Binocular key sticky ?

Hugh_Ruka

Hello all, I have a strange issue. The Shift key for switching to binocular view is "sticky" for me. Basically I need to press and hold it for a second to switch to and from binocular view. Just taping it does not work. I thought it was some issue with my OS (I am running under Linux) so I searched where I could but found nothing. Then I noticed that it only happens in the game. When I get sunk and switch to observer mode, there shift works to change camera from free to ship bound. And there the key works by just taping. So the issue cannot be my OS or settings since the same key behaves differently in different parts of the game.

Anybody has the same problem ?

(I hate that we have lost the official forums, that was the best place to ask these types of questions).

EDIT: Hmm may still be my setup, when I map another key to binoculars it works by taping ... crap ...

Edited by Hugh_Ruka

Keyboard issue?

BTW, since early on, I personally have been assigning SPACE for the binocular view. Easier and faster to use that, at least for me.

AND....

Welcome aboard too! image.gif.eee03eda478ed57b04ab1b3e57ba0f38.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Grantwhy said:

This sound similar to a problem people had a while ago.

Do you have a SteelSeries keyboard?

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/256336-input-lag-on-shift-key-started-today/

I'm quoting the fix given by Mr_Argamas in here, just in case.

I fixed the issue : I downgraded SteelSeries Engine from the new version that was released today (20.0), to the previous 19.2.  (SteelSeries Technology Blog)

It was rather easy; I uninstalled SteelSeries Engine after syncing my config to the cloud, rebooted, installed the previous release but before I launched SteelSeries Engine for the first time, I made sure to disable the SteelSeries Update service to prevent another automatic update.

And that's it, after I launched the game, the shift key was working just as expected.  Just as it was yesterday. Here's where you'll find the previous release:  https://engine.steelseriescdn.com/SteelSeriesGG19.2.0Setup.exe 

8 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I mapped the binocular view to SPACE as well a long time ago.  It is enormously easier to use.  

It's even better with a mouse. MB5 for binoculars, MB4 for AA.

You have that many buttons on your mouse?

58 minutes ago, AtagoBestWaifu said:

4 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

You have that many buttons on your mouse?

Are there mice that wouldn't have at least 5 buttons nowadays? I recall years and years and years ago when side buttons started to become normal and they were usually advertised for browsing back and forth on a browser (or whatever OS level function you're doing), and that's what they work great for as well though.

13 minutes ago, AtagoBestWaifu said:

Are there mice that wouldn't have at least 5 buttons nowadays? I recall years and years and years ago when side buttons started to become normal and they were usually advertised for browsing back and forth on a browser (or whatever OS level function you're doing), and that's what they work great for as well though.

Well I do have some side buttons that I try to avoid pressing accidentally. They usually just screw up my mouse settings....

2 hours ago, AtagoBestWaifu said:

thanks for the suggestion, I will go with this one as an alternate binocular key ....

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well I do have some side buttons that I try to avoid pressing accidentally. They usually just screw up my mouse settings....

I have 2 side buttongs, one of them is Discord PTT, the other one will be binoculars now ...

• Like 1

I occasionally run into an issue where the binocular view key simply doesn’t work. I’ll often have to manually scroll zoom in and out a few times before the function works again. I’ve never been able to track down the cause, and it’s very inconsistent.

Just now, Nevermore135 said:

I occasionally run into an issue where the binocular view key simply doesn’t work. I’ll often have to manually scroll zoom in and out a few times before the function works again. I’ve never been able to track down the cause, and it’s very inconsistent.

Not sure if it's the same issue, but at times something seems to go screwy, and I end up juggling with the binocular mode and the other mode for about a minute till they work normally. What happens to me is that the camera angles seem to go crazy or something.