 
Filing a Ticket with cutomer service is more of a hassle, for players.
Processing a customer service ticket seems to be a task that WG/WOWs wants to reduce their labor expenditures on?

• Like 2

They told me several months ago not to file tickets on this topic as the in game reporting was doing its job. Their definition of doing your job deviates hugely from mine I think.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Efros said:

They told me several months ago not to file tickets on this topic as the in game reporting was doing its job. Their definition of doing your job deviates hugely from mine I think.

Same here. I filed multiple complaints against a 100% botter (always uses Kearsarge - briefly Rupprecht for some reason but 99% Kearsarge) and included replays. CS couldn't have cared less. I was given a canned response about use the automated system and then they closed the ticket and marked it resolved. 🤬

I contacted NA CM Ahskance with the replays to see if he would help (that is how we got old Johnny Freedom/Forum Troll on NA ie; a NA CM stepping in). One big and massively fat NOPE! He wanted nothing to do with it.

Last ditch effort I tried Bogzzy. He took the info and said he would look into it but the botter continues to bot. They did vanish briefly (a ban?) but are now back to their old tricks. There are a couple others who routinely do the EXACT same thing now. One is always in Schroeder and the other uses multiple ships. I see other ones quite often too that aren't on my blacklist yet so new people seen doing it. As you said it is growing at an alarming rate.

It disgusts me how much WG does not care and how CS flat out refuses to do their damn job. Just LOOK at the replays and it is clear what is going on. Not a fan of the CM's apparently not giving a crap either. It is truly sad.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Efros said:

I think that may be a automatic response that everyone gets.

Many months ago in a co-op game I saw a ship sail through the map and get stuck on the far boarder.

I was able to freecam and look at the ship and the turrets were wiggling up/down left/right.

They were probably using a mouse wiggle program to avoid the auto-afk detect software.

I put in support ticket, included the replay, mentioned in the ticket that that player was probably using a program to get around the AFK detection and got the same reply you did.

I did however keep note of the account name and after a few days that account stopped playing.

A month or two later they still weren't playing.

...... I just check via wows-numbers, still no games (co-op or otherwise) on that account.

WG do take action against botters / people who use programs to avoid the AFK detection and they do look at Support Tickets reporting botter account, they just don't like to tell us they do 😛

And that is probably because of the angry people who will put in 100's of support tickets a week reporting everyone they don't like as bots.

If the angry people think it does nothing, they don't put in Support Tickets 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I agree ... it's getting ridiculous at this point.

In another thread there has been discussion about how clearly desperate WG are for money ... and I'm wondering to what extent they are cutting corners internally on hiring competent staff, and carrying out the necessary duties to maintain the game.

I wonder if they simply don't have the resources to deal with the botters ... both in terms of addressing tickets reporting botters, and in terms of devs who can code to prevent the botting in the first place.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Botting increases player count... 

Yep. That is what I suspect WG has been doing. 

On 9/29/2023 at 7:51 AM, AdmiralThunder said:

I contacted NA CM Ahskance with the replays to see if he would help (that is how we got old Johnny Freedom/Forum Troll on NA ie; a NA CM stepping in). One big and massively fat NOPE! He wanted nothing to do with it.

He got lazy, probably. Or he probably knew something that needs to be concealed under wraps—perhaps the one doing the botting are Wargaming themselves to increase their player count. LOL

2 hours ago, Frostbow said:

He got lazy, probably. Or he probably knew something that needs to be concealed under wraps—perhaps the one doing the botting are Wargaming themselves to increase their player count. LOL

I don't know so much about the stuff he had to say in the other forums, but he was frequently caught out ... 'mis-communicating' in the PVE forum. I suspect that after that, he was under orders to avoid certain subjects altogether.

• Like 1

Seen one botter-always pink.never moves from spawn most of the time or travels in a straight line through the map-1 letter 4 numbers name.

First letter of name is a capital G.

Usually early am eu server.

I just had a game with 3 botters on my team, 2 Rupprechts and a Schroder. Both Rupprechts beached on the island in front of their spawn and the schroder wound up in the furthest border. Rupprects were triggering Sonar whenever it was available. The match was almost a defeat but for a Pommern who managed to save the day, he was as pissed as I was I think. Some kind of tie in to AA and secondaries only being active if keyboard activity is detected, one of the Rupps just sat on an island and scored two kills from secondaries only.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Efros said:

came across this sad sack this morning botting in a Cataluna. Why bother?

Look on the bright side...it leaves more on the table for you 🤣.

On 9/28/2023 at 5:17 PM, Efros said:

I know the general attitude to this is yay more XP for me

3 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Look on the bright side...it leaves more on the table for you 🤣.

One of the botters I keep an eye on has a new trick. They use Graf Zeppelin and their program has it launch planes which circle the CV then come back and land right off. The rest is the usual pathing program they usually use.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

One of the botters I keep an eye on has a new trick. They use Graf Zeppelin and their program has it launch planes which circle the CV then come back and land right off. The rest is the usual pathing program they usually use.

I have a stupid question:  is there a time zone when botting is more prevalent?  I have been playing this game for several years now and I have not yet, seen a human BOT....  A lot of stupid humans;  several humans in COOP that were stupider than BOTs, but, never someone intentionally botting?

When did you encounter them?

2 hours ago, Asym said:

I have a stupid question:  is there a time zone when botting is more prevalent?  I have been playing this game for several years now and I have not yet, seen a human BOT....  A lot of stupid humans;  several humans in COOP that were stupider than BOTs, but, never someone intentionally botting?

When did you encounter them?

Based on the responses I'm guessing that it is early morning-ish (3-9 Eastern time.)  I wonder if it they are in another region, but playing on the NA server.

• Thanks 2

@Asym I tend to see them early mornings on NA, although I have seen them occasionally at other times. A quick peek at their stats will usually confirm suspicions, appalling stats for the ship they are driving and fairly normal stats for most of the rest.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Efros said:

@Asym I tend to see them early mornings on NA, although I have seen them occasionally at other times. A quick peek at their stats will usually confirm suspicions, appalling stats for the ship they are driving and fairly normal stats for most of the rest.

Just as a hunch, if you're up and watching during those times, see if the player count has a threshold when the heavy botting starts... that will indicate that it's a WG thing.

Personally, I'd prefer matches with 6 AI commanders on the green team, but that doesn't help the player count stat from the WG perspective.

Have fun and don't sweat the stupid stuff!