Dat Deployment

LittleWhiteMouse

I'm glad I was in something that didn't have a near 1000m turn radius.  Poor Shchors on that map.

One of the things I wanted Wargaming to do is make a new "How it works" for map spawning? I would like to know the WG game mechanics behind opening spawn selection before the battle starts. For example, why are ships map spawned are so close to other team mates? Why are ships spawned to islands as shown in your example OP.

Why are DD's, CA's, or BB's not balanced (port or starboard) on spawn deployment? It appears they are all slanted in their deployment instead of spread out on the map for spawn deployment.

So far all I get are cricket sounds

• Like 1

I took this screenshot a while back to raise the question "How far back are they willing to push the spawns?" but then forgot to post. I just remembered it thanks to this thread.

shot-23_09.05_23_46_46-0586.thumb.jpg.18a1d6682b55e37b936f8c2864656759.jpg

Seriously ... any further and we'd be on the next map.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yesterday I watched the timer and it took like almost 3 minutes to get to any kind of engagment. Then if your side clears every enemy, guess what, you need again 3-4 minutes to get to other side to fight. I think map sizes are not good especially in rankes where its 6vs6. On some maps it takes so looong to get to other side if you clear your side and im ranked that happens a lot.

2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I'm glad I was in something that didn't have a near 1000m turn radius.  Poor Shchors on that map.

The real fun is when you get stuck with such a spawn in a US Fattleship with a top speed of 20 knots and have to wheeze while running backwards at a stunning 5 knots to get enough of an angle to not velcro on the island before being able to actually sail ahead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

yesterday I watched the timer and it took like almost 3 minutes to get to any kind of engagment. Then if your side clears every enemy, guess what, you need again 3-4 minutes to get to other side to fight. I think map sizes are not good especially in rankes where its 6vs6. On some maps it takes so looong to get to other side if you clear your side and im ranked that happens a lot.

Just don't forget that Cv's exist A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

As other flyin' monkes....

3 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

What the heck. . .

Yep.
Been there, done that.
Thanks for sharing the humor.  🙂 

2 hours ago, Kynami said:

The real fun is when you get stuck with such a spawn in a US Fattleship with a top speed of 20 knots and have to wheeze while running backwards at a stunning 5 knots to get enough of an angle to not velcro on the island before being able to actually sail ahead.

Yes... been there.

Still, none of this is really bad, like what happend in WoT at one time, when your tank could spawn inside a rock.

I got something similar in one of my terrible Patrie games yesterday. It's always felt sadistic to me how they let some fat BB spawn behind an island like that, so you get to delay going into action even longer.

11 minutes ago, MnemonScarlet said:

I got something similar in one of my terrible Patrie games yesterday. It's always felt sadistic to me how they let some fat BB spawn behind an island like that, so you get to delay going into action even longer.

In the meantime.. would you believe there's always at least one BB going for that island.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

In the meantime.. would you believe there's always at least one BB going for that island.

Sadly people like to hide BBs behind islands way too much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MnemonScarlet said:

Sadly people like to hide BBs behind islands way too much.

My theory is that those rocks are highly magnetic. Sometimes I've seen half a team all next to the same rock.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

My theory is that those rocks are highly magnetic. Sometimes I've seen half a team all next to the same rock.

But they aren't half as magnetic as the smoke clouds! Just watch as all potential spotting, your entire team's stock of DDs, and the entire enemy team's stock of torpedoes are sucked into the smoke cloud like magic.

• Haha 2

I saw a sub spawn grounded against an island, but it was his stern that was touching. It was aligned about 90 degrees to the remainder of the team. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...