(PSA. The upcoming NA stream will present us the CEO of Weegee..) Scratch that.....MrsCommunication on my part

Andrewbassg

It seems a noice opportunity to.......ask.A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

Some  polite questions ofc

E5F726D1-A0C9-4DA4-A536-3C6931DE63E8.gifFD2B6250-9A3F-4669-9AF8-E5944952A4AD.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 3

Impolite questions will rightly be blocked. Do show your host some manners.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bored 8

7 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Ensign........ I'm not calling for pitchforks. But uncomfortable questions.......now there's a thought. Or more.

Still, we both know that even  polite question can be blocked, right? As experience has shown countless times.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Coins against nuts he's a Russian transplant from Lesta. Bonus points if it's Sub Octavian.

The "questions" will be pre-moderated and asked by paid actors to praise CVs and Subs, asking for more. Anything critical, no matter how politely asked, will be removed.

Nothing will change.

PS: They don't have a Creative Director for WG.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Bored 1

31 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Even polite questions will be blocked.

Unfortunately, the hosts consistent ill manners means this guy doesn't even care to listen to the stream...and doesn't care if their customers give them some ire. WG gets the respect their actions have earned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

The "questions" will be pre-moderated and asked by paid actors to praise CVs and Subs, asking for more. Anything critical, no matter how politely asked, will be removed.

And if this turns out not to be the case, what will you do?

• Bored 4

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Even polite questions will be blocked.

Unfortunately, the hosts consistent ill manners means this guy doesn't even care to listen to the stream...and doesn't care if their customers give them some ire. WG gets the respect their actions have earned.

Is this the guy that said the Original PR was for people that sat 24 / 7 in front of there computers or something along those lines.

Basically he insulted us all and expected us to still spend money.

Edited by HogHammer
Inappropriate descriptive word
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

is this the guy that said  the Original PR was for people that sat 24 / 7 in front of there computers or something along those lines.

Yes, that is my recollection as well. Imagine how despite that magnanimous statement by him, the PR dumbster fire just suddenly flared up right afterwards.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yes, that is my recollection as well. Imagine how despite that magnanimous statement by him, the PR dumbster fire just suddenly flared up right afterwards.

I might have to watch this stream see how many " minders and spin doctors " are crowded around him to make certain that old foot in mouth disease  does not reoccur.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

Just make sure that you stay polite and nice if you decide to advertise Devstrike.net 

🙂

👍

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

It doesn't matter if the questions will be .... allowed. Or even answered, in a ....weegeesque way.  I'm sure that you know already, but actions speaks louder than words. 

I admit, I have a great deal of respect for you, because you are (and were) an active community member and you tend to stand your ground, buut ......in case of things related to Wedgie......is an uphill battle from the get go (to put it in an englishman way). 

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tm63au said:

is this the guy that said  the Original PR was for people that sat 24 / 7 in front of there computers or something along those lines.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

9NxzOGV.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

It seems a noice opportunity to.......ask.A48E2DD6-327E-4E69-B995-CD0955AA6217.gif

I'll try to come up with a few. But then, how can we be certain that the person who will appear on stream is the real CEO of Wargaming?

Nevertheless, here are some top of mind questions I want to ask the CEO of Wargaming—if I decide to watch the stream—and I'm listing it here now before I forget it. 

• What is your IGN in World of Warships?
  • How many Tier X solo battles in a PVP environment do you have under your belt?
  • What is your approach when you are fighting solo against a submarine in a Tier X Random Battle with CVs?

Now a mature and well-grounded CEO will not shy away from real and polite questions from real players.

In fact, if this CEO is legit and truly cares about the customers of his Company, he will try his best to answer uncomfortable questions.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

• How many Tier X solo battles in a PVP environment do you have under your belt?
  • What is your approach when you are fighting solo against a submarine in a Tier X Random Battle with CVs?

So....while these are legit questions, they will be, almost certainly, blocked, especially knowing Boggsy

a) official WG accounts have WOWS spelled out in the nick.

b) c)CEO's run the whole company and quite possibly  have very little understanding of the game.  However what ( lets say) competent CEO's do understand very well and try to avoid are  PROBLEMS. Spelling out reasonable problems in a reasonable manner should be a red flag for those.

So a better question wold be " Do you play the game?". If the answer is yes, then could be followed up with " How often you play? and/or " For how long you have played?" "What is your favourite class/ship?" ( here's a hint, administrative WG staff favor Cv's) 

As for the CEO himself .....we shall see. How one speaks, behave and interact with others are all telling signs of one's personality from which conclusions can be drawn.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Me, I ‘ll probably watch the public floggings he orders for the guys who let the tough questions through.:classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Personally, I think this is a waste of time.

WG leadership certainly won't listen to cleverly worded questions and provide transparent answers...

...and the purpose of the event is almost certainly to provide additional spin to us with respect to the game. Not to provide us an avenue to provide actual feedback.

In fact, the CMs will almost assuredly work as hard as possible to PREVENT any actual feedback from reaching senior leadership at this event...if their past actions are any guide.

The best response to this stream is to ignore it.

The best way to share that we don't like the direction the game is heading is through online reviews.

Anything else is just tilting at windmills and raising your blood pressure because WG is stubborn.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Ensign........ I'm not calling for pitchforks. But uncomfortable questions.......now there's a thought. Or more.

Still, we both know that even  polite question can be blocked, right? As experience has shown countless times.

Some of us are "blocked" when we say "greetings !"   They'll not allow any serious, unscripted question through....  They have a "play list" of CC's and "known entities" already scripted. 

Allow us to ask serious questions...............hahahahahaha

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Frostbow said:

I'll try to come up with a few. But then, how can we be certain that the person who will appear on stream is the real CEO of Wargaming?

Nevertheless, here are some top of mind questions I want to ask the CEO of Wargaming—if I decide to watch the stream—and I'm listing it here now before I forget it. 

Now a mature and well-grounded CEO will not shy away from real and polite questions from real players.

In fact, if this CEO is legit and truly cares about the customers of his Company, he will try his best to answer uncomfortable questions.

<WG CEO>  Do you play WoWS? If so, how many of hours have you played WoWS the last time you played?

<WG CEO>  How many of hours do you expect your WoWS developers to play WoWS in a week on average?

When will the WoWS match maker be fixed?

One question that would be very telling for the future of the game is its outdated engine.  Are there plans, will Wargaming update the game's engine?

The reason this would be a good question is this.  The current game engine framework is beyond stretched.  We joke about spaghetti code; WoWs is past that point - we are talking WD-40 and duct tape.  There is a reason why certain bugs remain in the game - still unaddressed.

If the answer is "no" that to me would paint a poor prognosis future-wise for the game.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

So a better question wold be " Do you play the game?". If the answer is yes, then could be followed up with " How often you play? and/or " For how long you have played?" "What is your favourite class/ship?" ( here's a hint, administrative WG staff favor Cv's) 

LOL

37 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Personally, I think this is a waste of time.

Of course it is a waste of time. 

But the mere fact that the 'CEO' (in quotes because it could be an impostor appearing on the stream) deemed it worthy of his schedule, against the backdrop of WG's recent nerf on supercontainers and the resulting massive negative reviews on Steam, tells us that what has transpired has been serious enough to warrant an appearance of their top honcho.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 NA said:

How many of hours do you expect your WoWS developers to play WoWS in a week on average?

I remember that time when a community contributor, someone named Turry, discovered that the developers sorely lack a decent amount of hours spent on actually playing the game. 

The response from Wargaming was in typical WG fashion, quick. LOL

The fools.

image.thumb.png.ca613aa12e5eebb3404e1396c10c195e.png

https://www.pcgamer.com/world-of-warships-bonus-code-insult-apology/

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

One question that would be very telling for the future of the game is its outdated engine.  Are there plans, will Wargaming update the game's engine?

The reason this would be a good question is this.  The current game engine framework is beyond stretched.  We joke about spaghetti code; WoWs is past that point - we are talking WD-40 and duct tape.  There is a reason why certain bugs remain in the game - still unaddressed.

If the answer is "no" that to me would paint a poor prognosis future-wise for the game.

Rather than introducing new ship types like wedging in subs,working on the game code would be more beneficial long term....but you need to care about the player base to do that.

• Like 1