A Quick Question For Readers

LittleWhiteMouse

Opinions Matter!  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want my newest reviews to appear on the forums?

• In this sub-section, pinned at the top until a new one is released?
    • In the General Discussion section, to be moved later?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/30/2023 at 04:00 AM

Here's a quick binary question regarding where my newest content should go.  Lemme know your thinky-bitz.

• Thanks 2

It would be nice if you could use the blog feature on the forums here for new releases. Not sure how it works exactly but it might be worth looking into.

• Like 2

image.thumb.png.95a88d18a8f82d984bd1f9402451d75f.png

Maybe In this sub-section, pinned at the top until a new one is released and a post In the General Discussion section with a link to the review.

Perhaps even lock the General Discussion post so all chat about the review is in one place (in the Review thread)

4 minutes ago, Grantwhy said:

Maybe In this sub-section, pinned at the top until a new one is released and a post In the General Discussion section with a link to the review.

Perhaps even lock the General Discussion post so all chat about the review is in one place (in the Review thread)

I might further suggest adding a link to the review thread in Wiki.

2 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

As much as I'd like that, it's probably a naught thing to put a link to a 3rd party site in the Official Wiki.

Or at the very least a bad habit to get into.

---

an addition to my suggestion.

If a locked post in put General Discussion with a link to the review, it's probably a good idea to pin the post to the top, until the next review replaces it 🙂

17 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

One of our goals here is to be a "one-stop resource" for information.  Our ship review section lists links to WIKI and LWM.  We will soon be adding links to suggested ship builds.  So, if a player is investigating a particular ship, all the necessary information will be basically at their fingertips in one location rather than hunting the entire web for information.

Early example:  

LWM review links.png

10 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Several of the WOWs wiki pages for ships already contain a link to the @LittleWhiteMouse review of that ship, on the WOWs forum.
Soon, those links will be "dead".

Getting WOWs personnel to re-direct those links to the current repository of LittleWhiteMouse's reviews, here on DevStrike.net, might be difficult.
I'm guessing the WOWs wiki will eventually purge all references to LittleWhiteMouse's reviews.

So, are you suggesting the creation of another, second-party or third-party, online encyclopedia of LittleWhiteMouse's reviews and other related works that might be of use to DevStrike.net members and other players?
If not, then I'm wondering what you are contemplating.

• Like 1

Just now, HogHammer said:

One of our goals here is to be a "one-stop resource" for information.  Our ship review section lists links to WIKI and LWM.  We will soon be adding links to suggested ship builds.  So, if a player is investigating a particular ship, all the necessary information will be basically at their fingertips in one location rather than hunting the entire web for information.

Early example:  

LWM review links.png

Hmmm.  But would the links go to official WOWs wiki-pages or to other resources or some combination of both and more?

3 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Hmmm.  But would the links go to official WOWs wiki-pages or to other resources or some combination of both and more?

Actually, it's a combination.  They (links) go to WIKI (Basic Ship Information Page) and LWM as they roll out.  We will add suggested ship builds in the future, and if there is a good video review of a particular ship, that will also be included.

Basically, we would like to provide all the necessary resources for investigating a ship in one location.  I cannot speak for the other sites regarding what action they may ultimately take, but I have no problem linking to WIKI or even WG if the information is of value to players of the game.  In reality, we should all be wanting to make playing WoWs the best possible experience for players.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Several of the WOWs wiki pages for ships already contain a link to the @LittleWhiteMouse review of that ship, on the WOWs forum.
Soon, those links will be "dead".

This is my concern that Wiki reviews will not be available.  So, maybe WG will allow or want this sort of link.  One could ask.

19 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

If not, then I'm wondering what you are contemplating.

I'm just throwing in my two cents worth of an undeveloped idea.

• Like 2

We will see about coordinating with the WoWS Wiki team: since the WoWS forums are no longer available DevStrike may be a reasonable solution for everyone.

• Like 2

• LittleWhiteMouse unpinned this topic