What to take for Illinois in slot 6?

VedranSeawolf359

Hey Mates, I take Illinois and seems that I will like it due its fast firing guns but I am not sure what to take for her in slot 6 Main Battery Modification 3 or Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2? I usually take Battery Modification 3

Attached is what I am using for my Illinois. For the 6th slot its Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2. The RoF increase for Main Battery Modification 3 is not strong enough to gain the -12% RoF increase. You go from a base of 9 seconds RoF to 7.92 or 8 secs rounded up using the Main Battery Modification 3 . Add also you will lose main battery traverse speed by 13%.  I would rather have the extra range and the dispersion reduction for the Des Moines guns used by the Illinois. I love to lob shells over the islands.

shot-23.09.26_06.15.22-0436.jpg

• Like 4

Illinois has CC/CB dispersion and 1.8 sigma, which for 203mm guns with 14mm overmatch is quite poor. Like all US BBs she also does not have access to the -7% dispersion buff from Aiming Systems Mod 1 in slot 3.

I run the same upgrade in slot 6 that I run on every other tier IX and X US BB: Artillery Plotting Room Mod 2 for -11% dispersion. 

• Like 2

Currently running MBM3 (reduces base 9 sec reload to 7.9 sec). Accuracy is not great but it is not bad either. Might try APRM2 at some point to see if losing the 1.1 sec reload reduction from MBM3 is worth it in improved accuracy from APRM2.

Tbh, it feels to me like these things that are supposed to increase accuracy (ASM1, APRM2, Yamato UU, etc...) don't deliver anymore. Seems like accuracy is pretty much the same with or without them which is why I went MBM3 even though it is a small reduction in reload.

EDIT - so just for giggles I just went and played a couple games. Ran the ship with MBM3 as equipped for a baseline/refresher. Then swapped MBM3 out for APRM2 and tried that. While accuracy "overall" seemed improved "a little" there were still a lot of wild and blown patterns and it didn't feel like it was a massive accuracy improvement. As I said ^^^ it seems like these things just don't work as advertised.  Also of note I lost a kill because even at 9 sec reload it was too long to finish off a ship I did 99% of the damage to before someone swiped it. I would have finished it at 7.9 sec reload.

Bottom line I don't think you will be wrong to go MBM3 or APRM2. Try them both (if you can afford it credit wise) and see which you prefer.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2

It's got to the point with any of the modules and captain skills that I just don't trust them if they're based off some form of percentage of RNG. Fire chance, in particular, just seems completely rigged on most ships.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

30 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

You just described 99.99% of WG and WOWS! 🤣

5wPH3Bo.gif

to be fair there is so much RNG in world of warships is hard to believe otherwise. i mean the latest discovery i am aware of was random health on modules.

only gods know what other RNG checks are hidden in the code.

back to illinois, accuracy sems the logical choice but since this ship is a meme i put reload and instead of fire prevention i put furious to give HE spammers a taste of their own medicine 😆 

Edited by pepe_trueno
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

Hey Mates, I take Illinois and seems that I will like it due its fast firing guns but I am not sure what to take for her in slot 6 Main Battery Modification 3 or Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2? I usually take Battery Modification 3

I initially went all in for secondaries and MBM3 for maximum ROF on all guns (co-op main BTW) and found this not to my liking; the main guns felt lacking in reach and precision. I switched to APR mods 1 and 2 and am much happier.