Need help with Kunming.

Folded_1000_Times

I mostly play solo, It works fine in a div.

image.thumb.png.17be2dd9ef8e9646e54787411f46d1b6.png

I do fine with any other dd all my other tier 8+ dds are 60%~ plus or minus a few that i dont like or do very well in. Solo, I found I can only play it radar otherwise im screwed. 

I tried both builds: built for guns and build for torps only. 

Seems even with gun build (and 20% captain proc on spotting, if no CV in game difficult if a CV is in game) it does better but still feels weird. As if I miss any torpedos at all i'm not going to do damage, which is fine, but I cant produce wins in this like I could with another DD, or even a strong carry ship.

Winning feels like clan battles, where you just have to constantly spot and hope the cruisers and bbs hit shots.

Is it a div only boat? Is it just shit? 

Thanks

13 minutes ago, Folded_1000_Times said:

I mostly play solo, It works fine in a div.

image.thumb.png.17be2dd9ef8e9646e54787411f46d1b6.png

I do fine with any other dd all my other tier 8+ dds are 60%~ plus or minus a few that i dont like or do very well in. Solo, I found I can only play it radar otherwise im screwed. 

I tried both builds: built for guns and build for torps only. 

Seems even with gun build (and 20% captain proc on spotting, if no CV in game difficult if a CV is in game) it does better but still feels weird. As if I miss any torpedos at all i'm not going to do damage, which is fine, but I cant produce wins in this like I could with another DD, or even a strong carry ship.

Winning feels like clan battles, where you just have to constantly spot and hope the cruisers and bbs hit shots.

Is it a div only boat? Is it just shit? 

Thanks

I think super DDs in general are all under performing. I think it’s the fact that you are most likely enemy #1 and you get focused more than a t10 would. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Folded_1000_Times said:

I mostly play solo

The ship's name is Kunming, not Kumming. Rather unfortunate typo there! 

If you can't edit the post, I suggest you ask a mod to do it for you. We all had a laugh, though.

• Like 1

• HogHammer changed the title to Need help with Kunming.

From a brief examination of its stats, we got...

A TRB Deepwater shima, with less dpm than Halland but the concealment of almost a Sherman.

This is one of the more nonsensical ships I've seen. A ship that relies on the opponents having a DD that ignores you while you flood his team with torps.

You do get the option for long duration radar, but you're more torpboat than gunboat and dead in 1v1 to anything that can gunfight. You need a 2nd line DD to make this work at all.

The ship is probably gimped because WG tried to force the radar consumable on it. It makes even less sense than Brisbane in an era where every CA overmatches you.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Verytis said:

From a brief examination of its stats, we got...

A TRB Deepwater shima,

We got a deepwater SOMERS.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Type_93 said:

I think super DDs in general are all under performing. I think it’s the fact that you are most likely enemy #1 and you get focused more than a t10 would. 

This! Dont own them all, but I do have Kunming and Dalarna and I think both of them is quite underperforming compared to their T10 counterpart. I always get better games with Halland and the T10 Pan asian (cant remember the name right now).

Kunming has bad conceal and dies very quickly if spotted. Dalarnas only gimmick is pretty much to be able to swithc to other torps, dont really feel I get that much out of the extra turret compared to Halland.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

This! Dont own them all, but I do have Kunming and Dalarna and I think both of them is quite underperforming compared to their T10 counterpart. I always get better games with Halland and the T10 Pan asian (cant remember the name right now).

Kunming has bad conceal and dies very quickly if spotted. Dalarnas only gimmick is pretty much to be able to swithc to other torps, dont really feel I get that much out of the extra turret compared to Halland.

Try Yamagiri and Zorkiy.

Yamagiri gets greatly improved dpm and burst fire while maintaining Shima conceal. Switch between 20km cross-map torps vs 12km standard torps, while bursting on fools trying to poke at the dark.

Zorkiy gets +50% HE pen on burst for that 33mm HE pen. You can dumpster most CAs with burst/conceal tactics.

8 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

the T10 Pan asian (cant remember the name right now).

Yueyang (Allen M Sumner class DD).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1