new stupid menu mechanic which promote random battle!

VedranSeawolf359

Seems that WG add new stupid menu mechanic which promote random battle after every survived battle in brawl. it change game mode from brawl to random. Today I accidentally enter into random battles but I don't play it!

Edited by VedranSeawolf359

Aye, it's an irritation; I got dumped into Randoms the other week when the Ranked session ended while I was in battle, and I didn't notice.

The only solution for the moment seems to be to eyeball battle mode every time you press 'battle'...

20 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

The only solution for the moment seems to be to eyeball battle mode every time you press 'battle'...

Correct.
I've experienced the same "glitch". 

Seems like a bit of programming wasn't adequately de-bugged or WOWs felt the bug required more time & effort than they had the budget to pay for the fix? 
I'm not sure.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Is the issue limited to just the brawls?

Nah: it happens with Ranked too. Based on my experience, if the current session of Ranked ends while you're in battle, the game defaults to Randoms without it being obvious.

It's a bit like the old thing where signals defaulted to the 'buy with gold' option when you ran out - you have to get into the habit of watching out for it.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Correct.
I've experienced the same "glitch". 

Seems like a bit of programming wasn't adequately de-bugged or WOWs felt the bug required more time & effort than they had the budget to pay for the fix? 
I'm not sure.

OR, it's intentional to test what happens.....  Who will stay and who will intentionally leave....  The last time I accidentally loaded into a Random I stay and got the experience of a massive stomp and was the last one alive......  No joy there.

1 minute ago, Asym said:

OR, it's intentional to test what happens.....  Who will stay and who will intentionally leave....  The last time I accidentally loaded into a Random I stay and got the experience of a massive stomp and was the last one alive......  No joy there.

There's another "glitch" that's been happening for a longer time.

Sail a ship equipped with air-strike depth-charges.  
Switch from guns to as-dc.
Zoom-in to aim and launch the as-dc.
Switch back to using main-guns.
The camera perspective switches to being just overhead of one of the ship's turrets instead of the high-overhead view that I started with.

Switching to torpedoes has often cleared this glitch and returned things to "normal".  But that doesn't work on ships not equipped with torpedoes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The camera perspective switches to being just overhead of one of the ship's turrets instead of the high-overhead view that I started with.

Switching to torpedoes has often cleared this glitch and returned things to "normal".  But that doesn't work on ships not equipped with torpedoes.

Don't you hate incomplete programming and testing..... 

Just now, Asym said:

Don't you hate incomplete programming and testing..... 

What bothers me is that it hasn't been published in the dev-blog and a fix hasn't been implemented yet. 
They've had more than enough time, in my opinion.

But, yes, I agree that it should have been discovered during testing before it went to the Public Test Server, and should have been fixed before arriving on the Live Server.

• Like 1

Lets not forget the fun one of trying to swap the torpedo settings on a British ship before the game officially begins from single fire to salvo hauls your entire viewpoint into the ship to where you must pull the camera back out. And yet once the game starts it can be done without that annoying viewpoint flub.

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

What bothers me is that it hasn't been published in the dev-blog and a fix hasn't been implemented yet. 

But, yes, I agree that it should have been discovered during testing before it went to the Public Test Server, and should have been fixed before arriving on the Live Server.

It bothers you that a 'fix hasn't been implemented yet'?.....

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I suspect the programmers aren't at the headquarters and are in Holy Mother Russia....  And that, would explain the time scale for actions...  Just a guess,  mind !!

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

It bothers you that a 'fix hasn't been implemented yet'?.....

Correct.

19 minutes ago, Asym said:

I suspect the programmers aren't at the headquarters and are in Holy Mother Russia....  And that, would explain the time scale for actions...  Just a guess,  mind !!

"Objection, your honor.  Calls for speculation."  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Correct.

"Objection, your honor.  Calls for speculation."  🙂 

Look, if you are going to guess about why something simple isn't getting fixed, Occam's opinion simply is used....  Where did it start?  Where is the problem>?  We have ignition !!!  Start your engines.........

It’s a small bug. Why are some of you’s panties all in a wad over it? If I was a big game developer like WG, I would kick this down the line to be fixed next patch after the devs are done with whatever they are currently working on. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

It’s a small bug. Why are some of you’s panties all in a wad over it? If I was a big game developer like WG, I would kick this down the line to be fixed next patch after the devs are done with whatever they are currently working on. 

Coz its annoying as ....... . Besides, its not like a Cv bug or a babbie sec bug, which would be solved in mere seconds..... ah minus the latter. So there is a bit of history here. just like the sub +rewards bug, which turned out to be actually an undisclosed, full length ( ya know what I mean by that 0D35311A-99B5-474C-A05B-6D0A963C0398.gif ) feature.

Enjoy, coz I know U do  🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I always thought this was a feature that came with all the ASW when it first came out.  Danged annoying that the guns turn while aiming as-dc and then you have to re-acquire the gun target with the camera whacked out.  

5 hours ago, Asym said:

OR, it's intentional to test what happens.....  Who will stay and who will intentionally leave.... 

The glitch with the battle button auto-putting you in Randoms immediately stopped my brawling attempts.  Just letting you know how it affected this player.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I always thought this was a feature that came with all the ASW when it first came out.  Danged annoying that the guns turn while aiming as-dc and then you have to re-acquire the gun target with the camera whacked out.  

Sounds like the game engine can't handle it any more.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Type_93 said:

If I was a big game developer like WG,

As they say, a big game developer should be able to walk and chew gum at the same time!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Sounds like the game engine can't handle it any more.

I'm pretty sure most of us "older players" have played games where the game engine simply "had to go" and the owners simply couldn't afford the time or the money to replace it....  It's been my opinion that Sub's ate what was left of capabilities and we are left with patches that simply are problematic and related to processing priorities.

Gosh, if a glitch drops you into another mode.......oooooh. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Asym said:

I'm pretty sure most of us "older players" have played games where the game engine simply "had to go" and the owners simply couldn't afford the time or the money to replace it....  It's been my opinion that Sub's ate what was left of capabilities and we are left with patches that simply are problematic and related to processing priorities.

Gosh, if a glitch drops you into another mode.......oooooh. 

I'd really worry if the glitch did that in the middle of the battle.... image.gif.a203df35bf6067e74f39a8fa07a75d2c.gif

• Like 1