Mods & Settings subdividing

Chobittsu

For optimum organizing, we'll need to branch this area for:
- Manuals, for HOW to make mods
- Interface Mods, menus and the like
- Graphical Mods, for pretty explosions, scenery, flags, etc etc
- Sound Mods, for stuff like effects, voices and music
- Misc, for all the stuff inbetween
- Modpacks, where stuff like Aslain can put his installer, or for folk like me who have mods that do more than just one of the above divisions

• Thanks 1

Yes, in essence the subdivisions need to be planned out carefully. My impression of the old forum was that it maybe got a little fragmented. Maybe that's just me, but there were many sub-sections I think I never visited because they were hidden behind successive layers or something. That's my impression at least and I would advice against adding what can be 'too many' layers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an interesting question.  The only reason mods were allowed in the game is because they were posted on the official Forums for the game.  Since those no longer exist in any updated form, could WG ban any mods whatsoever as unsanctioned now?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Here's an interesting question.  The only reason mods were allowed in the game is because they were posted on the official Forums for the game.  Since those no longer exist in any updated form, could WG ban any mods whatsoever as unsanctioned now?

If they're just posted here, they don't have any sort of WG approval and could result in bans.

However, there's still the mod section on the official discord that has the same sort of "must be approved by WG to post" criteria. So if the mods posted here are also posted and approved on discord, then that would count as being approved. We'd just be getting them from a link posted here rather than a link posted on discord.

They're also still maintaining the official Modstation, which by definition is all approved mods. And Aslain's is still maintaining that pack and posting it on discord (collecting mods that are also posted on discord), so approved by extension.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jakob Knight said:

Here's an interesting question.  The only reason mods were allowed in the game is because they were posted on the official Forums for the game.  Since those no longer exist in any updated form, could WG ban any user of mods as unsanctioned changes to the client now?

It would not surprise me if they did ban mods. Then relent and say you can use mods, but you must pay a fee to do so.

Actually @Jakob Knight raises a relevant question regarding how mods are marshalled going forward.

@MidnightPhoenix07's answer is probably on the money but some sort of written confirmation from WG’s hand, if nothing else to the admins of the forum, would probably be preferable.

On the .com/NA site WG now link to the Discord for guidelines etc. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/modstation/

Edited by ZeuSueZ1337

It might be safer to allow no mods or only straightforward cosmetic mods to be posted here. I'm not familiar what type of mods could potentially carry the risk of banning, but probably UI mods are in that category.

Otherwise, it's best to use ¤%¤#!¤!! Discord, or the official Modstation (with all its potential recurring issues) or something that's considered a reliable source, like Aslain's. perhaps.

They have said that they were working on some sort of alternative to their discord rooms, but nothing has materialized that I've noticed

• Thanks 1