T10 Research Bureau: Do you use any of the Upgrades?

Jakeshuffle

I was doing some window shopping in the Research Bureau and reading the T10 ship upgrades was interesting. They seem pretty specific, of course, but I was look at the Des Moines as an example. All that extra maneuverability sounds like it can be a lot of fun. Are there any of these upgrades that you use on your ships? I'm wondering how useful they are.

I went for that one on my Des Moines, it definitely makes it a bit more nimble, but you have to give up the extra 16% of range. It already has a fast reload so I didn't mind losing the faster reload either.

I use Kurfurst in brawls and ranked so I went for the ammunition hoist to speed up reload. Again you have to give up the 16% range, but in close quarter fights that doesn't seem to matter too much.

I'll probably save RB points for ships from here on. Also useful for buying smoke flags etc..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jakeshuffle said:

All that extra maneuverability sounds like it can be a lot of fun.

This is the only one I've bought so far...  because reading a lot of happy reviews about how DM is simply becoming another ship with this upgrade. Tbh... didn't change too much. I would sell it back if I could.

I have the Minotaur UU from the days when you ground for it using the ship itself. I only just fitted it very recently because it would have compromised the ship's concealment if I wanted to take a radar build.

Now I have the Brisbane to be my Radar Minotaur, and the compromise isn't an issue. However, I don't think I would have paid 19,200 RP for it, because I still don't have all the RP ships that I want and I would prefer to save my RP for them.

1 hour ago, palestreamer said:

I use Kurfurst in brawls and ranked so I went for the ammunition hoist to speed up reload. Again you have to give up the 16% range, but in close quarter fights that doesn't seem to matter too much.

When I do finally get around to spending it on upgrades, Kurfurst is on my shortlist for similar reasons (albeit in co-op). It's actually marginally LESS efficient than MBM 3 in that slot for the main armament (10% reload time reduction Cf. 12%), but it does have the benefit of accelerating the secondary rate of fire also and it doesn't penalize the turret rotation rate. 

• Like 2

Des Moines

Moskva

Yeuyang

Henri IV

Gearing

Yamato

Have found value in the above UU’s. Especially the accuracy improvements of Yama and Moskva. Intend on getting Petro next time harvest RB points. 

I bought my ARP Yamato as part of the "bundle", so the main-gun accuracy legendary upgrade was installed as part of the features listed in the bundle.
So, I have an ARP Yamato with accurate main-guns that traverse slower than my tech-tree Yamato.
When I play the ships, I do notice the differences in comparison.
For now, I'm inclined to keep each as they are.  
Once in a while, though, the dispersion of the tech-tree Yamato can be annoying.  And then I'm tempted ... 🤔 

I have Yamato, GK, Moskva, and Hindenburg UUs from before the upgrades moved to the Research Bureau. The UUs for Yamato and Moskva are very solid, but I don’t use the Hindenburg UU.

The main battery range penalty on GK’s UU is crippling in Randoms. Secondary build GK is also even less viable post skill-rework compared to before, so MBM3 is the stronger option for slot 6. My GK has been relegated to Coop since Preussen was released, which is the only reason I run the UU.

Edited by Nevermore135

I have the following Legendary Mods (now called Unique Upgrades) from back when they were earned by very long and grind intensive missions...

Using:

• Yamato 
  • Hakuryu
  • Gearing
  • Montana
  • Midway
  • Moskva
  • Z52
  • Hindenburg
  • Minotaur
  • Conqueror

Not Using:

• Worcester
  • Des Moines
  • GK
  • Shimakaze
  • Zao
  • Yue Yang
  • Henri IV
  • Republique
  • Grozovoi
  • Khabarovsk

Honestly I don't find any of them truly great or super useful. And many that I do use I don't really notice much in the way of them improving stuff much. Like that Yamato one everyone always raves about. It's kind of meh and doesn't make much difference that I see. It "should" in theory make a difference but I have played games with and without to test and it just doesn't do much.

The ones I use I do so because I ground my butt off for them and they at least provide something useful (to compensate for what you give up usually) on paper at least. They "should" help. The ones I don't use is because you have to give up too much for whatever it is you gain. I will never use RB pts for them. The asking price is too high and the return is too low IMHO.

As always YMMV.

• Like 1

There is only one necessary upgrade and that's for the Khaba. The others since "rebalancing" aren't really all that worth it. 

8 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I was doing some window shopping in the Research Bureau and reading the T10 ship upgrades was interesting. They seem pretty specific, of course, but I was look at the Des Moines as an example. All that extra maneuverability sounds like it can be a lot of fun. Are there any of these upgrades that you use on your ships? I'm wondering how useful they are.

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I bought my ARP Yamato as part of the "bundle", so the main-gun accuracy legendary upgrade was installed as part of the features listed in the bundle.
So, I have an ARP Yamato with accurate main-guns that traverse slower than my tech-tree Yamato.
When I play the ships, I do notice the differences in comparison.
For now, I'm inclined to keep each as they are.  
Once in a while, though, the dispersion of the tech-tree Yamato can be annoying.  And then I'm tempted ... 🤔 

Like Wolf, I have the Arp Yamato with its UU.

I'll be honest, as slow as the turrets rotate, I really don't notice the difference that much.

I do notice where the shells land, and the Arp Yamato with the UU is alot tighter.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jakeshuffle said:

I only use my Research Bureau points on ships. I've got the Yolo Emilio and I'm looking to get the Ohio next.

Don't plan on using RP for the upgrades, but do have a couple from before they changed how you get them. Think they are on the Gearing and G. Kurfurst.