Vanguard Printing

SoshiSone

7 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Vanheal.thumb.jpg.c1a004b89ce56180091d358a260c693c.jpg

Heal in this game doesnt work quite like that, only fire, flood and ram damage can be healed 100% everything else has a multiplier…

7 hours ago, majmac said:

If you get smacked with some citadel damage, that value will change as it does not have a super heal.

That was particularly painful. LOL

I understand the issue with cit damage, and even basic pen damage.  Nonetheless, Vanguard can reprint itself over a match.  It has the best cit repair percentage (33%) of any T8 BB and a better than average normal pen repair (60%).

shot-23_09.26_23_21.26-0803.thumb.jpg.a121264a65e8ff8f6977afd2586dcaa5.jpg

• Thanks 1

Also, don't get me wrong.  Vanguard requires a lot of game knowledge to play well.  I think it might have been in the Vanguard Armada video, but one of hte developers implied (or actually said) something to this effect.  It was "designed" (in the game sense) with this in mind.  A ship for captains that have the experience and want to give it a go.

Cit protection.  Maintaining protection angles while also unmasking firing angles, as well as the best time to just reverse altogether.  Determining best engagement distancing.  Knowing when to switch AP/HE.  Knowing how to manage Damage Con and Repair.  Positoining for maximum benefit (changes based on tier and MM); gotta survive at T10 long enough to make a difference, but have to often push up in T8 because you often ARE the difference.  Get that reversed and you are wither back in port quickly or find yourself outnumbered before you do much.  Understanding concealment under motion and the ability to go dark and repair.  Having a 21 point captain, end even special talent (Dunkirk's grease the gears, or Cunningham's extra heal).  Squeezing the most you can out of her.

Because she's designed for both AP and HE, and is a mid range ship with good concealment, she uptiers very well.  In T10, she often becomes a harrasing fire spitter.  In T8, she has a bruising AP, especially when lower tiers are present.  And within the mix, there are swtich opportunity (i.e., AP in T10 and HE in T8). 

I think I like her because whe is somewhat the antithesis of the Bismarck (which I also like).  It gives me a break.  Bismarck is all about being in your face with a very tanky brawler.  Vangaurd is about mid range long term attrition.  So I can pick and choose depending on how I'm feeling at the moment.

Oh, and although I didn't conciously do it, I've discovered I also tend to like real shps vice paper ships.  Still play the paper, but I've noticed most of my play are real shpis.  As a historian, I guess that makes sense. A subconcious decision.

2 hours ago, SoshiSone said:

Also, don't get me wrong.  Vanguard requires a lot of game knowledge to play well.  I think it might have been in the Vanguard Armada video, but one of hte developers implied (or actually said) something to this effect.  It was "designed" (in the game sense) with this in mind.  A ship for captains that have the experience and want to give it a go.

Cit protection.  Maintaining protection angles while also unmasking firing angles, as well as the best time to just reverse altogether.  Determining best engagement distancing.  Knowing when to switch AP/HE.  Knowing how to manage Damage Con and Repair.  Positoining for maximum benefit (changes based on tier and MM); gotta survive at T10 long enough to make a difference, but have to often push up in T8 because you often ARE the difference.  Get that reversed and you are wither back in port quickly or find yourself outnumbered before you do much.  Understanding concealment under motion and the ability to go dark and repair.  Having a 21 point captain, end even special talent (Dunkirk's grease the gears, or Cunningham's extra heal).  Squeezing the most you can out of her.

Because she's designed for both AP and HE, and is a mid range ship with good concealment, she uptiers very well.  In T10, she often becomes a harrasing fire spitter.  In T8, she has a bruising AP, especially when lower tiers are present.  And within the mix, there are swtich opportunity (i.e., AP in T10 and HE in T8). 

I think I like her because whe is somewhat the antithesis of the Bismarck (which I also like).  It gives me a break.  Bismarck is all about being in your face with a very tanky brawler.  Vangaurd is about mid range long term attrition.  So I can pick and choose depending on how I'm feeling at the moment.

Oh, and although I didn't conciously do it, I've discovered I also tend to like real shps vice paper ships.  Still play the paper, but I've noticed most of my play are real shpis.  As a historian, I guess that makes sense. A subconcious decision.

Her problem IMHO is she lacks proper flavour, they made her basically like a T8 Hood and IRL Vanguard was nothing like that, her 15" guns could take supercharges and she had vastly superior armor sheme, fire control and electronics... For all means and purposes by the IRL equipment and comisioning date she should have been a T9 ship in WOWS and should have been buffed where needed to accomodate that, this would make her a much more interesting boat to take out, the way she sits why bother with her meh 8x15" when you can take out stuff that has better accuracy on 9-12x16" guns...