Captain's Club

PrairiePlayer

I see WG is jumping on the affinity group wagon with their Captain's Club.  Another attempt to leave no monetary stone unturned.  I am not saying it is bad as a lot of entities use affinity groups leverage their brands (and make money), just interesting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I see WG is jumping on the affinity group wagon with their Captain's Club.  Another attempt to leave no monetary stone unturned.  I am not saying it is bad as a lot of entities use affinity groups leverage their brands (and make money), just interesting. 

The what now?

I just watched a video on Xtwitter about this club.  It seems to be targeting those who have never played the game.  It doesn't seem to be welcoming those who ARE playing the game.  They want people to play at least once a month.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It seems to be about these partnership deals. My initial impression was a bunch of kids in a treehouse sitting around wearing paper hats. Was I far off the mark?

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It seems to be about these partnership deals. My initial impression was a bunch of kids in a treehouse sitting around wearing paper hats. Was I far off the mark?

I'm seeing only one person in the ad who looks happy about his paycheck.  The offers are discounts for things to do instead of playing WoWs. 

• Like 3

What is an affinity group in marketing?

Affinity marketing is a concept that consists of a partnership between a company (supplier) and an organization that gathers persons sharing the same interests to bring a greater consumer base to their service, product or opinion. This partnership is known as an affinity group.
  • Thanks 3

33 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I'm seeing only one person in the ad who looks happy about his paycheck.  The offers are discounts for things to do instead of playing WoWs. 

'Things to do instead of playing WoWS'? Maybe WG hasn't thought this all the way through....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Maybe WG hasn't thought this all the way through....

You get that feeling a lot with their recent changes and additions.

• Like 5

So, I'm in the process of reading the terms of agreement for the Captain's Club and I come across this paragraph of capitalized letters.  I always find a paragraph or more in legal documents.  I wonder why the guardians of English usage, via legal definitions and policies, do this because it doesn't clarify anything and it actually makes it harder to read since a person has to look for the periods and commas.  So, that's what I'm going to do now so I can finish reading it.

1. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ANY OF SPONSOR’S GAMES (OR ANY PART OF EITHER) OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS PROGRAM MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH PARTICIPANT (OR, IF THE PARTICIPANT IS NOT OF AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE LEGAL GUARDIANS THEREOF) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPANT’S BREACH OF THESE RULES.
Edited by Justin_Simpleton
  • Like 2

I'm in the Captain's Club!  I didn't supply any additional information or money.  The terms of agreement is just the standard legal weasel-words saying that if you are a jerk and want to go after them with your lawyer they already have their coverage.  I'm waiting to see if they will ever tell me what rewards I can expect.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE SPONSOR’S WEBSITE OR ANY OF SPONSOR’S GAMES (OR ANY PART OF EITHER) OR UNDERMINE THE OPERATION OF THIS PROGRAM MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD ANY SUCH ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS LICENSEES (IF ANY) RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND ANY OTHER AVAILABLE REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SUCH ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. EACH PARTICIPANT (OR, IF THE PARTICIPANT IS NOT OF AGE OF MAJORITY IN HIS/HER STATE OF RESIDENCE, THE LEGAL GUARDIANS THEREOF) AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD THE SPONSOR HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES AND/OR LIABILITIES (INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND EXPENSES) THAT MAY BE ASSERTED AGAINST OR INCURRED BY ANY OF THEM AT ANY TIME, IN CONNECTION WITH PARTICIPANT’S BREACH OF THESE RULES.

Waat.....

Careful folks, maybe Wedgie gonna sue if we badmouth don't praise their stellar initiative ...

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

'Things to do instead of playing WoWS'? Maybe WG hasn't thought this all the way through....

On the other hand given how their code optimisation is the water cooling block colab makes sense I guess… 😅

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yesss, you AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHRRRRR!!!!

Uh-oh…wait…that actually means you’re right???!!!

• Haha 1