Any Word on New Tech Tree Lines?

Japanese battleships (battlecruisers) are entering early access next patch. The other lines in the works that have been announced are Soviet Submarines and US CVs.

2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

and US CVs.

Specifically US support CVs (Independence, Yorktown, Essex).

By then, no doubt we'll have a Winter Waterline that will clue us up as to what to expect in the early part of 2024. 

Considering the high speed introduction that have been the last year, I am a little surprised that a new line have not been announced for quite some time.

Maybe the split have something to do with it?

5 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

Pan American BBs or DDs?

European cruisers?

Commonwealth cruisers?

Dutch DDs?

I must say I am really suprised how fun and interesting Pan american cruisers are and I am not even a cruiser fan.

Hope the other Pan american lines be that interesting, BBs and DDs.

I didnt like the spanish one, they feel slugish and slow.

6 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I must say I am really suprised how fun and interesting Pan american cruisers are and I am not even a cruiser fan.

Hope the other Pan american lines be that interesting, BBs and DDs.

As far as the pan-am cruisers go, you’re in a tiny minority there. Their entire gameplay hinges on a poorly designed gimmick and they only get passably good at tier X. Everything else is butt cheeks level of bad(or meh at absolute best).

8 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I didnt like the spanish one, they feel slugish and slow.

LoL, 35-37 knots is slow now for a cruiser? Their maneuverability is quite good over all actually. Spanish cruisers thus far are the best line released this year without question. They have excellent guns, decent armor, good overall maneuverability, a powerful gimmick, and a repair party starting at tier VII.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MBT808 said:

As far as the pan-am cruisers go, you’re in a tiny minority there. Their entire gameplay hinges on a poorly designed gimmick and they only get passably good at tier X. Everything else is butt cheeks level of bad(or meh at absolute best).

LoL, 35-37 knots is slow now for a cruiser? Their maneuverability is quite good over all actually. Spanish cruisers thus far are the best line released this year without question. They have excellent guns, decent armor, good overall maneuverability, a powerful gimmick, and a repair party starting at tier VII.

By accident I reset the Pan-Am cruisers. Decided to go for it anyway. The ships at T5-T7 are average at best, with the T6 being quite ok.

From T8 and up they are just bad, thanks to AP that does very little to DDs and BBs. They are  a radar line with bad anti-DD armament.

The Spaniards are the highlight of the last few new lines. I enjoy them across the board.

16 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The ships at T5-T7 are average at best, with the T6 being quite ok.

From T8 and up they are just bad, thanks to AP that does very little to DDs and BBs. They are  a radar line with bad anti-DD armament.

Sure you didn't mean the tier V? I remember the tier V being decent(though its hard to say for sure with all the newbies at tier V), but the tier VI was hot garbage levels of bad. It was horrible to play, with the tier VII being not much better.

The main problem is that the Combat instructions gimmick doesn't really work until tier X, its somewhat works at tier VIII-IX but not well and it basically doesn't work at all at tier VI cause of your short range and the stupidly fast degradation of the progress bar. Cruisers objectively aren't that threatened either. Especially at high tiers where they out range you and have HE that damages all your extremities. Not to mention without the combat instructions, your consumables are shackled to a insanely long cool down. They need the combat instructions for the consumables to even work, but you only really use the combat instructions for Radar and repair party.

Not to mention the RN CL line already exists, which does essentially the same thing without the gimmick.

7 hours ago, MBT808 said:

This was my personal opinion not general.

12 hours ago, MBT808 said:

If you're actively trading with an enemy, then you'll consistently get your gimmick. Its literally what it was designed for: sustained trading. (and consequently restricted for being good at it)

It also heals substantially more than RN CLs over the course of a match.

This makes the PanAM CLs and RN CLs almost polar opposites despite being AP CLs. One is meant to play hide and seek, the other is actively trading while holding flanks.

Edited by Verytis
  • Like 1