Path of .... progress.....

Andrewbassg

image.thumb.png.852620da1bbf1176124cfbc3

image.thumb.png.c3fd98905417303db4a8ebe0

And the missions give a whopping 48 tokens. Which means that no matter what, one has to buy at least 3 packages for real money to get the lowest priced valuable item. In this case the Leipzig.

From the company that was once given as role model for F2P.......

picard-facepalm.thumb.jpg.5601ea63893aa7c19954ca2519e4d896.jpg

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

And the missions give a whopping 48 tokens. Which means that no matter what, one has to buy at least 3 packages for real money to get the lowest priced valuable item. In this case the Leipzig.

I like this one, one of the tasks has 3 missions where you have to earn with the rest of the community over 1 billion XP times 3 in 13 days.

WG seems to have the very optimistic view that players will sit glued to there computer chairs for said amount of days, there dreaming. 

shot-23_09.22_21_49.26-0368.thumb.jpg.1583bcda2081cc227cfd3f80ee583331.jpg   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

well its free, nobody is forcing you to buy...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Look at the Armory. See how many premium coal ships are there. Some of them were once money-only. I know, because I bought them while they were money-only. 

When I started playing, there were precisely TWO freemium ships available on a regular basis - Missouri and Nelson. And the grind was much harder then, because the mega bonus flags didn't yet exist. 

Right now WG is giving out a T8 premium to anyone with a big enough fleet to get the tokens for it. They not long ago gave out a T9 premium for a short, hard grind. Short memory, anyone?

This game is still a role model for FTP, even if you aren't willing to see it because you can't have the shiny new thing for free.

My congratulations go out to anyone who drew the Scarlet Thunder as the first bundle. You are one (likely very small) bunch of lucky mother ******s. Grab it with both hands.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bored 1

47 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

It is F2P... the game. Not the Leipzig.

29 minutes ago, tm63au said:

... there dreaming.

They're trying. 🙂

36 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

well its free, nobody is forcing you to buy...

7 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

It is F2P... the game. Not the Leipzig.

Undoubtedly. My point was about the massive amount of irony behind the name of the event. And.....the irony actually thickens, coz Leipzig is a T6 and  I would have been actually interested in getting her. To play....ops. But.... ooops.......there was an ops rework, right? Yeah....

Path of....."progress".....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Sorry, but the screenshots you provided were too small to read.  So, I'm adding my own.

image_2023-09-22_084736660.thumb.png.6c19a0c4194e085e7f6412f19fe6943e.png  image_2023-09-22_085007491.thumb.png.42bdf00de6d52cb3a20b6299aa1f0511.png  image_2023-09-22_085032900.thumb.png.aae5ec014700592003db367cb38c6415.png  

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This game is still a role model for FTP, even if you aren't willing to see it because you can't have the shiny new thing for free.

Well....like I said the point was about the irony, not about "getting somethin for free" And people had to reviewbomb the game  to bring Wg into his senses ,if I recall correctly.

You are one (likely very small) bunch of lucky mother ******s. Grab it with both hands.

Yes I am 🙂 ,

image.thumb.png.7da591ea722d801bbd6d947415a2c952.png

....but I probably won't 🙂 . Like I said I'm not about "getting stuff  for free".

PS. Fun fact, this amount of people getting her in the first draw, made me check my other account. coz  everybody getting her like that .....it would have been rather nice. 

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2

Also of note, to some people, is that the "Air Supply" containers being offered do not have a chance of dropping the Enterprise.

image_2023-09-22_085312373.thumb.png.a68ec15d2bd6eafd5f10a1a334e2015a.png  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

You are one (likely very small) bunch of lucky mother ******s. Grab it with both hands.

Yes I am 🙂 ,

Apparently, I am not so lucky.  🤦‍♂️

image_2023-09-22_085504443.thumb.png.2c8a3b89b1fb351ccc14e7200ad9d86d.png  

• Like 1

Btw there is a button in the corresponding news article, which will give an element of the anniversary mural.

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Also of note, to some people, is that the "Air Supply" containers being offered do not have a chance of dropping the Enterprise.

image_2023-09-22_085312373.thumb.png.a68ec15d2bd6eafd5f10a1a334e2015a.png  

Yup, these containers were heavily nerfed a while back. They were originally part of the CV rework event in Jan 2019 and used to have very high chances of dropping any of the OG premium CVs (Enterprise, Kaga, Saipan, and Graf Zeppelin).

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Look at the Armory. See how many premium coal ships are there. Some of them were once money-only. I know, because I bought them while they were money-only. 

When I started playing, there were precisely TWO freemium ships available on a regular basis - Missouri and Nelson. And the grind was much harder then, because the mega bonus flags didn't yet exist. 

Right now WG is giving out a T8 premium to anyone with a big enough fleet to get the tokens for it. They not long ago gave out a T9 premium for a short, hard grind. Short memory, anyone?

My congratulations go out to anyone who drew the Scarlet Thunder as the first bundle. You are one (likely very small) bunch of lucky mother ******s. Grab it with both hands.

There is a lot of truth here.

F2P games have ALWAYS gated good content behind a paywall.

This game is no exception. We really do need to set expectations appropriately.

Of course, that's a two way street. WG apparently continues to believe that the way to increase sales is to increase prices or reduce the value of the item for sale...

...that's not how people in my market think.

--------------------------------------------

As for this event?

Yeah, yet another event that I spent a cursory amount of time looking at...saw the prices, and will pay it no attention whatsoever.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Which means that no matter what, one has to buy at least 3 packages for real money to get the lowest priced valuable item. In this case the Leipzig.

It's £21, then. 

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

It's £21, then. 

I would give em money if they would stop frakkin up the game. We'll see if they implement the Ru devblog....

13 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

i got it in the first bundle and after couple games i am having buyers remorse 😅

i just can't stand ships made of tissue paper. hiding behind an island or shooting from the edge of my range is not my cup of tea. 

45 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

ships made of tissue paper

Considering she has 32mm on the nose and the citadel armor is over twice what the Des Moines has she's a bit better off than tinfoil. And considerably better off than actual tissue paper like the Minotaur. Not to mention that she can be going 34 knots allowing for a fair amount of throttle jukes on top of proper angling.

31 minutes ago, Kynami said:

Considering she has 32mm on the nose and the citadel armor is over twice what the Des Moines has she's a bit better off than tinfoil. And considerably better off than actual tissue paper like the Minotaur. Not to mention that she can be going 34 knots allowing for a fair amount of throttle jukes on top of proper angling.

why compare a BB with a cruiser? cruiser have better concealment, rudder shift and turn rate plus they are a smaller target.

for BBs standars being covered in 32mm  just means you are a snack for HE spammers, one could argue that overpen armor is actually better than 32mm armor.

3 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

why compare a BB with a cruiser?

Because oddly enough this particular battlecruiser when equipped with a proper commander and equipment has a detect of only 12.1 km and a rudder shift that is 9.7 seconds that can be lowered down to 7.8 if modded. The regular Duncan has a stock rudder shift of 16.6 with the B hull. ST has 419mm guns and has a conceal roughly equivalent to what large cruisers have and a very good rudder shift. Ergo she plays a heck of a lot more like a large cruiser with large caliber guns. So she plays a game of angling and throttle adjustments while slapping people and going dark as needed.

• Like 3

last night I played it for 2 hours, video in the link (https://www.twitch.tv/wulf_ace/v/1932484188?sr=a&t=0s)

It does feel like a cruiser more then a BB. Armor like it doesnt exists. BB punch through from any angle. 

Guns are okayish, HE shells deal a lot of damage and do a lot of fires. AP is so so, good against cruisers against BBs hard to pen to citadels.

AA even with AA consumable is bad.

Heal without superheal is also bad, not easy to stay alive.

In general its not worth it, maybe only if you like British HE BBs who are fast and nimble. Like St Vincent line with all the drawbacks, no superheal, no torps and no armor, just guns on a speedy boat.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bigruss42 said:

Bought 3 bundles with the doubloons I got from the anniversary SC's and this turned up 😉

IMG_20230922_154142305.thumb.jpg.407793d3b0d1a93a96a30cd7d5fbfdb8.jpg

Congrats.  🙂 

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2023 at 7:36 AM, Andrewbassg said:

Oh look, it's loot box gambling again.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Oh look, it's loot box gambling again.

Unfortunately more often than not they have at least two loot box tracks for any of their events. Anything you can get for "free" usually has a pretty stiff grind attached with a high time commitment requirement. Especially since they've been really fond of timed coupons where you can only get the big prize via F2P mechanics in the first week before the coupon expires. Which puts huge pressure on getting through quests for tokens faster with very large boosters.

Too much of what they do is structured to try taking another stab at your wallet instead of being genuinely fun.

• Like 2