A suggestion. Maybe.

SunkCostFallacy
Go to solution Solved by Admiral_Karasu,

I have to preface this with a disclaimer: I don't know if what I'm going to suggest is possible, and even if it is, it may not be worth the effort. I'd like this, but it's quite likely that most people wouldn't use this feature so I can absolutely understand if the idea ends up in the bit bucket.

As my signature notes ... from time to time I get carried away and make long posts. Currently I have to parenthesise (i.e put things in brackets like I am right now) when I want to explain or expand on something I've just said. That can make some of my sentences a bit tortuous and I have to go back and rephrase them or even take out the clarification/expansion altogether.

On other forums, for instance reddit, I was able to use footnotes for such things. This cleaned up my posts significantly. The fact that I'm a big Terry Pratchett fan is entirely irrelevant, so there! smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

So my suggestion: If possible I'd like to see DevStrike implement superscript.

• Like 3

• Solution

Lol. I have a bad habit of jumping ahead and first I read your initial sentence as 'I don't know what I'm going to suggest'...

Okay, levities aside, I only now noticed I haven't been using it... HOWEVER.... I noticed something else just now....

DevStrike has you covered already, mate. Just look to the right of the bar for the x2 and x2 buttons.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

If possible I'd like to see DevStrike implement superscript

Hmm? It's right there, mate.1

A solution. Certainly.

1 Though maybe it wasn't quite there before? Are you sure?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Hmm? It's right there, mate.1

A solution. Certainly.

1 Though maybe it wasn't quite there before? Are you sure?

Did you do some.. ninja stuff there?

I hate to be a pest ... but where?

This is the editor window I see and I can't see the buttons you're referring to?

superscript1.thumb.jpg.aed266992ffb304e33b5359c4e666c72.jpg

LOL!

Ok - I just updated my browser ... apparently for some reason autoupdate was disabled.

NOW I can see the button.

Sorry to have wasted your time Gents. How embarrassing.1

1. Worth it though ... now I get to look even more geeky! 😄

Edited by SunkCostFallacy
  • Thanks 1

Teeheehee

Oh the private little joys of being admin.

56 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Did you do some.. ninja stuff there?

maybe a little...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Now I'm the one having trouble seeing/finding the "choose files" button.  🤔

It's all a bit weird.

I was using the darkly theme, but I can't see the any of the page buttons in that ... I can see that there is something to click on if I hover over them, but not they aren't visible.

I figured it's because I use Palemoon and Waterfox, because I don't like any of the 'big' web browsers.

54 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I figured it's because I use Palemoon and Waterfox, because I don't like any of the 'big' web browsers.

It isn't because of your browser. I know of the issue. Will get around to solving it, at some point.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

It's all a bit weird.

I was using the darkly theme, but I can't see the any of the page buttons in that ... I can see that there is something to click on if I hover over them, but not they aren't visible.

5 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

It isn't because of your browser. I know of the issue. Will get around to solving it, at some point.

I'm using "Opera" web-browser.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2023 at 1:50 AM, SunkCostFallacy said:

I have to preface this with a disclaimer: I don't know if what I'm going to suggest is possible, and even if it is, it may not be worth the effort. I'd like this, but it's quite likely that most people wouldn't use this feature so I can absolutely understand if the idea ends up in the bit bucket.

As my signature notes ... from time to time I get carried away and make long posts. Currently I have to parenthesise (i.e put things in brackets like I am right now) when I want to explain or expand on something I've just said. That can make some of my sentences a bit tortuous and I have to go back and rephrase them or even take out the clarification/expansion altogether.

On other forums, for instance reddit, I was able to use footnotes for such things. This cleaned up my posts significantly. The fact that I'm a big Terry Pratchett fan is entirely irrelevant, so there! smileytongue.gif.fe902ab22717c1b5f4145a5a20d211c2.gif

So my suggestion: If possible I'd like to see DevStrike implement superscript.

your just living the light fantastic  on your turtle arent you 

• Haha 1