Oh Good Lord I Am One Ship Away From Playing Krispy Kremme

tm63au

I'm doing cruisers in section 5 where you have to get 1.5 million damage in cruisers and as such working my way through cruisers I don't normally play.

I guess its a good way to get them out of the ports on these anniversary events, well the moment is almost upon me.

shot-23_09.24_21_27.18-0294.thumb.jpg.f2f64ac6a7c4c9d620ffce8222921957.jpg   

Just have to play Kirov then its time to bring out the " legend " I'm not certain I can bring myself to play this ship.

I have a 100% win rating in this ship in random 😄

shot-23_09.24_21_34_34-0126.thumb.jpg.08122850ff6f2b514faa2cdb0618afca.jpg

It would be a devastating event if I ruin my record in the ship, I cant even bring myself to play it in Coop its just perfect sitting in Port.

Its a pressure decision, I have to think about this.    

Edited by tm63au
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, tm63au said:

It would be a devastating event if I ruin my record in the ship, I cant even bring myself to play it in Coop its just perfect sitting in Port.

I'm with you, bro.  Still hanging on to my 100% win rate in Yammagiri that I borrowed for a clan battle.

• Like 1

Then use your rewards to skip her? Or just take her into Co-op and think of her as a mini-Atlanta. She's really not that bad.

• Like 1

I feel similarly with my Hayate...

6 random games, all wins...without doing a whole lot of damage. (935 PR, 16k average damage, 4 total kills)

• Like 1

If you hate it that much, you should have cancelled it out with one of your bonuses already. You can't tell me that you haven't got a single game at 400BXP plus, surely?

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If you hate it that much, you should have cancelled it out with one of your bonuses already. You can't tell me that you haven't got a single game at 400BXP plus, surely?

I had the COOP experience the day I started to get rid of those wraskly pink dots....  The first 5 matches in COOP with the same 5 ships I play everyday, were all below 400....

How?  Spawn points.  There for a moment, I was in a blind panic because I have just under 350 ships and........  I walked away from the computer and came back a few hours later and the entire process changed and..........finished the grind early last week.

Depends on how much our host hates you I guess; 

" There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your computer. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."  (wiki)

Funny how History repeats itself.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

In case ya forget how gorgeus she looks...

image.thumb.png.ffc22f03d286b12fea388c6c4026e2f0.png

She is my go to ship if someone invite to play lower tiers....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

" There is nothing wrong with your computer. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur, or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: There is nothing wrong with your computer. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to... The Outer Limits."  (wiki)

Those words bring up some memories....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Those words bring up some memories....

The Ants with faces wigged me out as a kid.....  My great Aunts actually screamed and ran out of the room......  I followed them.

• Haha 1

image.png.3cdb67de631e9455fc88882f1a5dc80c.png

The best thing about the Krispy is that if you get bounced from the opposite side, you've still got almost half your guns ready to fire immediately at the new threat. There's always something pointed at someone. The actual results screen is reproduced below (the ship had a fit-out of grey boosters).

image.thumb.png.1d7db7804cbfbd360588ac9221b4d9a2.png 

5 hours ago, Asym said:

Depends on how much our host hates you I guess

Depends on how many times you spat on their floor?

5 hours ago, Asym said:

I had the COOP experience the day I started to get rid of those wraskly pink dots....  The first 5 matches in COOP with the same 5 ships I play everyday, were all below 400....

I've lost count of the number of times this past few days that I've been the length of a bee's d*** from getting 400. I just pick the next ship and roll with it.

Hilariously, I managed it today in three out of my four Omahas. (Guess which one missed out? Murmansk.) 

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Bored 1

6 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

KK is half a Smolensk at Tier V. 

Ochakov is half a Smolensk at Tier VIII - that's a whole lot less fun than KK. 

• Haha 2

Depends on how many times you spat on their floor?

I've lost count of the number of times this past few days that I've been the length of a bee's d*** from getting 400. I just pick the next ship and roll with it.

Hilariously, I managed it today in three out of my four Omahas. (Guess which one missed out? Murmansk.)

Oh, you bet there are days where 398 seems to be the absolute best you can do....sigh..........

And, two matches later, the worst ship in your roster to play, ends up being a 798 match.........how?  Only the Schwartz knows.

And, somehow, we get whatever we are trying to accomplish finished....  Thank GoD....

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Chill just a bit fun, i don't hate that ship but there are some I do

regards

17 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

Then use your rewards to skip her? Or just take her into Co-op and think of her as a mini-Atlanta. She's really not that bad.

You legend Sir, why didn't I think of that, KK honour will be upheld as I will use rewards o7 

Edited by tm63au

On 9/24/2023 at 7:39 AM, tm63au said:

I'm doing cruisers in section 5 where you have to get 1.5 million damage in cruisers and as such working my way through cruisers I don't normally play.

I guess its a good way to get them out of the ports on these anniversary events, well the moment is almost upon me.

shot-23_09.24_21_27.18-0294.thumb.jpg.f2f64ac6a7c4c9d620ffce8222921957.jpg   

Just have to play Kirov then its time to bring out the " legend " I'm not certain I can bring myself to play this ship.

I have a 100% win rating in this ship in random 😄

shot-23_09.24_21_34_34-0126.thumb.jpg.08122850ff6f2b514faa2cdb0618afca.jpg

I actually like playing the Krasny Krym ... she has alot of guns and she sort of reminds me of what a Tier 5 St Louis would be like.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I actually like playing the Krasny Krym ... she has a lot of guns and she sort of reminds me of what a Tier 5 St Louis would be like.

She's actually the tech-tree Tier 4 Svietlana, premium-ized and a tier higher. Armoured and protected cruisers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries adopted fairly similar solutions to the same problem across multiple navies, although the number of Russian examples (Diana, Oleg, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Varyag etc.) is quite remarkable. 

• Like 1

She's actually the tech-tree Tier 4 Svietlana, premium-ized and a tier higher. Armoured and protected cruisers of the late 19th and early 20th centuries adopted fairly similar solutions to the same problem across multiple navies, although the number of Russian examples (Diana, Oleg, Bogatyr, Svietlana, Varyag etc.) is quite remarkable. 

They certainly did, but most of those solutions were found to be unworkable in open-water navies such as the British, American and Japanese forces. In WoWs KK benefits from the eternally flat calm seas. This is fortunate, because KK was designed for use in the Baltic and the Black Sea  and it shows - she's got guns on three decks and AA guns perched on the bow and stern where they would be unworkable in any kind of seaway (contrast their position with the RN E or Hawkins Class, where the guns were intended to be worked at high-speed in the mid-Atlantic)

• Like 1

14 hours ago, invicta2012 said:

where the guns were intended to be worked at high-speed in the mid-Atlantic

The apotheosis of this being Vanguard, which sacrificed straight-ahead short-range fire for that huge sheer bow. She could steam full ahead in seas that reduced Iowas to wallowing. The British had learned their lesson from Renown losing Scharnhorst and Gneisenau in heavy seas.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The British had learned their lesson from Renown losing Scharnhorst and Gneisenau in heavy seas.

Three lightly built ships involved there, and no mistake. All of them shedding rivets, hull plates and who knows what else hammering into a North Sea storm at 25 knots (and the German BBs had been upgraded with Atlantic bows, god only knows how their original designs would have fared).

I'm sure there's no way viable way of animating a storm engagement in WoWs but it is something I would love to see in the game... very atmospheric, if nothing else.

Still, I hope the OP has got past their Krispy Kreme experience and has moved on to other Tier Vs  - I seem to have an inordinate number of Russian/Soviet Cruisers in port, and a few of those (hello, Mikoyan) are even *less* fun. 

10 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

I seem to have an inordinate number of Russian/Soviet Cruisers in port, and a few of those (hello, Mikoyan) are even *less* fun. 

I got the Mikoyan for free in an intro event and the first couple of trips out in co-op horrified me. My recollection is of being able to citadel bot Mikoyans (my evil twin!) with HE ammo from any angle. 

At the time, she was a free premium for the winning before they were a dime a dozen in the Armory, but she lost any lustre she might have had when WG made the significantly better tech-tree Kirov into a coal ship.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu