NEW SHIPS DISTRIBUTION METHODS

Clodenjoy

Smolensk only available in the auction, i knew it, it was too good to be true, they would find a way to screw us over.  :classic_angry:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Smolensk only available in the auction, i knew it, it was too good to be true, they would find a way to screw us over.  :classic_angry:

Yep, and only whales(doubloons) or longtime players(coal) will be able to participate. I'd love to get Smolensk B for coal since it will be "free", and I have close to 900k coal, but I know the bids will be outrageous. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Jagerbomb_2021 said:

Yep, and only whales(doubloons) or longtime players(coal) will be able to participate. I'd love to get Smolensk B for coal since it will be "free", and I have close to 900k coal, but I know the bids will be outrageous. 

I agree. I wouldn’t be surprised if the winning bid reaches (or even breaks) 500k coal, especially if it’s a smaller number of lots. And especially if the stream comment is true that both are auction only, with no direct purchase option for B.

I’ve already got my Smol from before it was removed, so I don’t really care for either one. But I do look forward to seeing the whales come out of the woodwork with their tons of coal in giant sacks and rail cars. 

• Like 3

I will, again, reiterate that I am uninterested in ANYTHING in auction format.

A sub for coal?

Eh. I haven't even started learning how to play it.

Nothing much of interest for me here.

1 hour ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Oh quit it. It's a toxic banned ship, so toxic that even I never took it into PVP more than a handful of times.

Anyone who thinks WG would let an unlimited number of them back into the ecosystem at original list price is fooling themselves. At least the B version will be available for coal rather than cash money. Barring that, Jinan and Colbert are fine substitutes.

U-4501 for coal is a stunner, though. I'm patting myself on the back for not sweeping up Agir and Carnot "just because".

• Bored 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

U-4501 for coal is a stunner, though. I'm patting myself on the back for not sweeping up Agir and Carnot "just because".

I kind of expected it. "Coal Submarine" was the only combination "Steel/Coal [Class]" left without at least one entry.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, tocqueville8 said:

Nothing new in the Research Bureau? Where Kitakami?

Don't expect to be able to just buy Kitakami for steel, RB Points, doubloons or even coal. They will make an event out of it, you will have to do an insane grind and most likely pay on top of it, if you want to have her. Maybe we will be "lucky" and just have to pay an Inflated price, like with the Ruggiero di Lauria, but i doubt it.

26 minutes ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Don't expect to be able to just buy Kitakami for steel, RB Points, doubloons or even coal. They will make an event out of it, you will have to do an insane grind and most likely pay on top of it, if you want to have her. Maybe we will be "lucky" and just have to pay an Inflated price, like with the Ruggiero di Lauria, but i doubt it.

Still, the wonkiness suggests a RB ship, and it would be about time we get a Japanese one. A guy can hope...

• Like 1

Welp, glad I saved my steel, Di Lauria's at least interesting. I'm SUPER glad I'm not chasing Smolensk in any fashion. To be fair, even if I didn't have Smolensk, I still wouldn't chase it for such outrageous prices....😤

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Oh quit it. It's a toxic banned ship, so toxic that even I never took it into PVP more than a handful of times.

Anyone who thinks WG would let an unlimited number of them back into the ecosystem at original list price is fooling themselves. At least the B version will be available for coal rather than cash money. Barring that, Jinan and Colbert are fine substitutes.

Smolensk is OP?

In what universe?

The only reason it's not for sale is that its popular for memes.

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Smolensk is OP?

In what universe?

The only reason it's not for sale is that its popular for memes.

~~~ On the ocean, the pixel ocean, a Lion burns tonight ~~~
~~~ A-meme-olensk, a-meme-olensk, a-meme-olensk, a-meme-olensk .... ~~~

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tokens/thelionsleepstonight.html

Spoiler

"The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

(A-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh, a-wimoweh)

In the jungle, the mighty jungle
The lion sleeps tonight
In the jungle, the quiet jungle
The lion sleeps tonight

Near the village, the peaceful village
The lion sleeps tonight
Near the village, the quiet village
The lion sleeps tonight

Hush my darling, don't fear my darling
The lion sleeps tonight
Hush my darling, don't fear my darling
The lion sleeps tonight

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Its really not a good ship at all anymore. It can have its moments but it's day was prior to the captain skills and IFHE reworks. 

33 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Its really not a good ship at all anymore. It can have its moments but it's day was prior to the captain skills and IFHE reworks. 

Good for certain missions (that you can do in coop), though, if you got it. Don't know would I plan to get it now, though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Good for certain missions (that you can do in coop), though, if you got it. Don't know would I plan to get it now, though.

Pretty much exactly this. That said, if you just want something that's good at specific missions (as @Ensign Cthulhu alludes to earlier), it's not like we're short of alternative options these days.

I have Smol from the original release, and for a player like me there is no current reason to pay over the odds for her, with things as they are at the moment.

• Like 1

Smol is not nearly as OP as she used to be. The proliferation of fast BBs, fast BBs with torps and CAs with ridiculous numbers of torps and rapid firing machine guns have caught her up. I'd bid about 290k coal for the B version knowing full well I wont get it. But that's my limit.