Yeah, Wargambling is full of it.....

Andrewbassg

I had a brawl, where we lost. I sunk their dd first (last ship, Shinonome) and then he sunk me ( Nurnberg) . BUT, the difference was more than 1 sec, per the replay.

So yeah, esport ready my *ss.....

Edited by Andrewbassg

39 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Post the replay or shut it.

1.  None of us can post replays, here.  They're not a supported file type on this forum.
2.  The "choose files" button seems to be invisible for myself and some other forum members, currently.  So we can't post images and other supported file types.
3.  @I_cant_Swim_ has mentioned devoting time & effort towards a solution.  But, the solution remains elusive, for the moment.

As I see it, the work-around would be to convert a replay file into a youtube video and post a link to it.

As for the described game-play situation, I wonder if ping/lag conditions could explain the delay?
Was there severe lag during the game @Andrewbassg ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

1.  None of us can post replays, here.  They're not a supported file type on this forum.
2.  The "choose files" button seems to be invisible for myself and some other forum members, currently.  So we can't post images and other supported file types.
3.  @I_cant_Swim_ has mentioned devoting time & effort towards a solution.  But, the solution remains elusive, for the moment.

As I see it, the work-around would be to convert a replay file into a youtube video and post a link to it.

As for the described game-play situation, I wonder if ping/lag conditions could explain the delay?
Was there severe lag during the game @Andrewbassg ?

1.3. Yep. But can be worked around. By uploading elsewhere and posting the links 

2.We exceeded our total upload quota. Me by 390% A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

As for lag ......idk.... not really. Playing from EU to NA I have around 100-150. On EU around  20-35.

Yes. You should be able to upload replays and related content to a size of 5 megs per post. Space is very limited for now, but we'll see what leeway we have to tweak things as we go forward. 

• Thanks 3

26 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yes. You should be able to upload replays and related content to a size of 5 megs per post. Space is very limited for now, but we'll see what leeway we have to tweak things as we go forward. 

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

I have two posts with  LOTS of images. Will seek to do somethin about them

• Like 1

Could be some of the wonky ways the servers and code calculate damage.

I've had single dive bombing strikes clearly register two SEPARATE instances of damage...and I'm not sure why.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Could be some of the wonky ways the servers and code calculate damage.

I've had single dive bombing strikes clearly register two SEPARATE instances of damage...and I'm not sure why.

Each bomb is counted separately.  Same for torpedoes and rockets, I think.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Each bomb is counted separately.  Same for torpedoes and rockets, I think.

All bombs land at the same time though, and usually the damage comes up as like one salvo...

Except occasionally, when it doesn't.

2 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

All bombs land at the same time though, and usually the damage comes up as like one salvo...

Except occasionally, when it doesn't.

The system checks every (IIRC) 1/7 of a second, so if the salvos land on different "cycles" it cannot aggregate them. While this is obvious if you are "ripple firing" (holding down the LMB) it can also happen if you have a larger ship (or slower shells) and the damage "landing" breaks cross 2 cycles, where the "front" and "back" of a salvo land on different assessment cycles.

Atlanta and her sisters should be fairly easy to replicate this on, if you fire at a ship around 30 degrees off your bow or stern (preferably an angling battleship) 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SureBridge said:

The system checks every (IIRC) 1/7 of a second, so if the salvos land on different "cycles" it cannot aggregate them. While this is obvious if you are "ripple firing" (holding down the LMB) it can also happen if you have a larger ship (or slower shells) and the damage "landing" breaks cross 2 cycles, where the "front" and "back" of a salvo land on different assessment cycles.

Atlanta and her sisters should be fairly easy to replicate this on, if you fire at a ship around 30 degrees off your bow or stern (preferably an angling battleship) 

Maybe...

The delay was closer to a full second than a tenth of a second.

I always took it as some lag between my computer and the server...or as a situation where the server hadn't finished the calculation of penetration and module damage in the previous cycle...or something like that.

Could be a number of things.

• Like 1

On 9/29/2023 at 7:20 AM, Andrewbassg said:

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

I have two posts with  LOTS of images. Will seek to do somethin about them

Make an imgur account and host them there.  That's what I do for my articles and they're super-graphic heavy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1