First Game in Devastation

Frakagin

I got shafted in my first game with her, I got off one volley, I believe my damage total was 3,402. Game was over before it began, 4 DDs: 2 Klebers, a Marceau and a Daring. 172 XP, including premium lol.

Edited by Efros
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Efros said:

2 Klebers, a Marceau

Say no more!

(Context for the PVP crowd: In co-op a DD composition like that, driven by aggressive and competent players, can leave the rest of the team with very little to do.)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Efros said:

I got shafted in my first game with her, I got off one volley, I believe my damage total was 3,402. Game was over before it began, 4 DDs: 2 Klebers, a Marceau and a Daring. 172 XP, including premium lol.

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Say no more!

(Context for the PVP crowd: In co-op a DD composition like that, driven by aggressive and competent players, can leave the rest of the team with very little to do.)

I've been having a fair bit of that lately.

So much so that when I spawn in and see that I'm behind a Marceau (for some reason it's always a Marceau) I start looking to see if there's somewhere else I can go on the map to try to get some action. If there's nowhere worth heading to and it's only myself and the DD on a flank, I don't charge because the odds are that the DD driver is going to wait for me to get aggro on all the ships then move up and sink everything because the etc_swear_small.gif.7532597dd9509251bf454af192512822.gif focus fire mechanic means that the bots will ignore him (aside from secondaries)  while he unloads torps into their broadsides.

If I ensure that the DD gets aggro, then he either has to retreat or get sunk ... which gives me a chance at a decent match.

If other players start using that tactic we could, conceivably, see a return to the same problems that Dead Eye caused back in the day.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Efros said:

I know what you mean, playing BBs in Coop is usually not a fun experience, too often everything is all over before you are even in a position to contribute to the battle. I really liked the Asymmetric Battles, playing a BB was fun in them, i really hope they bring them back. I'm in the process of getting my second Research Bureau ship and was considering getting Slava, but like i said BBs in Coop are not fun to play, so i will probably get Druid first.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

If other players start using that tactic we could, conceivably, see a return to the same problems that Dead Eye caused back in the day.

The only problem Deadeye caused, IMHO, was to give gutless BB and cruiser drivers who didn't like their paint scratched an excuse to camp the backline. WG should never have folded on that. 

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

The only problem Deadeye caused, IMHO, was to give gutless BB and cruiser drivers who didn't like their paint scratched an excuse to camp the backline. WG should never have folded on that. 

I can't really say ... Deadeye was gone before I joined the game.

Whatever caused the camping, it was a problem from what I gathered from watching videos.

11 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Say no more!

I’m the guy driving the Marceau, when grinding missions in co-op. 😉

6 minutes ago, Ocsimano18 said:

I’m the guy driving the Marceau, when grinding missions in co-op. 😉

I take Yolo Emilio these days if you time it just right its easy 3 kills per match and for farming hits well my Colbert alway has a bad itch 😁

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 1