devstrike.net reaches 1-month milestone

I_cant_Swim_

Fellow forumites, members, and staff:

Devstrike.net has reached the critical 1-month milestone. Our engines are still purring, our energy reserves remain full! Over 500 souls have found their way to us this first month, with another estimated 250 appearing to be sipping before committing to our brew. To you all, our deepest thanks for the faith you have in us and the in the potential of this sapling site.

image.png.89a6b57587086f7a8202dc94dcbcecd6.png

Fig. 1: Members per Server Region. Since mid-August, we have attracted a total of 507 registered members. 63% are on the NA server, 29% on the EU server, but only 7% are on the ASIA server. Conservative projections indicate a minimum of 1,000-3,000 expected members in the first year. Member logins account for approx. 2 in 3 site visits. The remainder, estimated at ~250, are guests (not shown here).

Our community is claiming its place on the internet stage. Although not yet in the top 10 search results for WoWs forums, we can be found using various search engines, currently ranking 12 with google, for instance. Interestingly, asking Bing in MS Edge about devstrike using speech recognition generates the following:

image.thumb.png.34556864167178d2d2a98bba1fe2e93f.png

Fig. 2: Results of a Bing search for devstrike. Interestingly, Bing appears to have contributed to our site with “International Forums” and “availability in multiple languages including English, Japanese, Polish, and Spanish.” Thank you, Contributor Bing.

In addition to the Phase I and II achievements mentioned here, we have also introduced a Clans section where clans can advertise for new recruits and where members can ask clan-related questions.

The Reference section as one of our core points of focus is being beefed up, where inquisitive readers will find ship reviews, guides, and historical content. This is a major undertaking for our small team of volunteer contributors: to these folks we are truly indebted.

Moving on, we welcome Aslain to devstrike.net: his excellent Aslain's WoWs Modpack for game and display settings, voices, skins, and more, can be found in the Mods & Settings section, here. This section also hosts Chobittsu’s Mermaid’s Wrath mods, with Voice Packs, Crew Portraits, and an Automatic Crew Naming Tool.

The Events calendar has been updated to include streams from select twitch streamers – look to this to catch up with your favorite, informative shows.

Lastly, a new option for visual delights has been added: scroll down to find the members only Mangrove theme.

These are some of the visible changes that have been made. There are many others, such as the many modifications requested by members in the Feedback section, and others still, below the hood: admin stuff like site security, anti-spam, backups (yay! we got that, now), and other important aspects such as establishing contacts with CCs and setting up social media accounts for use in the near future.

One month is no time at all, for a small team of volunteers. Yet we have made real progress, and we are excited to add to this with the aim to improve and grow our site. An important issue is to increase the number of members, in particular from the ASIA server region, for which we will need to tailor our PR efforts. Clearly, overall numbers are important. But although there is a time to grow, there is also a time to develop. Therefore, although a balance must be struck, we feel that chasing more, improved content and a solid offering overall takes precedence over PR campaigns at the moment. Hence, also in the works is a member training program that we are preparing, through which registered members from any clan can receive hands-on field training from seasoned players.

In all, at 1 month, devstrike.net is young, growing, and full of potential. Run by a devoted and capable team, we intend to bring to our members the bulk of the envisioned functionality within the first six months. The times ahead are exciting!

In this, as always, we remain committed.

On behalf of the devstrike.net staff,

I_cant_Swim_

• Like 6
  • Thanks 15

• I_cant_Swim_ pinned this topic

Appreciate your hard work in setting up this free and open forum!

Also, thank you for labeling your axes to scale in your graph of members. Setting a high bar for transparency, compared to WG with their fake graphs and pushing the "player count is fine, nothing to worry about" narrative. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, NMA101 said:

thank you for labeling your axes to scale

Yeah, real numbers transport the truth better than relative values. We are still very young, and under optimal conditions we would likely not even have chosen to launch at this stage, but time was not on our side. So instead everyone gets to experience our development in real time, with all the pains and aches... but also the happiest moments of bringing concepts to fruition. We are the community trying to establish itself. We have no other agenda.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Yeah, real numbers transport the truth better than relative values. We are still very young, and under optimal conditions we would likely not even have chosen to launch at this stage, but time was not on our side. So instead everyone gets to experience our development in real time, with all the pains and aches... but also the happiest moments of bringing concepts to fruition. We are the community trying to establish itself. We have no other agenda.

Not wanting to sound like I'm sucking up, but as an IT professional with over 30 years experience ... I can tell you that the roll out of devstrike has been without any serious flaws that I was aware of, and that's the mark of a successful rollout ... keeping the users from knowing what went wrong! SaluteSmiley.gif.d201e2f70da9e26e45200f81833dbaa0.gif

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

happy 1 moth birthday DevStrike 🥳

Happy birthday, DevStrike.net  🙂 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

would be nice to post on my profile  

It should be possible to post a status update.
I've made a handful, so far.

Thanks for making this space.  I found that the forums were an integral part of the gaming experience for me and I'm glad you picked up the dropped torch.

Fair winds and following seas!

• Like 3

On 9/23/2023 at 4:55 AM, Gaelic_knight said:

would be nice to post on my profile  

Would've seen this earlier is you had used the feedback section..

I've added it to the to-do list

• Thanks 1

On 9/21/2023 at 9:13 PM, Gaelic_knight said:

happy 1 month birthday DevStrike 🥳

Happy 1 Month.  Thanks for the site!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Would've seen this earlier is you had used the feedback section..

I've added it to the to-do list

yes thanks ive been in contact with @yss_turtleship

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

This is an amazing site for fans of World of Warships , Keep up the great work and see you on the high Seas ❤️😎👍

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Jr_Token said:

Pleased I found this  Keep up the Good work 

Welcome to the forum!

40 minutes ago, Jr_Token said:

Pleased I found this  Keep up the Good work 

Welcome! And if you like what you see, spread the word!

2 hours ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Welcome! And if you like what you see, spread the word!

I am promoting it to my clan as an alternative to discord WOWS and Friends 

• Thanks 1

• I_cant_Swim_ unpinned this topic